[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

At last with the Ape's from WP they still got problem to drop chunk's but i think thats based on the Ape's.
Couldn't test it yet with humans.

But i found a bug.
There is no weight check for queued pickup orders, just got a pawn with 105 steel in the inventory while he normaly just can carry 51.

Mehni

yes
yes

today is the day

I finally get to say it!

"That's a vanilla bug."

whooo~

Ospish

Can one hope to behold ModSync Ninja integration for PickupAndHaul sometime?

Mehni

New mod:

Dismiss traders with the click of a button. Simply get rid of loitering traders that have overstayed their welcome with the click of a button.

GitHub: https://github.com/Mehni/TraderDismissal/releases 
Ludeon: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35832.0 
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1322328003 

Harry_Dicks

My heads going to explode if we get one more kick ass mod this week! THANK YOU!!! ;D

Canute

Does you get any faction hit's when you kick the trader out ?
I would say a small hit would be ok.

And then maybe a request,
bribe the trader to come back soon.
Pay 100 silver and they will visit in the next 1-2 weeks again.

Mehni

I like the idea of taking a rep hit, that's something I'll implement. Thanks for the suggestion!

Harry_Dicks

Would it be too much work to make this into a mod option? It may be good from a roleplaying perspective, but I don't think I should be penalized for sending away an unasked for trader. However, on the RP side, this could be a weary traveler of said faction, and they wanted to rest at your colony for a day or two.

Maybe we could only be penalized for sending away traders that we have requested come to the colony?

Or, wait..

Would you ever consider us being able to send back visitors from Hospitality?

wwWraith

I too won't like to get a rep hit if it couldn't be disabled. They come for the profit, so the sooner they'll leave, the sooner they'll make new deal, the more food they'll save, and the less will be their chances to get into some trouble.

Regarding Hospitality's guests, they already can be send back by the button in the Guests tab. And in this case I'm totally agreed with the rep hit.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Sure from the view of profit you are right.
But from the view of a caravan member, a few day's rest on a colony special with a safe enviroment and maybe is a nice addition to the hard life with day longs walking through the world.
And when the colony through out just after you put down your sleeping bag and want to sleep for hours without guard-duties and maybe flirt with some male/female of the colonie, you are maybe a bit discouraged.

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2018, 02:17:31 PM
Sure from the view of profit you are right.
But from the view of a caravan member, a few day's rest on a colony special with a safe enviroment and maybe is a nice addition to the hard life with day longs walking through the world.
And when the colony through out just after you put down your sleeping bag and want to sleep for hours without guard-duties and maybe flirt with some male/female of the colonie, you are maybe a bit discouraged.

Yes, and I'd say these pros and cons will mostly neutralize each other, that's why I don't think any reputation changes are necessary. Of course as an optional setting it won't hurt... but it'll add a temptation to turn it off temporarily just when you'll want to send them out ;)

Hmm suddenly I've got another idea: is it possible to make some kind of recruiting neutral pawns available? It would be very useful for neutral relatives, capturing them seems weird if we want them to join. Of course it shouldn't be applied to the already recruitable guests if Hospitality is enabled.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Kori

Quote from: Mehni on February 10, 2018, 02:56:28 PM
Extended Storage can only consume a stack every so often. What I'll do is add a check for Extended Storage and if it's present, I'll increase the time it takes a pawn to drop stacks, so it roughly coincides with the stack consumption of ES.

Hey Mehni, Pick up and Haul works great with Extended Storage most of the time, I'd say 80%. Still my pawns occasionally don't put the second stack they carry into the ES container but try to bring it somewhere else instead.
Can you try to increase this delay for dropping stacks just a little bit, please? I'm sure this will solve it. :)

TryB4Buy

I found theses (how did I miss them?) when finally breaking down and doing another search for 'take to inventory' mods so that I wouldn't have stupid vanilla pawns walk 15 miles, to pick up one threadbare shirt and then walk 15miles back rather than just pile on the other nearby shirt the way he could have if he were part of a caravan. Hauling animals aren't micro-able and assembly line mods are even more inefficient when you have a large or wide open map.

THANK YOU.
THANK YOU.
THANK YOU.

Quote from: Mehni on March 06, 2018, 11:46:39 AMNew mod:
Dismiss traders with the click of a button. Simply get rid of loitering traders that have overstayed their welcome with the click of a button.
At first I thought (with the caravan spot mod), why would you want a trader to leave when they can be a meat shield for you? And then I remembered that one strange time I had a trader get 'stuck' inside my base after his buddies left/died. I had to wait many, many days of him walking in out of doors all the time (waking up colonists and letting out the heat) before he passed out from hunger because I didn't want to hurt him. Can you make it so we can click on individuals who aren't the leader to kick them out too?

Mehni

Glad you like it! With the help of AlexTD, there are a couple more interesting things on the way.

Quote from: TryB4Buy on March 16, 2018, 11:18:46 PM
At first I thought (with the caravan spot mod), why would you want a trader to leave when they can be a meat shield for you? And then I remembered that one strange time I had a trader get 'stuck' inside my base after his buddies left/died. I had to wait many, many days of him walking in out of doors all the time (waking up colonists and letting out the heat) before he passed out from hunger because I didn't want to hurt him. Can you make it so we can click on individuals who aren't the leader to kick them out too?

Meat shields are costly. I tried it the other day, and the friendly fire caused relations to drop by a hefty amount.

Friendly pawns will make their way off the map by themselves sooner or later, so making a mod do that would be replicating vanilla behaviour. It does give me an idea to dismiss friendlies though.

Speaking of trader dismissal: I made a small update today so that the mod now also works on visitors. It's less of a necessity, but the option was already present anyway.