[Mod Request] Mercenaries/bodyguards

Started by art281996, September 21, 2017, 05:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art281996

Does anybody think it would be possible to have a faction that can help you defend yourself against raids? Similar to requesting aid from a friendly faction but allowing you to purchause a certian amount of pawns to help you defend in a raid and leave when their job is done. This would be great for anyone that doesnt want to lose their highly experienced colonists or just want to have extra fire power for those late game raids. Lets take it one step further, how about being able to control said mercenaries just like colonists to micromanage your defenses and make raids much more intresring. Of course all of this at a price, paying a good amount for each mercenary and having to pay again for a replacement if they fall in battle. Of course if you were able to buy them so could your enemies so how about an even in which your mercenaries get bribed and now are hostile.

N23

The slavemod from Game of thrones should do alot of your bidding.

SpaceDorf

First half is easy, you allready can ask other factions for help.

The controlling part is a bit harder, through the fact, that pawns are either yours or not.

To bridge this gap there should be a timed event, when the mercs switch back from being yours to being friendlies and leaving.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Albion

It won't be easy but I guess it's definitely doable.
Add a new entry to the comms console or even an entire faction, have the possibility to ask them for mercenaries and voila...
I guess it's possible to have them under player control but give them a timer until they leave again. However they will leave with whatever they have picked up including new weapons and clothes.
Won't be easy but definitely doable if someone wants to try their hand on it.

The bribing part might be somewhat more difficult though but doable too I guess. Basically a random chance whenever a raid starts or something like that.

SpaceDorf

Yup.

Damn I like this concept.
May have to do with my fondness of Space Mercenaries.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.