[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

The ExtendedStorage error (if you have it installed) is because Pick Up and Haul is build against the Steam version of Extended Storage, which is currently on dll version 3.4.1.8646. The one in your log is ExtendedStorage(3.4.0.28081).

The other error you posted should be fixed in the latest version of More Faction Interaction. https://github.com/Mehni/MoreFactionInteraction/releases -- GitHub release was on the 22nd, again on the 30th. Let me know if that fixes it - in RW 1.0 I have to call HasMap before ShouldRemoveMapNow.  FTL is not involved in this, but it looks like it comes with an extra AlienRaces dll - that'll cause trouble for sure. I burden you with the task of notifying the author and rectifying the problem ;)

Yet another version of Pick Up and Haul will be up on GitHub shortly, which should solve yet more problems some people were having.

The next guy who claims Steam's policy of auto-updating mods is bad gets pointed towards this post.

Canute

The auto-update is a fine things.
If the author create a new entry for each Rimworld version.
But the auto-update drive player into madness when they still play with an older rimworld but the mod-author didn't create a new entry and just update his mod.

Not to speak about not to delete old not used files anymore, which cause many trouble the last rimworld releases even on plain vanilla.

Edit:
And Mehni, i want apoligize myself.
I need to look more for updates before i report something.

Ruisuki

Bounty Hunter Missions. Capture an important leader of enemy faction (or kill him for a lesser reward) The twist is if you capture him you can choose to sell him for more reward than you would if you turned him in to the quest giver. If you betray the quest giver you lose relations, if you dont you gain some.

Eliminate VIP missions. Someone wants to instigate faction wars amongst the people of the Rim. To that end theyve hired you to take out high ranking division leaders from each of the warlike groups. Kill a certain amount of a certain mob type (thrasher, Auxiliary, Elite Mercenary etc) within the time limit to trigger relation losses between two or more groups, opening up more freelance mission opportunities against them as they war between themselves.

Reverse Peace Talks Missions. Have a certain amount of captives of an enemy faction inside of your prison walls, forcing them to negotiate a temporary truce, returning a hostile group into neutral relations.

Shepard Missions. After a disease outbreak, a faction has lost much of its herd. Provide tamed animals. Only available to gentle non war like factions. Or maybe the request differs based on disposition. Warlike outlanders prefer aggressive animals like wargs, or wolves, big cats. Gentle ones may prefer cows or pigs. Tribes domesticated animals

Z4K-W4Y

Hey there, could you update the "Space Chunks" for the GitHub download? It's still on the B18 version. Thanks.

Mehni

Quote from: Z4K-W4Y on November 01, 2018, 03:22:12 PM
Hey there, could you update the "Space Chunks" for the GitHub download? It's still on the B18 version. Thanks.

https://github.com/Mehni/ShipChunks/releases/latest

Quote from: Ruisuki on November 01, 2018, 06:51:52 AM
//awesome ideas

Can't reply to all of these suggestions individually, but know that I've read them and feel inspired!

Quote from: Canute on November 01, 2018, 05:38:53 AM
//updates etc

Fair point. No worries <3

The issue with Extended Storage will remain an issue for the foreseeable future: since the new re-worked version of Pick Up and Haul directly references their dll, it will break each time they update the FileVersion info in their dll. This is also the reason the Pick Up and Haul sometimes did and sometimes didn't work with AllowTool, although that's now fixed for the future.

Canute

Don't worry much about the Extend storage.
Currently it work's perfect, but even before when a pawn couldn't dump his whole inventory into one storage, it work's well for the hauling itself.

moonra

The flee option in 4M reminded me of the idea I had the other day: berserker raids, melee only, never flees.
Could also be a cool mechanic for non-pirate raids, if you let your reputation with them fall below a certain threshold they might send berserker raids, they hate you so much they're willing to sacrifice themselves to see you dead. I don't see pirates doing it because raiding is their way of life, they're not attacking you because they hate you personally.

EPD

Hi there, Mehni could you update Orbital Transponder on github/dropbox?
Thank you in advance :)

Canute

About MoreFactionInteraction,
these event when a faction ask for some good and want you to pay so a caravan can be formed need a bit tweaking.
These trade caravan got too less money, i just paid 179 silver for a appareal caravan, and this got 404 silver.
Yes i know the caravan silver get increased with the colony wealth, but i think these caravan should have at last 5-10 times the silver you paid for the caravan.

Ruisuki

not sure if its from pick up and haul but whenever i try to refine chemfuel from organics my colonists drops the item, picks it up in a loop and never gets it done.

Canute

Canute

That's an old issue from Infinity storage.
I reported that a few times since B18 to Kiame, he fixed it for the cooking but never for the refinery.
It allways happen when you don't have enough of that kind, then the pawn push it through the map.

Ruisuki

Oh i see thank you. I think Ill just stick with extended storage for my next playthrough

matedavide

I have one issue with the mod (or might be my fault)...
When i get the mission from other faction to help with the harvest i cannot fulfill it.
I've picked 2 of my pawns with higher plant knowledge went to the site aaaand nothing...:(
What needs to be done?  Is there a limit, a secret button or something?

thanks in advance.