[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larSyn

Quote from: photomike72 on February 16, 2018, 02:07:58 PM
I really like the latest update but, one question? Before the latest update I was able to use smokeleaf seeds and hemp fibers to make chemfuel. Now with the v1.9a update I'm no longer able to make chemfuel from them. I deleted the bill and made a new one to see if that would make a difference but, no change. Is there something that I can do on my end to be able to make chemfuel again? or is there a fix you can do to change it back? Thanks

Yeah, that was an accident.  I'm gonna add a new recipe for it in the next update.

Quote from: Madman666 on February 16, 2018, 02:10:29 PM
Dat article man)) I can't wait for 1.9b!

:)

Madman666

Jezus, what an update. Biocoal, hempene generators, hemp nanosheets. Wow. I have two 200% fertility greenhouses exclusively for smoleaf and I though it will be enough. Hah, not even close :)

Seriously - thank you for your hard work and time, its very enjoyable to have in my modlist. And i also really like the balance of those new things as well.

Madman666

One thing i don't quite enjoy is some recipes requiring biocoal only. Biocoal gets automatically used by fuelable crafting stations and you can't really restrict the fuel usage other than manually forbidding stacks. I crafted a lot of it, aiming at making some hemp nanosheets, but when I actually got to it - i had 10 biocoal left out of 500...

Crow_T

Quote from: larSyn on February 15, 2018, 08:26:03 PM
A "lite" version isn't a bad idea.  There is a lot to the mod and I could see some people not wanting all of it.  It wouldn't take long to make a stripped down version. Leave some thoughts on what you'd like to see.
I like lighter mods as well, and this is by no means a must do, just some ideas for a lite version:
Eliminate some levels of smokeleaf processing, things like separating parts and cutting tables. Just use straight up smokeleaf + any other extra ingredients.
Eliminate some of the materials like bricks and flooring, as well as the new coal/hempene lineup, keep the cloth and composite. Hempoline may go as well, I think you can refine smokeleaf into chemfuel already.
I think the edibles and meds are good, not sure if there is much overlap in this area.
This would be a good intro version for players who may be overwhelmed by large mods with many new processes (like me).

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Harry_Dicks

Right. I'm not sure of the specifics I'd like exactly, just roughly 1/3 of as many end products. Maybe cut out a lot of the different grades of drugs and medicines.

Ruisuki

Yeah I find it intimidating to try a big mod but it is tempting. Are people worried it makes the game too hard or too easy mostly?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 18, 2018, 07:34:04 PM
Yeah I find it intimidating to try a big mod but it is tempting. Are people worried it makes the game too hard or too easy mostly?

You can essentially let your entire colony live off of smokeleaf with this mod. Yeah it will probably be a ton of crafting and chains of productions to get everything going, but it is doable. To some people, this may make the game easier, but to each his own. Hell, we're in a single player game anyway with dev tools, crazy mods, and you can alter virtually any values yourself if you really want to. So making the game to easy for yourself is maybe too easy in itself, I've learned that I just need to still leave a challenge for myself to not ruin the fun. But everyone's different, and I'm thinking you'll like this mod a lot. Especially if you haven't used it before. You will appreciate all of the attention to detail, and can tell the author has his heart in it.

Crow_T

I don't think it makes it either too hard or too easy, just a lot bigger and it adds some complexity which in terms of Rimworld is a great thing considering its DF roots. As a whole the mod seems pretty well balanced.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 18, 2018, 08:01:07 PM

You can essentially let your entire colony live off of smokeleaf with this mod. Yeah it will probably be a ton of crafting and chains of productions to get everything going, but it is doable. To some people, this may make the game easier, but to each his own. Hell, we're in a single player game anyway with dev tools, crazy mods, and you can alter virtually any values yourself if you really want to. So making the game to easy for yourself is maybe too easy in itself, I've learned that I just need to still leave a challenge for myself to not ruin the fun. But everyone's different, and I'm thinking you'll like this mod a lot. Especially if you haven't used it before. You will appreciate all of the attention to detail, and can tell the author has his heart in it.
Ah that makes sense. Yeah I can see why people would think its a problem if they go full on Breaking Bad. Its outside the scope of the mod but would be cool if maybe there were drug wars happening depending on how much you sell/produce, with raids increasing in size, caravans being ambushed and events like being asked to pay protection money. Maybe have new factions form. That would certainly discourage players to moderate their production over time haha

Harry_Dicks

That sounds like it would be a fun idea for a mod. Maybe after 1.0 hits, and maybe we get a nice content expansion and Ludeon makes the world map and factions actually matter more than they do now. Maybe a certain faction relies on selling smokeleaf products to survive, and then you start flooding the market dropping their prices, so they threaten to go to war with you if ya don't stop :P

Kori

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
Its outside the scope of the mod but would be cool if maybe there were drug wars happening depending on how much you sell/produce, with raids increasing in size, caravans being ambushed and events like being asked to pay protection money. Maybe have new factions form.

larSyn is already working on another smokeleaf related mod that adds a new faction. :)

Ruisuki

Hopefully its dynamic and if possible could respond to your smokeleaf production off this mod. Oooo just got an idea for a 'crime' mod. Once you get into the smokeleaf game you in it for life.

Harry_Dicks

Madman666

One more thing to adjust would be biocoal's work times... Its way too long. I can understand in case of hemp nanosheets, since that is a complex process, but scorching biocoal, should really be done about as fast as smelting slag if a little longer. To be precise I mean bulk recipes.

Also if autotrimmers did their thing on their own via picking up smokeleaf from hoppers and trimming without a pawn, that would be a really awesome addition. That would compensate for lower byproduct output for sure.

Vlad0mi3r

It certainly doesn't unbalance the game if you want the top end benefits of smokeleaf you have to work for them.

Its only as big as you want it to be to be honest you could do the basic research and just make joints how you used to. I bet that wouldn't last long though because its a straight forward mod as well not dicking around with a heap of new bits and pieces and so far I have not had any conflicts with other mods.

My mod list is supposed to be a self imposed cap of 20 its up to about 30 at the moment. Smokeleaf Industry is in my top 10.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503