How long before next alpha is released?

Started by elminsterrr, October 03, 2017, 08:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elminsterrr

I like my colony.

What do you think - how much time I have before new alpha is released making my current save unplayable?

BlackSmokeDMax

If you follow the instructions here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29440.0 or here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1291817208489340678/ you won't need to worry about it.

You won't be able to select A17 as a beta release in Steam until A18 releases (or possibly very shortly before) but if you get your mods all saved in manual mode you won't have any problems with weird things happening. You definitely do not want to wait. I wouldn't be surprised if some mods update within minutes/hours of an A18 release.

That is all if you are using Steam, if you are using the DRM free version, just don't upgrade.

elminsterrr

Thank you for your answer. I will use your tutorial!  :D

ReZpawner

Just see what the mods say concerning when the update is coming. If they say that it's miles off, then you can bet your ass that it's going to arrive within 48 hours, if previous experiences are anything to go by.

That said, obviously it depends on how the internal testing is going, but if it's anything like the previous patches, then it tends to arrive 1-4 weeks after the internal testing has started (and by arriving, I mean public experimental testing on Steam. This usually lasts 2-3 weeks too)

Again, I must stress that these numbers are based on previous experiences, and is subject to change(Such as Tynan & the other devs starting to do copious amounts of Yayo in order to shorten the release time, or really really chillin' out with some joints, or even having their kidneys/lungs removed. All of these will certainly have an impact on how long it takes).

Bolgfred

Except for the fact, that the holy rule "It takes as long as it takes", cannot be broken, is there any official channel where the Ludeon party Crew writes informative stuff like when they expect the next version will not be happening or which pants they gonna wear on release day?
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.