Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Mod option
Simple side arms
Configuration tab Triggers
Uncheck "Melee combat autoswitch"

Madman666

Hey there! So I completely forgot, that I promised to assemble the recipes that use steel, so you can patch them to also use biocomposite.

Most important its components!)
1) You can already use biocomposite for everything from vanilla "Structure" tab.
2) Production tab: Crematorium (20 steel and stone), hydroponics, deep drill nutrient paste dispenser, hopper, sculptor table, electric tailor bench (50 steel and some stuff), both smithies, machining table, both stoves, stonecutter's table (30 steel and some stuff), brewery (30 steel and wood), drug lab (75 steel, components, stuff), electric smelter, refinery, component assembly bench, simple research bench (30 steel and stuff)
3) Furniture tab - hospital beds (80 steel, meds, stuff),
4) "Power" tab - everything can only be made with steel: conduits, switches, wood and chemfuel generators, wind turbines, solar generators, geothermal generators and batteries.
5) "Misc" tab - orbital trade beacon, comms console, firefoam popper, moisture pump, deep scanner, long-range mineral scanner, pod launcher, transport pod, multi-analyzer, vitals monitor, tool cabine cryptosleep casket
6) "Joy" tab - tube television
7) Temperature - heater, cooler and vents
8) Ship tab - I guess that can be left alone.
9) Crafted items:
Armor vests
All weapons: assault rifle, autopistol, revolver, machine pistol, heavy smg, pump shotgun, chain shotgun, LMG, sniper rifle, incendiary launcher, minigun, charge rifle.
10) "Security" tab: turrets and mortars can be made of stuff but still need some fixed amount of steel.

Some kind of plasteel substitute or a an expensive endgame recipe for production could be nice too... Power armor out of smokeleaf)) Hope that helps, sorry I forgot about it and didn't post immediately.

larSyn

Quote from: Madman666 on January 22, 2018, 02:39:35 PM
Hey there! So I completely forgot, that I promised to assemble the recipes that use steel, so you can patch them to also use biocomposite.

Thanks, Madman!  Patching has begun.  Obviously, this will affect the recipes only.  The textures won't turn green or anything like they were made from "stuff".

Quote from: Madman666 on January 22, 2018, 02:39:35 PMSome kind of plasteel substitute or a an expensive endgame recipe for production could be nice too... Power armor out of smokeleaf)) Hope that helps, sorry I forgot about it and didn't post immediately.

Way ahead of you on this one.  Already working on it.  Google "Hemp Graphene" for a hint as to some of the new stuff coming.   ;)

Madman666

Quote from: larSyn on January 24, 2018, 08:18:21 AM
Thanks, Madman!  Patching has begun.  Obviously, this will affect the recipes only.  The textures won't turn green or anything like they were made from "stuff".

No, thank you for picking that up, really. Its a crapton of repetitive work. I'll probably try to make a similar patch for Medieval Times, so that we can make even more stuff out of your biocomposite, because its damn good and actually balanced with so many production steps to take. Textures are the last thing I am worrying about. Its good enough, that I'll be able to craft components from smokeleaf!

Vlad0mi3r

I am having an issue with hemp protein.

I am trying to use it as a meat replacement, Mainly using it for kibble and packaged survival meals.

The issue is everyone is eating it instead of simple meals.

It is not giving a mood debuff for eating raw food.

A suggestion would be to increase the output of protein per 75 seeds say to 10 protein and give it the raw food tag so you can stock pile it and cook with it.

I really do not want to go back to cadaver fridge where animal corpses are piled up to the roof and raw meat is slapped all over the floor.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 25, 2018, 08:44:11 PM
I am having an issue with hemp protein.

I just checked the xml.  I screwed up and never changed the ParentName for the Protein.  It's set to be a meal for some reason (sloppy copy/paste job on my part...).  I'll get an update out asap.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 24, 2018, 08:29:54 AM
No, thank you for picking that up, really. Its a crapton of repetitive work. I'll probably try to make a similar patch for Medieval Times, so that we can make even more stuff out of your biocomposite, because its damn good and actually balanced with so many production steps to take. Textures are the last thing I am worrying about. Its good enough, that I'll be able to craft components from smokeleaf!

Got some good news/bad news on this. I won't be able to add the biocomposite to all the recipes.  It's because of the way cost lists work versus ingredient lists.  It's a ThingDef versus RecipeDef problem.  Basically, if it has a cost list (ThingDef) I can't have an alternative for any given ingredient, it would have to outright replace it. Alternatively, if it has an ingredient list (RecipeDef), I can do it.  So, the bad news is the buildings, benches, etc can't be changed (I'm sure it could be done with some C# voodoo, but I'm not there yet with my skills in it...).  Good news is you will definitely be able to make components out of it.  I'll keep working on the C# stuff till I get it figured out, but it probably won't be for a bit. 

Madman666

Quote from: larSyn on January 27, 2018, 08:57:48 AM
Got some good news/bad news on this. I won't be able to add the biocomposite to all the recipes.  It's because of the way cost lists work versus ingredient lists.  It's a ThingDef versus RecipeDef problem.  Basically, if it has a cost list (ThingDef) I can't have an alternative for any given ingredient, it would have to outright replace it. Alternatively, if it has an ingredient list (RecipeDef), I can do it.  So, the bad news is the buildings, benches, etc can't be changed (I'm sure it could be done with some C# voodoo, but I'm not there yet with my skills in it...).  Good news is you will definitely be able to make components out of it.  I'll keep working on the C# stuff till I get it figured out, but it probably won't be for a bit.

Got it, I suspected, that with items that offer list of materials to use it'll be easy and not so much in other cases. You still should be able to add the main steel eater - components. Even if you can't really alter its recipe to be able to choose steel or biocomposite, you can always just add an additional recipe for component assembly bench. It probably should require more biocomposite than if it was steel and a bit more work to make too, for balance purposes. Thanks for your hard work as always!:)

drlovesfurious

Does anyone know how to make the "smokeleaf Distillate"? I can't find it anywhere and i researched everything.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: drlovesfurious on February 02, 2018, 12:48:01 AM
Does anyone know how to make the "smokeleaf Distillate"? I can't find it anywhere and i researched everything.

Have you tried searching for this product using the in game mod HelpTab? It should tell you everything you need to know about an item, including where to produce it. Unfortunately, I do not know off the top of my head what work station you make this with, but you can find out yourself through this method, including any issues like this you will have in the future.

Madman666

^This. That mod is incredibly helpful when you play with a lot of mods new to you. I'd imagine it cuts the amount of recipe and item related questions asked on this forum at least by half if not more.

larSyn

Quote from: drlovesfurious on February 02, 2018, 12:48:01 AM

It's made at the Medicinals Lab.  It should unlock along with the bench after researching "Smokeleaf Pharmacology" (Electricity must also be researched).  But, Harry and Madman are right.  The Help Tab mod is incredibly useful for finding stuff like this.  I would also suggest ResearchPal, but it has some issues.  Instead, fluffy's new Research Tree is pretty good for knowing what research unlocks what.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: larSyn on February 02, 2018, 09:57:32 AM
I would also suggest ResearchPal, but it has some issues.  Instead, fluffy's new Research Tree is pretty good for knowing what research unlocks what.

I have to interject. I tried Fluffy's updated Research Tree, and it gave me some big load times, when you are first pulling it up. But with about 170 mods running, my research screen looked like crap (sorry Fluffy!) and it was about 95% empty space. Really, go check out his thread and look at the screen caps, it isn't the best. The only thing his addition did that made me want to try it, was he added in a search function, which I needed for my overlapping tiles from ResearchPal. However, ResearchPal made an update only a few days after Fluffy made his, and it now has a search function as well, I have zero overlapping tiles, and there is no wasted space at all.

In conclusion, I would highly, highly recommend ResearchPal over Research Tree. It loads faster, has no wasted space, and is just all around a better mod in my opinion, now that is has been updated. However, every other one of Fluffy's mod is an absolute must have for me, and I would recommend all of them! The only one of his I don't use is the Birds & Bees ::)

larSyn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 02, 2018, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: larSyn on February 02, 2018, 09:57:32 AM
I would also suggest ResearchPal, but it has some issues.  Instead, fluffy's new Research Tree is pretty good for knowing what research unlocks what.

I have to interject. I tried Fluffy's updated Research Tree, and it gave me some big load times, when you are first pulling it up. But with about 170 mods running, my research screen looked like crap (sorry Fluffy!) and it was about 95% empty space. Really, go check out his thread and look at the screen caps, it isn't the best. The only thing his addition did that made me want to try it, was he added in a search function, which I needed for my overlapping tiles from ResearchPal. However, ResearchPal made an update only a few days after Fluffy made his, and it now has a search function as well, I have zero overlapping tiles, and there is no wasted space at all.

In conclusion, I would highly, highly recommend ResearchPal over Research Tree. It loads faster, has no wasted space, and is just all around a better mod in my opinion, now that is has been updated. However, every other one of Fluffy's mod is an absolute must have for me, and I would recommend all of them! The only one of his I don't use is the Birds & Bees ::)

I didn't know that the issues with ResearchPal were fixed!  The overlapping stuff is what stopped me from using it.  That's awesome.  I'll probably be switching back to that now from Research Tree.  You're definitely right about the blank space in Research Tree.  It can also be kinda hard to follow the paths for research.  I'm a big fan of fluffy's mods and use all of them except birds & bees as well.  :)  Most of them should be added to the base game, imo.

larSyn

I'd also like to let you all know where things stand right now.  I'm just about done the cartel/criminal faction mod.  I have an idea that I am trying to get working,  but so far no luck (anyone with some C# skills that would be willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it).  I'm probably going to release it without that one last thing, and update when I figure it out.  Look for it sometime this weekend.  I also released a QoL mod called RimTweaks.  This may not be for everyone.  It basically fixes some things that I have found annoying and consolidates a lot of the other QoL mods into one place (I got sick of downloading 10-20 single use QoL mods and decided to make my own versions).  You will need to check the changelog for a complete list of changes, because there are too many to list in the description.  Check it out if you are interested! 

Vlad0mi3r

Is the cartel/criminal faction mod going to be separate from Smokeleaf Industry? I hope so.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503