What are the chances?

Started by BreadMan, September 23, 2017, 08:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BreadMan

So a muffalo went mad and attacked a tribal caravan that was in my area, it attacked one guy with level 0 shooting and a Great Bow (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1143083576). AND HE ONE SHOT THE FRICKING MUFFALO! All that the muffalo received was a cut in the head, a crack in the skull and it's brain destroyed (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1143085633), can someone please tell me the chances of this happening because I am amazed!

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Trylobyte

I once had the inverse happen, where a prisoner broke free, grabbed a weapon from my armory, and attacked a muffalo, only for the muffalo to one-shot him with a headbutt.  I imagine the odds are similar!

carbon

Last time I checked, the de-bug tools that you can turn on in the options menu has an option to list body part hit chances.

From what I remember, brains are around 0.1% to 1.0% chance to hit.
While hitting a muffalo with great bow at point blank range, while slightly injured is probably at least 10% to 30%.

Put those together and you get something around 1 in 1000 chance of it.

Given how common human v muffalo conflicts are across all games for all players, I have to imagine such occurrences are reasonably frequent.

Bolgfred

Beyond that, I don't belive in math.

Whenever the first shot of whatever kills whoever, it's a moment worth notice.

I remember a guy who lost 3 toes in a row from pistol shots. He did not wear pants and passed out.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

kubolek01

Hmm... Triple hit into same part group would be good! Just use the big caliber. And pray to RNGesus!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Daman453

You ever have a level 0 shooter with a sniper rifle hit and chop the leg off a pawn? No? Still salty with that one.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.