[B18] Dozapods

Started by EmanOn, January 21, 2018, 03:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmanOn

Dozapods
[B18]

General

Dozapods is a mod that adds "Dozite" related objects to the game. Dozite is a anesthetic and sedative chemical found in the sap excreted by the dozapod plant's pods. Each pod only contains a small amount of sap, meaning that many are required for a meaningful amount of sap.

The raw sap can be extracted at either a crafting station or a drug lab, and can be smoked directly after being extracted. The sap produces a small effect, which increases with more doses. After the relevent research, it can also be refined into a more pure product, which can also be smoked for a much stronger effect. Both products are addictive, the refined form more so than the sap.

If unable to sustain the addiction, the withdrawal symptoms will include severe pain and loss of motor functions.

Dozite's effects can be used to ease colonists pain, or to ease colonists calm mental breaks.

Details

- Adds Dozapod Plants
    - Slow Growing
    - Low Fertility Sensitivity
    - Required Growing Skill: 2
    - Produces Dozapod Pods

- Add Dozite Chemical
   - Addictive
   - Can Overdose
   - Different Levels of "high"
     - Buzzing
     - Relaxed
     - high
     - Very High (Not Pictured, oops)
     - Extremely High
       - The "Extremely High" Severity Is meant to be Somewhat negative. Like Being "Too high", having a "Bad Trip", or "Freaking out".
     - Blackout

- Adds Dozapod Sap
   - Extracted from Dozapod pods
      - Both crafting station and Drug Lab
   - Contains Dozite Chemical. Sedative and Anesthetic
   - Usage results in small effect that increases per dose.

- Adds Research: Dozite Refining
   - Allows for the Refining of Dozapod Sap Into Dozathyl

- Adds Dozathyl (Name Change Pending)
   - A refined Product Created From Dozapod Sap
   - Gives a stronger Dozite effect Faster
   - More addictive than Dozapod Sap

Installation
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Other

This is my first public mod that isn't an aid for one of my tutorials, So I hope it's adequate. I tried to make something that would fit in with the game.

I had some free time for once, and have always enjoyed modding rimworld. I wanted to try to learn the drug system, so I started tinkering with things. I got a bit carried away, and ended up with what seemed like a nearly complete mod, so I figured I'd Finish it out and share it. I'm not a coder or anything, just a tinkerer, so let me know if you find mistakes or have critiques. I can't promise I can keep up on updates, but I'll check here if I can.

On the note of me likely not being able to keep up on updates....

Usage

Feel free to use this mod however you please. Others can update it, modify it, merge it, put it in modpacks, whatever.

It's just an Xml Mod, so everything except the art files is in the Mod Download. I've included the Art File as well, as a separate download (Adobe Illustrator .ai file). I don't know why anyone would need it, but it's there just in case.

Downloads

[B18] Download mod
[Extra] Download Art Assets (Not required,Optional Resource for future updaters)

RyanRim

Something inspired from Smokeleaf Ind. again, but surely nice. More drugs never do harm.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

EmanOn

Though I wouldn't know how to prove it, the mod isn't based on or inspired by Smokeleaf Industry. (Though that seems like a nice mod)

This was, if anything, inspired by my need to have a painkilling drug that could ease the woes of some of my colonists that had permanent injuries. It started as an Opium and Heroin Mod, but I switched it to something more "rimworld-y". I chose Dozapod so I could have the Funny "Dozapod Pods" like the game's "Smokeleaf Leaves".

Thanks for the compliment though.

Crow_T

cool mod, I like the plant graphic :) I imagine this to be more of a post surgery kind of drug than recreational?

I also like the fact that this in only XML, it's a great teaching tool mod. I keep thinking someday I'll do a coffee type drug but haven't had the coding bug bite me in a while.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

EmanOn

Quote from: Crow_T on January 21, 2018, 09:14:36 AM
cool mod, I like the plant graphic :)

Thanks. I appreciate it.

I imagine this to be more of a post surgery kind of drug than recreational?

Pretty much, it's more of a utility. The Sap is Set to recreational, and the refined to hard. It Pretty much kills pain at the cost of speed and ability. It scales like Beer does, so you can use it either way. There is a bit of joy added with usage.

I also like the fact that this in only XML, it's a great teaching tool mod. I keep thinking someday I'll do a coffee type drug but haven't had the coding bug bite me in a while.

I encourage it. It's a lot of fun. Good luck and thanks again.

Harry_Dicks

First of all, big congrats on the mood release. I love how professional everything you've done looks, even the preview image. This is really the only drug mood I feel like I need. I just wanted a pain drug, for chronic condition pawns, like OP mentions. But I don't want something crazy over powered, or 20 new drugs.

Thanks a lot for this, maybe you will continue to put out great quality, professional, UNIQUE work like this. I'm not trying to knock anyone else's mods, but I think it's silly when you have redundant anything in this game. Yes, give us some variety, but among that variety, every single thing should fill a specific niche, in my opinion, like this mod will do for me perfectly.

EmanOn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 10:59:34 AM
First of all, big congrats on the mood release. I love how professional everything you've done looks, even the preview image. ... Thanks a lot for this ...
Haha, Thank you. That's quite the compliment, I appreciate it.

Call me Arty

Okay, the mod alone is nice, but the fact that it actually looks like it fits in Rimworld is another. Great job on that, it really seems so deceptively simple to try and mimic the art, but so many people miss the mark! Definitely trying this out!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

How do you look at the art assets? It's over big .ai file that I don't know what to do with ::)

Crow_T

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 08:29:05 PM
How do you look at the art assets? It's over big .ai file that I don't know what to do with ::)

It is huge for an SVG, inkscape had some weird options when opening it so I wonder what is adding the bloat- something like this could be less than a hundred kB as a vector file. (FYI as cool as it looks from my end the working file was a bit uh, disorganized let's say :P no offense EmanOn, just some weird groupings happening, I do the same quite often when using a lot of layers). Inkscape or Illustrator will open it HD.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

EmanOn

Quote from: Call me Arty on January 21, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
Okay, the mod alone is nice, but the fact that it actually looks like it fits in Rimworld is another. Great job on that, it really seems so deceptively simple to try and mimic the art, but so many people miss the mark! Definitely trying this out!
Thank you. I also find the art style hard to match also, so I'm glad it looks good.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 08:29:05 PM
Adobe Illustrator Or inkscape, as Crow_T said, will be able to open it. I used Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 To create it. I don't use Inkscape, so I don't know how compatible the File will be.

Quote from: Crow_T on January 21, 2018, 09:20:54 PM

It is huge for an SVG, inkscape had some weird options when opening it so I wonder what is adding the bloat- something like this could be less than a hundred kB as a vector file. (FYI as cool as it looks from my end the working file was a bit uh, disorganized let's say :P no offense EmanOn, just some weird groupings happening, I do the same quite often when using a lot of layers). Inkscape or Illustrator will open it HD.

No offense Taken. :P Can't get angry over Facts. haha
I actually don't know how Similar a True SVG file and an AI file are. I would assume the file is so large because of a few factors:

There are many separate objects. (All Art assets Are in one file)
The Dozapod Pods Graphic Has many separate (Grouped) objects.
There are a few Style effects, like drop shadows, Being Trimmed via Layer masks.
The screen Shots Part are Several HD Raster Screen Shots with layer masks.

As far as my Layers go, I rarely ever use Layers when Using Illustrator. Instead, I use groups, which is very similar, but not quite the same. Sorry if it's too sloppy too though, I originally didn't intend on sharing it, then figured "why not", assuming no one would even download it. I can probably Fix it up some at some point, maybe separate all the assets and / or export actual SVG files if people want or need. Just let me know. I don't want to be handing out an Asset that nobody can use.

jpnm92

kallistitmp

Love it! Could you maybe upload this to steam workshop? I'd like to be able to put it into a collection of workshop mods.

Kori

Looks very good, will try this out!