[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EntityFramework

Greetings man

I had just tried the wildlife windows for the Knumbers tab and I noticed that the "manhunterOnDamagechance" stat column cannot be deleted( the column header is not clickable or hoverable).

I think the problem is in line 299 of Numbers.cs.. where I think you set apart a pawncolumn def for ManHunterOnDamageChance.. It doesn't go through the for each loop like the other pawncolumndef so it might not have its properties set correctly...
For example below that, you have predator and it was its property "sortable" forced to true. I'll see if only setting the same for the ManHunterOnDamageChance solves the problem

EDIT: SUCCESS, it now lets you interact with the column (it lets you sort it, even though the sorting doesn't work, I tested it when there were 2% and 0% animals and it doesn't sort it either way (ascending or descending), but at least you can now close it 

And Another thing is that I would like that in the wildlife window you could see the wilderness percentage of the animal so as to know the difficulty of taming it...

Anyway.. I might try to brush up my coding skill and do it myself right now :P.. (I'm not an expert on git, but I think I can commit a change, and you can see the code and accept or not the changes).. anyway...
Great mod!

matedavide

Hello Mehni

Attached the log file from the problem mentioned.
Hope you can figure something out... :-\

thx

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

matedavide,
does you still have a safegame when your caravan arrive at the harvest site ?
Then please post the logfile.
Maybe just use the hugslib feature, at the ingame log window (you need to enable developer mode at the option to open it with the top left icon) Share logs button and post the link you got.

The current logfile is just from the rimworld startup you didn't even load a safegame.
But it allready show 2 errors:
- SmartMedicine, you should check if you have download and installed the correct package. Looks like there is missing something.
If you get mods from Github allways look under the releases before you download the master branch. Sometimes the Master don't got the assemblies for the mod.

- ZiTools BetterMiniMap Addon
similar to above, you are missing the assemblies or maybe you don't use BetterMiniMap mod, then you don't need the addon mod.

Mehni

@Ink, you're the first to ask. Not particularly feasible I'm afraid.

@EntityFramework, sounds decent. Maybe I'll add a simple thing you can hover over and get a list, much like the Needs Tending column. There's no way all hediffs would fit in a column, so the popout should do.

@EntityFramework, pt2. I always appreciate pull requests!

@matedavide -- basically what Canute says. It's possible that those two mods break loading of More Faction Interaction.

@Canute -- thanks for the assist.

EntityFramework

Quote from: Mehni on November 26, 2018, 10:11:23 AM

@EntityFramework, sounds decent. Maybe I'll add a simple thing you can hover over and get a list, much like the Needs Tending column. There's no way all hediffs would fit in a column, so the popout should do.

@EntityFramework, pt2. I always appreciate pull requests!

pt1: Yeah, I thought the same about that a "big popup" would be the best approach.
Pt2: Yesterday, more for the sake of entertainment, went almost 8 hours straight non stop modding and doing some research of the core assembly files, defs, and Numbers source code,  trying to add such feature with minimal effort,
but just couldn't.. I need to check the defs documentation more like anything I think...

EntityFramework

Hey mehni, would you consider adding a Disease column for animals next release?

I'm making an animal hospital and that info alongside other columns would be useful!

Thanks... Keep up the good work

EDIT: Nvm, i Just saw your last update included hediffs, so I can see all of their health problems  hovering on the medical cross sign.. Thanks!!!

zwillhill

thanks for your MOD. I found a issue, would you fix it plz?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: zwillhill on December 10, 2018, 01:25:27 AM

That's not a problem with the mod. Change your key bindings.

zwillhill

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on December 10, 2018, 01:26:44 AM
Quote from: zwillhill on December 10, 2018, 01:25:27 AM

That's not a problem with the mod. Change your key bindings.
thank you very much! :D

Mehni

There aren't many keys left on the keyboard that aren't already taken by RimWorld. In fact, Z is the only regular key not taken. Pretty much every other mod that adds a hotkey will conflict. As the good Doc says, you can change them in Options => Keyboard bindings.

I recommend the ß or Æ key as an alternative. :P

vovik

Im writing about pirate faction spread..
Its illogical and does not fit into faction interaction, here is why:
1) where pirates take so many people to build outposts?
2) why this happens specifically around YOUR base
3) why allied factions dont spread?
4) there is quite a limiter on bases - mechanoids, so factions tend to occupy "safe" spots where they are less spotted - spreading and upgrading outposts defies this logic - they should be destroyed by mechanoids after some time, dont they?
5) ow, im not going hella lot away to bring down that distant outpost, nope!
6) this ends up in quite some part of map occupied by pirates, so you will have to wipe those tediously for quite some time, requiring lots of resources... really?
7) maybe there is a reason why there are not so many pirate bases initially?
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

1. + 3.
They kidnapp people from other outpost, use them for ransom,slaves or force them to join their faction.
So pirate increase while other decrease and allied don't got manpower to expand.
That's why they ask you to destroy pirate outposts.

Don't forget the worldmap isn't dynamic by default, this just give you more things to do.
You don't need to fear to get more raids if you don't destroy these pirates (i think).

vovik

All factions tend to capture slaves and do stuff...
Pirate faction just robs others and does not produce, also all factions estabilish outposts (you get tasks to destroy non-pirate faction outposts if you`re not frielndly with non-pirate faction)
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

NoCanDo

What's going on with Numbers? Since today I'm getting this https://pastebin.com/9tihjMj0 , it worked fine yesterday. I didn't update anything...

Mehni

@NoCanDo: Update your version of WorkTab.

@vovik: I'm kinda missing your point. There's an option to all-but disable pirate outposts spreading in the mod settings. Could it be better? Sure. Is it out of place for More Faction Interaction? Definitely not.