[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Maybe it is modconflict, since you wrote it worked before.

Try to move Pick up and haul at the end of your modlist, and check if that fix your problem.

Pio

Wow, dejavu. Your mods breaks trading with caravans for some reason.

Mehni

@vandal: the bug report you posted is one I fixed for 1.0, but it won't be backported to B18.

Pick Up and Haul does not have settings. As for your compatibility issue, give me a HugsLib error report. CTRL+F12.

@Pio: I can't help without error logs. POST EM. CTRL + F12

Ser Kitteh

Did a few more quests:

1. Harvest yield: a true godsend. I sent three of my best growers to help, however what I was not expecting is being gifted a good chunk of the harvest. I think it might help if you add a message along the lines of "be sure to bring enough pack animals" because God knows I didn't. Got two of them in a row: for agave fruits and raw mushrooms. The latter is not as useful however considering I was running out of hay, it is. I think maybe adding the crop that is grown may be beneficial too.

2. Hunter's lodge: I like how close it is but sadly I did not see any actual friendlies on it. That's fine, but another issue is that of the wandering horde of animals. I like how this is the main mechanic even though I assume there were just a ton of animals there on the map in the first place. I think as a source of meat, it's not the most useful simply because even attacking these hordes makes the whole of it go manhunter which is bad news considering I only sent three people.

Perhaps it's better to reword to less of a "relaxing time for hunting" and more to "bring at least 10 pawns, half with spears and power armor and half with machine guns" because that's the only reasonable way I can think of taking them on in such a short timeframe.

Mehni

Thanks for the play story!

The bumper crop/harvest yield is a tricky event to balance out. It might need a very slight nudge downwards. Luckily there are about 4 or 5 variables it takes into account so plenty to tweak.

The herd at the hunter's lodge isn't guaranteed to go manhunter, but it is indeed an event with time pressure. I've seen players send 5 or 6 colonists and they made it out safely with a ton of meat. Results can vary wildly so I'm okay with the current Hunter's Lodge. Except that it can generate way too many stoves.

Ser Kitteh

For the record, I was nearly 6 years in, 15 people in the colony, and I got around 2500 agave and 2200 raw mushrooms respectively. Thankfully by being on the tile, I could technically sell back any excess crops I don't need.

Hmm, rather than one big hordes like that of B18, it sends a number of small hordes over a few days? That way I think it would be enough time to butcher and turn everything to pemmican.

Mehni

How many people did you send, and how good were they at harvesting? 2k is a lot, but it's not over the top considering the time investment.

I'll see what I can do about the Hunter's Lodge. I feel it's the weakest event in the mod right now.

Ruisuki

maybe add like special animals, like same ones but different species of them. I know theres a cool mod that changes the muffalo into a hairier beast with horns so maybe doing something like that where only one appears or making it so a chance for a special type of deer appears and if you kill it you get a 'hunted rare beast' mood. Or have other hunters appear and turn it into a competition. Whoever finishes turning in the required meat first gets a prize or rep with other factions for your hunting prowess. But to prevent people air dropping meat in from another colony, make it a special type of meat that only appears in that map idk.

Canute

I think the pawn's could get a similar mood buff (On hunting safari) just when they enter the event map.
No need to add additional animals.
I think that would work better since not every pawn on that map is on hunting.

LvlOneMage

This has likely been brought up in the previous 17 pages but I just wanted to mention this in case it wasn't:

I sent away a colonist to be married to another faction, got my relation reward, then a few days later he showed up as being a former colony member guarded by a couple of manhunting alpaca in need of rescue lol. Thought it odd that I could increase faction relation and get my pawn back so easily. Is this a weird interaction with 1.0 or within the mod itself?

Mehni

I couldn't make something like that up if I tried, and I've come up with some weird stuff.

It's a weird interaction with 1.0. Strange behaviour, but apparently within the rules of the game. I'll do some investigating to see under what circumstances that could happen and see if I can prevent it.

Ser Kitteh

https://i.imgur.com/q0yBZRH.jpg

3 of my bets growers. Level 14s and one level 15. It's understandable how much haul they got. What exactly dictates the harvest yield? A set number? Depends on growing skill?

Mehni

A base number multiplied by 3 or 4 numbers, things like harvest yield and grow skill.

Rebalanced for the next release. Less punishing on poor growers, less ridiculously OP for high-level growers. Increased base rewards, decreased strength of modifiers.

Pio

Mehni

The unstable release of PU&H uses 1.2, latest release of MFI uses either 1.1.0 or 1.1.1, can't recall exactly. It'll be updated to 1.2 when Brrainz updates officially.