[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad0mi3r

I think it would be fair to put it on the same level as Plasteel. I don't think there is a need to go beyond Plasteel.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Kori

nanosheets as a good crafting material would be nice!

larSyn

Ok.  I'll add them as stuff in the next update.  I'll try and make it a little unique amongst the other options.  Biocomposite will probably see a little tweak, too, since there will be a higher tier material to use.  Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I've been a bit busy lately, so I wouldn't expect to see an update until the weekend.  So with that said, any other requests/tweaks can be made before I get going on it.  I prefer updates to have some meat to them.

Harry_Dicks

Would you ever consider giving the smokeleaf plants some random variety for their graphics? Since people could virtually keep their whole colony running off of just smokeleaf, then they will have fields of the stuff. Is that something that is even possible, and if so, would you ever have some random variation among the plants as they grow, just to give them some variety?

Random, probably shitty idea: special, more beautiful plant vases/bases or whatever that you could build as decoration around your colony, in bedrooms, wherever. But you could grow a more beautiful smokeleaf plant? Maybe this new smokeleaf  plant takes awhile to grow, gives less smokeleaf, but has a high beauty, making it great for spicing up a room.

Madman666

Actually would be nice to have tiers of smokeleaf itself, yeah. Maybe some genetically enhanced versions of it, that can be unlocked by highest tier research. One that has even more fertility sensitivity, so you can grow it faster (or just with increased harvest yields) and one that nearly doesn't care about the soil, grows way slower but yields a lot more like corn. Could be really versatile addition depending on the biome you play with.

larSyn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 06, 2018, 11:18:29 AM
Would you ever consider giving the smokeleaf plants some random variety for their graphics? Since people could virtually keep their whole colony running off of just smokeleaf, then they will have fields of the stuff. Is that something that is even possible, and if so, would you ever have some random variation among the plants as they grow, just to give them some variety?

I don't believe there is any way to have variant graphics.  I did add the mature plant with the buds, and I'm 99% sure that's the best that can be done for now.  It would be nice if we could add variants.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 06, 2018, 11:18:29 AM
Random, probably shitty idea: special, more beautiful plant vases/bases or whatever that you could build as decoration around your colony, in bedrooms, wherever. But you could grow a more beautiful smokeleaf plant? Maybe this new smokeleaf  plant takes awhile to grow, gives less smokeleaf, but has a high beauty, making it great for spicing up a room.

That was basically what I was going for with the space bucket.  I thought people would use it in various locations that were already heated, but it appears I never added any "Beauty" to it...  I'll add that in the next update. 

Quote from: Madman666 on March 06, 2018, 02:45:55 PM
Actually would be nice to have tiers of smokeleaf itself, yeah. Maybe some genetically enhanced versions of it, that can be unlocked by highest tier research. One that has even more fertility sensitivity, so you can grow it faster (or just with increased harvest yields) and one that nearly doesn't care about the soil, grows way slower but yields a lot more like corn. Could be really versatile addition depending on the biome you play with.

I don't really want to have tiers of smokeleaf, mainly because it would affect the drugs and edibles as well.  Adding more tiers would result in having to add drugs and edibles that are on par with the tiers, and I don't think having 3 different types of joint/hash/brownies/etc would be a good idea.  But I like the idea overall, and you have given me an idea for something new...growing techniques.  That would cover the faster grow/less yield and longer grow/more yield rather nicely I think. 

Harry_Dicks

The different tiers of smokeleaf plants could all still give smokeleaf as their final product, just in varying amounts, not actually different final products from the different tiers or "brands" of the smokeleaf plants.

Also, I am fairly confident that you can have various, random graphics. I'm on mobile so I can't look for reference, but I know I've seen something similar elsewhere. It might have just been for different trees or something. I'll try to see when I get home, but I think it was something as simple as changing the graphicType to something else.

I think that's what the previous poster was referring to.

larSyn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 09, 2018, 04:02:38 PM
The different tiers of smokeleaf plants could all still give smokeleaf as their final product, just in varying amounts, not actually different final products from the different tiers or "brands" of the smokeleaf plants.

I am working on something that will have similar results in the long run right now, just through a different method.  I think it will work nicely.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 09, 2018, 04:02:38 PMAlso, I am fairly confident that you can have various, random graphics. I'm on mobile so I can't look for reference, but I know I've seen something similar elsewhere. It might have just been for different trees or something. I'll try to see when I get home, but I think it was something as simple as changing the graphicType to something else.

I think that's what the previous poster was referring to.

It's possible that "Graphic_Random" might do it...but, in all the core files, everything that uses that has a single image for it.  I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

larSyn

Smokeleaf Industry
Updated to B18-v1.10a
See OP for changelog.

Thanks Harry, Graphic_Random definitely works for variants.

Madman666

Harry_Dicks

Wow! This is really great, thank you. :)

Kori

Vlad0mi3r

The nano sheet solar panel does not produce more power than a standard solar panel. 1700w Nano 1700w standard.

Question on the nano conduit. Does it suffer from Zzzt? I am thinking about re-wireing the base but if its same, same than I will leave it as it is?

Loving the nano sheet by the way you have balanced it very well. Lots of time and energy to make but worth it.

Hempoline is still to valuable to sell IMO I stockpile it for when I want to spam buy expensive stuff from traders 1000 hempoline is a lot of silver.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 24, 2018, 07:50:46 AM
The nano sheet solar panel does not produce more power than a standard solar panel. 1700w Nano 1700w standard.

Question on the nano conduit. Does it suffer from Zzzt? I am thinking about re-wireing the base but if its same, same than I will leave it as it is?

Loving the nano sheet by the way you have balanced it very well. Lots of time and energy to make but worth it.

Hempoline is still to valuable to sell IMO I stockpile it for when I want to spam buy expensive stuff from traders 1000 hempoline is a lot of silver.

Thanks, vlad!  I'll look into what I did with the solar panels.  From what I understand about the Zzzt! is that it is caused by batteries.  Meaning if you wired your whole base without batteries, no Zzzt!  I'm not 100% (never checked the code for it) on that but I've read it a bunch of times.  As for the hemp conduit, it's essentially the same as normal conduit, but it has 1 beauty and a slight glow to it, so it can be exposed with a small bonus.  I figured that was fair trade for how expensive it is.

One of the last things I plan on doing for SI, is an economic rebalance.  It will probably be the final update for SI.  If anyone wants to weigh in on the subject, I'm open to ideas.  This mod can allow for easy "kingpinning", especially in late game, and I would like to find a way to balance that a bit more.