[A17] Animal Feeding - NutriKibble (v1.1.1 - 27 Sep 2017)

Started by TheWrongColonist, September 26, 2017, 02:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWrongColonist

v1.1.1

Description

This mod basically is a enhanced kibble that costs 50% more ingredients & work to make but it has triple the nutrition of kibble. Don't feed it to colonists they hate it.

You can also craft x4 Nutrikibble at a time(based on Feed the colonists mod), when crafting x4 the amount of work is 75% of what it would normally take to make 4.
Requires research.

For people that wanna have a farm but the animals keep eating kibble too fast.

Compatible with:

Animal Feed Trough Patch by: Empherasu

There shouldn't be any incompatibilities with other mods, just load this mod as low on the list as possible.
It is save game compatible, in case you wanna remove the mod try to remove all the nutrikibble from the map to avoid errors.

Changelog:

V1.1.1 [27/09/2017]
Added patch for Animal Feed Trough.

V1.1 [27/09/2017]
Added research.

Oops i think i made a mod for the wrong species...

Kori

I always wanted better kibble! :)

But could you please add a research requirement, so that regular kibble doesn't become meaningless? Maybe around 500-700 research points..

For my own game I've added Agriculture 3 from Vegetable Garden as a requirement for now.

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: Kori on September 27, 2017, 01:29:15 AM

But could you please add a research requirement, so that regular kibble doesn't become meaningless? Maybe around 500-700 research points..

For my own game I've added Agriculture 3 from Vegetable Garden as a requirement for now.

Updated to v1.1

Research added, i have set it to 750 research points as having a bigger amount of animals isn't that probable in the game beginning.

Empherasu

I've made a patch for your mod to work with BaconBits Animal Feed Trough.
Feel free to add it to your next release.
Also, I suggest changing the thingCategories to AnimalFeed instead of Foods.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kori

Quote from: TheWrongColonist on September 27, 2017, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: Kori on September 27, 2017, 01:29:15 AM

Updated to v1.1

Research added, i have set it to 750 research points as having a bigger amount of animals isn't that probable in the game beginning.

Good point, 750 sounds perfect!
Thank you! :)

TheWrongColonist

Kori

Harry_Dicks

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 29, 2018, 05:02:58 AM
Quote from: Kori on January 28, 2018, 11:37:01 PM
Any chances for an updated version for B18? :)

This might be perfect for what you are looking for https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35017.0

I have already tried this mod a while ago, does it include research projects yet to unlock the processing device?

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: Kori on January 28, 2018, 11:37:01 PM
Any chances for an updated version for B18? :)

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 29, 2018, 05:02:58 AM
This might be perfect for what you are looking for https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35017.0

The reason i haven't updated yet is i'm not really playing the game anymore as i can't have a bigger colony because the game only uses a single core and there was a mod with a bit more options already like he mentioned, but if you and/or more people really want an update i'll do it.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on January 29, 2018, 05:26:07 AM
does it include research projects yet to unlock the processing device?

I am not sure. But if that is a game breaker for you if it has research or not, then that is honestly one of the easiest things you can add into the mod yourself. If you can't figure it out after downloading Notepad++ and looking at the mod's Defs yourself, just post what you want added as a research and if the mod author won't help you, then I will. Adding in a research requirement for something take maybe 60 seconds ;)

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 29, 2018, 08:22:09 AM
Quote from: Kori on January 29, 2018, 05:26:07 AM
does it include research projects yet to unlock the processing device?

I am not sure. But if that is a game breaker for you if it has research or not, then that is honestly one of the easiest things you can add into the mod yourself. If you can't figure it out after downloading Notepad++ and looking at the mod's Defs yourself, just post what you want added as a research and if the mod author won't help you, then I will. Adding in a research requirement for something take maybe 60 seconds ;)

Okay, I will have a look! Thank you very much for your help! :)