[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

So far Pick Up And Haul works great with CE!

PickUpAndHaul v0.18.1.6 welcomes you to RimWorld with pointless logspam.

:D

Ruisuki

My stockpiles dont seem to work anymore after using this mod. Everything I haul is added to inventory but then doesnt go to the appropriate dump or stockpile. For instance right now my pawn is going to drop everything he has onto the ground halfway across the map. Even taking items out of their appropriate stockpiles just to do this.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 24, 2018, 11:26:48 PM
Even taking items out of their appropriate stockpiles just to do this.

That's crazy! And there are no other stockpiles that have a higher priority that could have potentially been the final destination? As in, your pawns hauled something out of a final destination stockpile that they had absolutely no business at all even touching? Also, are you using Stack Merger or anything of that nature? Could there have been a possibility that they wanted to combine stacks, but this process somehow got interrupted?

Ruisuki

Yeah im using stack merger. ill try restarting and hopefully itll be good.

Should I move Haul higher in my order? Its at the bottom currently

Harry_Dicks

I have not the slightest clue in the world, but I hope that we've gotten the ball rolling in the right direction at least if this is something that would require Mehni's attention. ;)

Ruisuki

Seems to be stable now. Except...theres no way to take just one thing to stockpile? Its a pain to try to haul one thing and have my pawn carry(and pick up) multiple items across multiple stockpiles. Specially when it cuts into working hours. Maybe Im missing something.

Mehni

If you manually do it, you can do it twice. First order them to haul, then give the same order again. The first order would be to "haul to inventory", the second order gives them a regular hauling job.

I admit that the way that works is weird and unintuitive. I don't quite like it, so a better solution is on my ToDo list.

Harry_Dicks

Is there a check that ever gets ran if a pawn crosses over a stockpile zone, to see if they have anything in their inventory that could be dropped there?

Ruisuki

Thanks mehni that helps, althought I dont think it works with queuing. I have a pawn right now trying over and over to pick up a bunch of food (which i have no stockpiles for) so he keeps picking it up and dropping it in the middle of nowhere for no reason other than i think he has nothing to do so his only work is hauling right now. At this point just taking the material my cook needs from him.

Im assuming a way to bypass this is to make stockpiles so they leave the items alone, or stop their hauling work altogether. But I wish i could just right click them and tell them to chill. And tell them to unchill and get to picking up and hauling again once I decide I want to stockpile.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 25, 2018, 04:34:22 PM
Im assuming a way to bypass this is to make stockpiles so they leave the items alone, or stop their hauling work altogether.

Not completely what you are asking for, but with the mod RimWorld Search Agency, it comes with a slider that you can set stockpiles to not get refilled until they fall below X amount. A must have for me. This will prevent your haulers from always trying to say fill up your cook's stockpiles every time it is only missing one ingredient. Plus, a search box for stockpile lists, awesome!

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 25, 2018, 05:50:45 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 25, 2018, 04:34:22 PM
Im assuming a way to bypass this is to make stockpiles so they leave the items alone, or stop their hauling work altogether.

Not completely what you are asking for, but with the mod RimWorld Search Agency, it comes with a slider that you can set stockpiles to not get refilled until they fall below X amount. A must have for me. This will prevent your haulers from always trying to say fill up your cook's stockpiles every time it is only missing one ingredient. Plus, a search box for stockpile lists, awesome!
Yeah I got Killface's mod. Hauling Hysterics integration doesnt seem to be working though. Even if I set it to 5% or leave it at 100 haulers will still regularly fill it up entirely.

Harry_Dicks

I've had no such issues, mine has worked for me flawlessly ever since I have installed it. There's a chance we are using different versions and/or you could have another mod conflicting with it? Most of that is beyond me though, but I seriously couldn't live without this mod.

It prevents my haulers from getting "deadlocked" and getting stuck running back and forth refilling just a couple missing things for my crafters, cooks, fridges in the dining rooms, and any other little stockpiles in workshops or hospitals or wherever.

Canute

Ruisuki,
maybe just use the "share log" button and post the link.
So we can see what kind of mod's you are using. Maybe we notice something.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on February 26, 2018, 10:09:00 AM
Ruisuki,
maybe just use the "share log" button and post the link.
So we can see what kind of mod's you are using. Maybe we notice something.

I second this. Let's have a peak :)

Mehni

Just released v0.18.1.7 of Pick Up and Haul.

- Removal of hardcoded checks against Simple sidearms - now 100% compatible. Turns out I *can* fix bugs in other people's mods. All it takes is a pull request.

- Check for storage space before hauling additional items. Should increase compatibility with Extended Storage in particular. Feedback appreciated.

https://github.com/Mehni/PickUpAndHaul/releases/latest
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279012058