[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larSyn

Quote from: Madman666 on September 18, 2018, 11:34:23 AM
Hurrray!!! Thanks a bunch, larSyn! Time to get stoned!

NP.  Sorry it took so long.   :)

Madman666

Nah, its fine to take your time. We all know you got your amazing circumstances ;)

Ruisuki

is infused medicine not intended to be used for operations? i spawned in a medicine since i wasnt able to remove a bionic spine elsewise.

larSyn

Updated to 1.0!  Congrats to Tynan for finishing this awesome game!

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 18, 2018, 03:48:58 AM
is infused medicine not intended to be used for operations? i spawned in a medicine since i wasnt able to remove a bionic spine elsewise.

Not sure.  It should work like every other medicine, but Tynan did change how the medicine is used.  I'll look into it today and see if there was a change.

Ruisuki

nice nice. I should mention the bionic spine is likely from RBSE mod

Sliderpro

infused medicine is considered glittertech if I am right so you have to allow glitterworld medicine treatment for your colonists.

Sliderpro

I am sorry, I am not a very clever person. But what is the point of smokeleaf consumables? they dont have a nutrient value! Basically its just.. recreation and x90% hunger rate and thats it?

larSyn

Quote from: Sliderpro on October 23, 2018, 07:40:05 AM
I am sorry, I am not a very clever person. But what is the point of smokeleaf consumables? they dont have a nutrient value! Basically its just.. recreation and x90% hunger rate and thats it?

No need to be sorry.  The consumables did have nutrient values in the beginning, but I had to remove them because animals would eat the stuff until they developed addictions and would vomit all over the place.  It was funny having dogs eating brownies at first, but that's not what I wanted them to do.  In the end the best solution I came up with was to have the consumables be drugs.  I tried a lot of different methods to fix it, including making them different food "desirability" levels, but the animals kept going for them.  If anyone knows a better way, I'm all ears.  I made them with the 90% hunger rate to kind of make it like the pawns are eating something to "hold them over" til it's time to eat for real. 

Also you are right about the Infused Medicine.  It is spacer/glitter tech. 

Sliderpro

Quote from: larSyn on October 23, 2018, 08:28:19 AM
Quote from: Sliderpro on October 23, 2018, 07:40:05 AM

No need to be sorry.  The consumables did have nutrient values in the beginning, but I had to remove them because animals would eat the stuff until they developed addictions and would vomit all over the place.  It was funny having dogs eating brownies at first, but that's not what I wanted them to do.  In the end the best solution I came up with was to have the consumables be drugs.  I tried a lot of different methods to fix it, including making them different food "desirability" levels, but the animals kept going for them.  If anyone knows a better way, I'm all ears.  I made them with the 90% hunger rate to kind of make it like the pawns are eating something to "hold them over" til it's time to eat for real. 
I dont have a solution to that, but you can make these consumables a bit more powerful in a way that they will have some sort of desirable effects. I remember some old food mod with that kind of things.
Like eat nutrileaf bar - get decent bonus to movespeed, eat de energy drink - lose a lot of movespeed but get a huge decrease in hunger rate, eat a cookie - get a lot of small bonuses to everything, movespeed, manipulation, metabolism. Eat candy - get strong good mood debuf and accuracy maybe. Something like that. This way consumables will be more desirable even without nutrition value

Sliderpro

and there is one more thing. planters and space buckets are considered art for some reason in a sence they can be good, bad, legendary, etc.

Sliderpro

By the way it would be great to specify that pills give immunity to malaria and plague and for how long in the description, because it is quite easy to miss if you dont read very carefully. I didnt notice until I started reading config file even though it was in a game..
---
Actually, I think you can make everything into drugs, eatables included. If we cant have them as food items without problems, why the hell not turn them into drugs instead? This way you can add whatever effects you REALLY want

Sliderpro

By the way, the thing about space buckets I said above? Well I checked and space buckets add massive amount of wealth to the colony. I have 80 space buckets and room is 25k wealth..

larSyn

Thanks for the feedback Slider.  I'll check into the planters and space buckets.  The buckets should have some value considering how quickly they can grow things.  I can add the pill effects to the description in the next update. 

I like your ideas for the edibles too.  I'll work on implementing that for the next update as well.   :)

Sliderpro

larSyn

Updated to v1.13a.  See Changelog in OP for details.