[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcanadrago

I don't understand, where do i produce hempoline?

Canute

Same spot like you produce Chemfuel.
And i suggest to use HelpTab mod
https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-HelpTab
B19 works on 1.0

larSyn

Quote from: Canute on December 11, 2018, 05:10:19 AM
Does the material selection for battery and solargenerator got any other benefit then change the HP falue of the item ?
I though at the old mod Adv. Power generation, when the material alter the power output too.
But different HP are fine too, so a plasteel one protect the valueable nanosheet building.

About the Hempoline generator,
a fuel eff. of 18 is better then the wood fired generator.
But once you want to made nanosheets, you have basicly no hemp fiber left anymore.
And the hempoline generator eat hempoline pretty fast.

My idea's are that the hempline recipe allow seeds and buds too.
Adding an adv. hempoline generator with nanosheets, put the optic from the solargenerator on it, and change the max fuel/eff. to the chemfuel generator. (30 fuel  4.5 eff.) with 2000W.

That you can use CBD as medicin is nice, but annoying when you want craft infused medicin out of it and the pawn's used them up before.

Prioritizing (and restricting) what you are going to make is part of the mod.  Each "base" thing (fibers, seeds, buds) has so many uses that you kind of need to plan ahead a bit.  It's intentionally like this.  It requires a bit more micro-management, but that's the point.  This stuff has so many possible uses, but supply will always be an issue if you try and make everything.  Hope that makes sense.  :)

I believe seeds can be used to make hempoline already...correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not at my main computer.  I can add buds to it too.  Seems fair. 

And thanks for helping people out with questions about the mod.  I've obviously been wrapped up in the stolen mod thing...  Help Tab is a great tool to use and it helps a lot with recipe questions. 

Madman666

Quote from: larSyn on December 16, 2018, 11:57:45 AM
Prioritizing (and restricting) what you are going to make is part of the mod.  Each "base" thing (fibers, seeds, buds) has so many uses that you kind of need to plan ahead a bit.  It's intentionally like this.  It requires a bit more micro-management, but that's the point.  This stuff has so many possible uses, but supply will always be an issue if you try and make everything.  Hope that makes sense.  :)

Or you just plant and grow suuuper crapload and live off of it, wearing it, eating it and binging on it :P

Canute

Or just skip some steps.
Power generation out of smokeleaf isn't very effectiv.
Since i am swimming at seeds, i rather use them to made hemp-flour/protein -> pemmican -> Chemfuel -> Chemfuel generator.
That keep the fiber for Devil fabric and nanosheet.

Madman666

Christ, so many production steps... Too much labor man. I prefer my power nuclear. I absolutely love the medicines, drugs and foods though. Lategame hunting becomes an issue unless you play uber-big maps with enough animals to feed 30+ people. So protein recipes are huge help. Usually don't use building materials and fabrics as much, cause i have plenty alternatives.

Canute

Mosttimes me too, but i don't use Rimatomics all the time. Rimfeller is a nice solution too.

I didn't test it out yet.
But i think since hempoline burns so fast, it would require a permanent production of hempoline.
Since Chemfuel generator are a way more efficient, these extra steps are maybe less intensive then when one pawn produce hempoline all day.

QuoteI believe seeds can be used to make hempoline already...correct me if I'm wrong,
No you are right, i oversaw that since the bill name say "Make Hempoline from hemp fiber (x25)".

Vlad0mi3r

Definitely seeds for hempoline. 2000 power per generator is a must.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Bluntflame

Do not use in large mod lists. Does not play well with many mods.

Madman666

Using it with 180 other mods. Plays nice with everything.

Trentennisfigati

It used to work well for me in big modlists, at the moment it seems it has some problems loading with vegetable garden/nowater no life/dubs bad hygiene, still dont know which mod is causing issues

Madman666

I have literally everything you listed aside from "no water" (cause crappy graphics) on and it works fine. Just make sure to load smokeleaf industry after vegetable garden stuff as it does some patching to be compatible.

Trentennisfigati

below every VGP expansion?
I'm pretty sure there's some mod that conflicts with smokeleaf industry.
It's the only mod that makes the bars of better loading act very strange. They surpass their border and break the game.
Going to post a log soon

Madman666

Yes. You place SI under every single VGP related module and it should work fine. At least it does for me, since Smokeleaf Industry was first published on Steam and made compatible with VGP.

And lol, i have better loading mod and it acts as normal for me with SI mod enabled. I suggest checking your mod load order thoroughly.

vandal

Quote from: larSyn on August 02, 2018, 09:16:15 AM
Quote from: Madman666 on June 01, 2018, 06:13:10 AM
Well there s no rush - take your time! :)

Thanks Madman!  :)

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 27, 2018, 12:29:41 AM
Hey Iarsyn remember we were talking about the drug war mod you were planning before? Well Mehni just came out with his own mod to improve faction interaction(its even in the name!) and I thought you might wanna try it and maybe get some inspiration when you get back. Its 1.0 only though, but maybe it will be featured in a review before long

The cartel mod is about 90% complete.  I'll look into Mehni's mod before I release it.  I'm waiting on 1.0 to drop before I update everything/release new stuff.  Thanks for letting me know about it!  :)

And a little announcement of sorts.  The reason I haven't been able to mod much recently, is that I was hired by Tynan to do all the new artwork for 1.0 (he saw my sandbag re-texture and really liked it and the rest is history).  It's been a lot of work and a lot of fun.  I hope that everyone likes the new designs/artwork.  Its also why I'm listed as a dev now.  With the release inevitable, I should be able to get my mods updated soon.
was this ever released? If not, any progress on it?