[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Blue9 on February 01, 2018, 07:15:21 AM
wooo, let's goo mehni!..... now a mehni-gun pls

I'm not going to tell Mehni what mods to make, but honestly, there are already so many hundreds (if not a thousand?) different guns you can get from all of the various mods. It would have to be something unique, or have some cool mechanic, in my opinion, to actually be worth the time put into it. Personally, I would love to see what other cool things Mehni will come up with, because he's already blown my pants off (I make sure to wear my Victoria's Secret underneath when I'm around him, because you never know...) with Climate Cycle++ and Pick Up and Haul. I would much rather see more cool stuff like that! ;)

Mehni

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 31, 2018, 06:41:10 PM
Mehni, could I ask if you plan on expanding Climate Cycle++ in anyways?

I mean I did update it a day ago :P I'm planning on adding an option to make raiders more resistant to extreme temperatures, so there's some more variation in raids apart from just mechs.

Quote from: Sleeeper on January 31, 2018, 09:59:41 PMLast update breaks simple sidearms mod: weapons disappear from inventory when switched. Also sidearms disappear when you click drop on ground from inventory screen (white arrow).

Older PickUpAndHaul-0.18.0.2 doesn't have that issue so I'll stick with it for now.

Could not reproduce this, despite various attempts by myself and another simple sidearms user. I added quite a few things to 0.18.1.2 which I hope will fix this issue, but that's about it.

Quote from: Canute on February 01, 2018, 03:52:19 AM
Mehni,
new issue with Minions  from Rim of Magic mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37161.345
Minion's refuse to work, but all other pawn's and animals work/haul like they should

Fixed, both on my end and on Torann's end. Thanks for the heads-up and the log.

Quote from: Blue9 on February 01, 2018, 07:15:21 AM
wooo, let's goo mehni!..... now a mehni-gun pls

The world always needs more dakka.

Mehni

Pick Up And Haul v0.18.1.2 is now released, both on Steam and GitHub.

- Fixed errors with hauling chunks and other heavy objects.
- Fixed the issue where colonists were trying to haul null ghost items.
- Hopefully fixed issues with worldpawns and the tweener.
- Added more error checking, making it more robust overall.

New:
- Colonists will now prioritise unloading if items in their inventory are about to rot.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mehni on February 01, 2018, 01:24:19 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 31, 2018, 06:41:10 PM
Mehni, could I ask if you plan on expanding Climate Cycle++ in anyways?

I mean I did update it a day ago :P I'm planning on adding an option to make raiders more resistant to extreme temperatures, so there's some more variation in raids apart from just mechs.

I meant more like Cold Desert Nights, any sort of other options, like maybe alter the day/night temperatures?

Also, incase anyone is interested, this is the post from the author of Cold Desert Nights made on January 6th.

Unfortunately, while I'd intended on updating over the past few weeks while I had some time off work, I ended up having other projects to take care of, and, since I'm not currently playing Rimworld, I can't really find the time to devote to updating right now.

The source code is freely available and licensed under the MIT license, so, if anybody wants to get things updated and produce a derivative mod, they are free to do so. Otherwise, I'm not sure when I'll get time and energy to update things myself.

Sorry. :(

Here's a list of the things you could do in it:

Each biome can be configured individually, by default, they will all be normal vanilla RimWorld settings, however, each can have:
- The temperature function changed between one of three settings: Vanilla, Flatter, Flattest; see the graph and Excel image for more information.
- The temperature difference between night and day set (in degrees Celsius)
- The temperature offset from normal (in degrees Celsius) in case you want to make a biome warmer or colder.
- The max seasonal shift (in degrees Celsius); this is mostly based on the distance from the equator (further north or south will produce higher variances in temperature based on this value as a maximum at one of the poles)
- For each type of weather:
- The weight of the weather being chosen
- If the weather can be chosen multiple times in a row
- If the weather can be chosen within the first week of gameplay (ie: thunderstorms)
- If multiple rainy weather types can be chosen in a row
- The minimum and maximum temperatures to use for determining which weather to use - want a freezing desert that still gets rain? Set the minimum temperature to 1C and you won't ever get snow.
- The increase/decrease in temperature caused by the Heat Wave and Cold Snap game conditions.

All settings can be configured while playing:
- Changes to temperatures will take place relatively quickly while unpaused (within the next 60 ticks in game when the temperature cache is refreshed). On the world map, temperature changes should appear in the 'Terrain' tab immediately after updating.
- Changes to weather will occur the next time the game tries to get a new weather (generally at least once per in-game day).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948483652

pinguin42

Been playing with 18.1.2 of Pick up and haul for a bit and keep getting red errors in the log. I wasn't sure whether it was the savegame or not (I mean, I've installed and reinstalled 3 versions of Pick up and haul on it now and changed the mod order around quite a bit) so I started a new game. Standard map, standard starting items, single pawn, set to priority 1 hauling and a stockpile some distance away from the starting items. It keeps giving me red errors (log here: https://gist.github.com/dfa606db08a5f14bcf84a78bf8d0e213), which cause my pawn to stand still for a second before moving on. They will also not unload their entire inventory, but instead unload one or two stacks (until their weight drops below threshold?) and then move out again. I suspect a mod conflict, but don't have the modding knowledge to figure it out further. So for the moment I'll deactivate pick up and haul ( :'(), but I'll keep following it with interest!

Canute

Quote from: Canute on February 01, 2018, 03:52:19 AM
Mehni,
new issue with Minions  from Rim of Magic mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37161.345
Minion's refuse to work, but all other pawn's and animals work/haul like they should

Fixed, both on my end and on Torann's end. Thanks for the heads-up and the log.

Sorry, didn't fix the issue.
After updating the mod (delete old and unzip new ) minions still don't work and giving errors.
Exception in SetupToils (pawn=TM_GreaterMinionR329523, job=HaulToCell (Job_710580) A=Thing_Human_Corpse317619 B=(156, 0, 192)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PickUpAndHaul.HarmonyPatches.JobDriver_HaulToCell_PostFix (Verse.AI.JobDriver_HaulToCell) <0x00022>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver_HaulToCell.MakeNewToils_Patch1 (object) <0x00030>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.SetupToils () <0x00037>
lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Haul, curJob.def=HaulToCell, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_HaulToCell
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:SetupToils()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
AbilityUser.PawnSummoned:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

TM_GreaterMinionR329523 started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. List: (HaulToCell (Job_710571) A=Thing_Human_Corpse317619 B=(156, 0, 192)) (Wait (Job_710572)) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_710573)) , (HaulToCell (Job_710574) A=Thing_Human_Corpse317619 B=(156, 0, 192)) (Wait (Job_710575)) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_710576)) , (HaulToCell (Job_710577) A=Thing_Human_Corpse317619 B=(156, 0, 192)) (Wait (Job_710578)) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_710579)) , and (HaulToCell (Job_710580) A=Thing_Human_Corpse317619 B=(156, 0, 192)) (Wait (Job_710581)) (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_710582))  lastJobGiver=null, curJob.def=WaitMaintainPosture, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_WaitMaintainPosture
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
AbilityUser.PawnSummoned:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/4f84619f68677c6b2beed4102e3095f4

Mehni

Quote from: pinguin42 on February 01, 2018, 03:15:38 PM
Been playing with 18.1.2 of Pick up and haul for a bit and keep getting red errors in the log.

Would you mind uploading your savefile somewhere?

@Canute

Dangit. I just realised that Torann doesn't inherit from BasePawn. I use xpath to patch the BasePawn and in an ideal world all mods use BasePawn.

We don't live in an ideal world, so I added a red error for when someone decides not to use the Basepawn. It's mostly harmless and shouldn't impede functionality. I was briefly in contact with Torann, but nothing came of it just yet. In his case he does some things that merit using his own abstract base, but it is a pain.

EDIT: That's on Steam only for now. I'll push to GitHub later tomorrow.

Sleeeper

Quote from: Sleeeper on January 31, 2018, 09:59:41 PMLast update breaks simple sidearms mod: weapons disappear from inventory when switched. Also sidearms disappear when you click drop on ground from inventory screen (white arrow).

Older PickUpAndHaul-0.18.0.2 doesn't have that issue so I'll stick with it for now.

Could not reproduce this, despite various attempts by myself and another simple sidearms user. I added quite a few things to 0.18.1.2 which I hope will fix this issue, but that's about it.
Same sidearm disappearing issue in 0.18.1.2, but I noticed that it does happen with custom races pawns (tested pawns from Lighter Than Fast mod) and not with vanilla human pawns.  Maybe new changes after 0.18.0.2 mess with Humanoid  Alien Framework or something...
To reproduce the issue spawn a non-human colonist, give him a gun and a melee sidearm, and try to switch to sidearm or drop it on ground.

Looks like it's related to your previous post about pawn not inheritting from BasePawn.
Got red errors about races from Lighter Than Fast mod and those have that sidearm vanishing issue.

Mehni

Thanks for the sleuthing! That saves me a lot of headaches.

I talked to the author of Lighter Than Fast and those pawns indeed didn't inherit from BasePawn. They'll fix it in a future update.

For now I handle it as gracefully as I can AND spam the log with warnings. I won't be changing the logspam because ultimately it is a misconfiguration on their part. I know there are a lot of mods out there that adhere to best practices, but a guy can dream.

Dear modders: Thou shalt inherit from BasePawn without including Thine Own. Whatever your ParentName is, if you change it to ParentName="BasePawn", we're good. This will also make compatibility with things like Combat Extended a lot easier, for you and other.

For what it's worth, this mod isn't inherently incompatible with Alien Races. I've got confirmation that both Orassans and Androids work just fine. The incompatibility lies with anything that uses it's own abstract base.

Canute

*reach Mehni a smokeleaf joint* keep dreaming ! :-)
New modder will allways do this mistakes. For testing they just run core with their mod and don't encounter this problems.
But solong this modder fix and learn from their mistakes anything is good even it can cause headaches to other sometimes.

Keep up the good work.

Torann

Sorry, I have not yet pushed the fix for minions to be compatible with pick up and haul - should be sometime this weekend.

Canute

Don't worry, until the update is ready, the minions need to work harder. :-)

Mehni

Another day, another update to Pick Up and Haul.

v0.18.1.3 not only prevents ghost unloading, it also fixes any current issues that may remain. It's overall more robust, doesn't error as much and when it does it handles errors better. Also fixes a NullReferenceException when attempting to haul to a full stockpile.

SzQ

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream