[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Quote from: larSyn on January 17, 2018, 10:16:43 PM
And, there are still a few more uses for hemp that I haven't gotten to yet...the stuff really is the plant with 50000 uses...

Thats really good to hear) I really like all those new recipes you added for smokeleaf. And if I could make components, turrets and other important stuff from biocomposite... Well that would be nothing short of amazing.

Also I am sure you aware of that, but your art is abolutely amazing. Those "Rim" insignias on item sprites)) Man, its so cool))

ajaviide

zenfiero

First off, I want to say that this is a fantastic mod. The polish and quality is top notch. It feels and operates really great.

I have encountered one strange thing. My pawns seem to want to carry a large, possibly infinite number of delicious NutriLeaf bars, standing over or near them in the stockpile and just loading up a bit at a time until they've got dozens or hundreds.

I restarted with just this mod and dev mode to check and I saw this error:

Jack started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. List: (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_4548)) , (TakeInventory (Job_4549) A=Thing_SmokeleafNutriLeaf62552) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_4550)) , (TakeInventory (Job_4551) A=Thing_SmokeleafNutriLeaf62552) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_4552)) , (TakeInventory (Job_4554) A=Thing_SmokeleafNutriLeaf62552) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_4555)) , (TakeInventory (Job_4559) A=Thing_SmokeleafNutriLeaf62552) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_4560)) , and (TakeInventory (Job_4563) A=Thing_SmokeleafNutriLeaf62552) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_4564))  lastJobGiver=null, curJob.def=WaitMaintainPosture, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_WaitMaintainPosture
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

larSyn

Quote from: Madman666 on January 18, 2018, 12:39:34 AM
Thats really good to hear) I really like all those new recipes you added for smokeleaf. And if I could make components, turrets and other important stuff from biocomposite... Well that would be nothing short of amazing.

Also I am sure you aware of that, but your art is abolutely amazing. Those "Rim" insignias on item sprites)) Man, its so cool))

I'll see what I can do about the recipes.  Once I track down everything that uses steel patching it shouldn't be that hard.  If you'd like to help, you could start a list of what uses steel and PM it to me.

Thanks!  ;D  I'm a 3D artist for work, but this is my first ever attempt at pixel art/sprites (actually I used to draw Mega Man/Mario/Link on graph paper lol).  Glad you like it!

Quote from: ajaviide on January 18, 2018, 02:44:56 AM
beautiful mod, thx!

Thanks!  :)

Quote from: zenfiero on January 18, 2018, 06:41:24 AM
First off, I want to say that this is a fantastic mod. The polish and quality is top notch. It feels and operates really great.

I have encountered one strange thing. My pawns seem to want to carry a large, possibly infinite number of delicious NutriLeaf bars, standing over or near them in the stockpile and just loading up a bit at a time until they've got dozens or hundreds.

I restarted with just this mod and dev mode to check and I saw this error:

Thanks!  Have you updated yet?  I thought I took care of that bug in v1.8a.  ::)  I was getting it too for a bit, with pawns carrying around 30-40 bars, but my pawns haven't touched the nutrileaf since I made the change.  Let me know either way please.  If it's still doing it I may just rewrite the code for them.  I'll do some tests too.

A question for everyone.  I'm working on the first add-on, a faction for SI specialized traders.  Would people prefer a cartel style faction or a hippie style one?  The cartel would be gangster style with a badass names and maybe a few vanilla friendly weapons.  The hippie's would all be pacifists and I'll do some special hippie clothing for them and give them hippie names, like Rainbow or something like that.  Either way is cool for me as I get to expand to new areas of code and art, but I'd like to get the communities feedback as to which people would prefer.

RyanRim

Quote from: larSyn on January 18, 2018, 07:45:32 AM

Thanks!  Have you updated yet?  I thought I took care of that bug in v1.8a.  ::)  I was getting it too for a bit, with pawns carrying around 30-40 bars, but my pawns haven't touched the nutrileaf since I made the change.  Let me know either way please.  If it's still doing it I may just rewrite the code for them.  I'll do some tests too.

A question for everyone.  I'm working on the first add-on, a faction for SI specialized traders.  Would people prefer a cartel style faction or a hippie style one?  The cartel would be gangster style with a badass names and maybe a few vanilla friendly weapons.  The hippie's would all be pacifists and I'll do some special hippie clothing for them and give them hippie names, like Rainbow or something like that.  Either way is cool for me as I get to expand to new areas of code and art, but I'd like to get the communities feedback as to which people would prefer.

Indeed I had a problem, but actually a mod conflict with infinite storage. The pawns in my colony wont automatically handle the storages so I wondered why I havent see anyone smoke for 2 days LOL

I personally love the factions, both of them. Having a smuggler like faction myself (although tribes are more interested than pirates  ::)) would be fun to play in a world with smokeleaf moguls.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Harry_Dicks

I would love for nothing more than to capture some dirty hippies and keep them locked up in my dungeon. I will force them to partake in my cultist sermons, purifying their immortal soul. For here we are making preparations, preparations for our weekly sacrifice...

Madman666

I'll see what I can do about the recipes.  Once I track down everything that uses steel patching it shouldn't be that hard.  If you'd like to help, you could start a list of what uses steel and PM it to me.

Thanks!  ;D  I'm a 3D artist for work, but this is my first ever attempt at pixel art/sprites (actually I used to draw Mega Man/Mario/Link on graph paper lol).  Glad you like it!

A question for everyone.  I'm working on the first add-on, a faction for SI specialized traders.  Would people prefer a cartel style faction or a hippie style one?

Figures, your art is too good for an amateur. If you didn't say you were 3d artist, i would definitely assume you were a pro at pixel art and 2d\pseudo3d game spriting.

As for a new faction - I think cartel\smuggler style would be damn awesome to have! I was even planning on adding something like that myself, but I just don't have any free time lately (and I suck at drawing sadly). I'll be glad to help listing all recipes for steel. Can you also consider making those recipe patches to some other big mods, that add weapons and armor? Like Medieval Times. MT has crapton of armor, traps and weapons you could craft from biocomposite with some patching... It would be beyond amazing. Rimworld is a bit lax in armor department and MT fixes it rather nicely.

Imagine this - you eat and drink smokeleaf, you use smokeleaf to get power, build with smokeleaf, wear smokeleaf, bandage and heal with smokeleaf, get high on smokeleaf and sleep on smokeleaf. And with a patch you'll be able to also shoot with smokeleaf, defend with smokeleaf and be saved by armor from smokeleaf, research with smokeleaf tech table and etc. Perfectly stoned world! (And maybe craft plasteel substitute with smokeleaf...)

It'd take crapton of work though since those mods are huge (and so much patching can eventually lead to some weird incompatibilities too, now that I think about it...). I am willing to take part in it though.

Harry_Dicks

Madman you keep it up and you're going to start looking like a smokeleaf.

Madman666

Why not? I can't get stoned irl, so my colonists in game might as well go all out.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Madman666 on January 18, 2018, 01:32:56 PM
Why not? I can't get stoned irl, so my colonists in game might as well go all out.

Go tell some Muslim clerics in some shithole country from the middle east that you committed adultery and I promise they will get you stoned! ;)

Madman666

They'll run out of stones if I tell my whole life story, man, spare them the humiliation))

larSyn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 18, 2018, 02:31:23 PM
Go tell some Muslim clerics in some shithole country from the middle east that you committed adultery and I promise they will get you stoned! ;)

None of that in here Harry, please, let's keep it about the mod. This isn't the place for it (hint: reddit). I don't need some political debate starting up in here...hard enough to avoid IRL lately anyway.

Crow_T

cartel or hippie? It's a fictionalized world and your mod, go crazy with it. I think I would go for a Guy Ritchie inspired combination of both, a cartel type with some hippie-ish members perhaps. This is also pretty high-tech, what about hippie scientist/engineer pirates :P
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: larSyn on January 19, 2018, 09:59:08 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 18, 2018, 02:31:23 PM

None of that in here Harry, please, let's keep it about the mod. This isn't the place for it (hint: reddit). I don't need some political debate starting up in here...hard enough to avoid IRL lately anyway.

You're right, it's your mod thread. Wasn't trying to initiate a political debate, was just trying to be edgey with a fact turned into a joke. Even if this is considered a "hate fact." And I thought the "stoned" part went well with the subject of the thread, but I can see now how you disagree.I wouldn't think that a jab at Muslims is crossing the line, when we are taking a mod dedicated to everything pot, and including cartels or hippies in it. I forget how to some people Muslims are a "protected class" and they will not tolerate any criticism of them. I know OP did not say that, but this is the feeling I get whenever someone says something about it.

But that's all, I will not rant on them anymore, as per OP's request ;)

larSyn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 11:39:12 AMBut that's all, I will not rant on them anymore, as per OP's request ;)

Don't worry about it, it's all good.  Thanks for being reasonable and understanding.  It's not that I think anyone is a protected class or any of that sjw nonsense, but there is a time and place.  And I see how you got there with the joke.  Again, thanks for being reasonable.  :)