[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCanDo

Needs, err...., more...herbs, yes, herbs.

NoCanDo

Where/How do I make smokeleaf distilate and hemp protein?

Canute

NoCanDo,
did you ever try the mod HelpTab ?
With that mod you can see the recipes with workbenches and researches.

NoCanDo

Canute

For HelpTab, no but the B19 works at 1.0.

NoCanDo

I thought the hempene solar generator was supposed to output more power? My solar generators do 1700w, the hempene generator does 1700w too.

larSyn

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 26, 2018, 07:10:00 AM
I thought the hempene solar generator was supposed to output more power? My solar generators do 1700w, the hempene generator does 1700w too.

Yeah thats the amount the generator stores when it is active, kinda like a battery built in.  The hempene generator transmits 10x more power than the regular solar, but this isn't shown anywhere.  Lots of people ask about this.  I may end up removing them completely, to avoid all the confusion. 

NoCanDo

Nah, just edit the description to clarify it. So in terms of vanilla solar generators....1 hempene replaces how many? Asking because transmitting isn't generating.

Canute

QuoteThe hempene generator transmits 10x more power than the regular solar, but this isn't shown anywhere.
You need to explain this feature a bit more.
Since it is nowhere shown ingame, the Hemp solargenerator looks for the most people as a waste.
It use alot more space (25 tiles) then the normal one (16 tiles) and generate the same output. Which is from the used area a loose of power, and need at last an output of 25 * (1700W/16) = ~2700W to be at the same efficiency.

Canute

Shame on my !!
After using that mod now for sporadic over serveral Rimworld releases i just discover now.
You made fine meals just out of smokeleafs (seeds).

But from the crafting process logic, when you grind Hemp flour, shouldn't hemp protein appear as side product too ?

Could you maybe change the nutri values of of hemp/flour ? 0.15 and 0.20 are very uncommon and wasteful in case you don't have bulk recipes. (single fine meal need 0.25 of each)
I would suggest 0.25 or like the standard 0.05 for both of them.

Ceiling lamp prevent the growing on planter box below.

larSyn

I'll edit the description and alter the values for the solar generator in the next release.  Thanks for doing the math Canute!

I'll check into the fine meals too.  From what I recall when I did all the research for SI, IRL there is a different process for the flour and protein to be made.  I could make them both come from grinding seeds but it would have to be made so it wasn't op (way more seeds to make them). 

I'll also adjust the nutrient values.  That makes sense. 

Thanks for all the feedback!

Canute

QuoteI'll check into the fine meals too.
Sorry you missunderstood it.
You can made protein (meat) and flour (vegetable) out of the seeds.
And made fine meals with protein and flour. Not from seed's direct.
So anything is ok with fine meals.

It is basicly the same with bean's and tofu from Vegetable garden.

larSyn

Quote from: Canute on December 07, 2018, 11:41:12 AM
Sorry you missunderstood it.
You can made protein (meat) and flour (vegetable) out of the seeds.
And made fine meals with protein and flour. Not from seed's direct.

Ooooh, I get you.  Yeah, Fine Meals can be made from smokeleaf byproducts.  Lavish ones too.   :)

larSyn

Smokeleaf Industry
Updated to v1.14a

See Changelog in OP for details.

Canute

Does the material selection for battery and solargenerator got any other benefit then change the HP falue of the item ?
I though at the old mod Adv. Power generation, when the material alter the power output too.
But different HP are fine too, so a plasteel one protect the valueable nanosheet building.

About the Hempoline generator,
a fuel eff. of 18 is better then the wood fired generator.
But once you want to made nanosheets, you have basicly no hemp fiber left anymore.
And the hempoline generator eat hempoline pretty fast.

My idea's are that the hempline recipe allow seeds and buds too.
Adding an adv. hempoline generator with nanosheets, put the optic from the solargenerator on it, and change the max fuel/eff. to the chemfuel generator. (30 fuel  4.5 eff.) with 2000W.

That you can use CBD as medicin is nice, but annoying when you want craft infused medicin out of it and the pawn's used them up before.