[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wreckcelsior

Mehni, mehni, mehni good mods, but for me the greatest of them all is "Pick up and Haul"!!!

What a treat to see the pawns behave intelligently and grab their limit and move it.

Thank you Mehni.

cheers.

agiber

Mehni, thank you for More Faction Interaction! It really makes global map a part of game.

EntityFramework

Great mod man, loving it .
I took the liberty of modding Numbers for a friend because he saw that he couldn't fit all skills columns into the main window at once (1 was left outside, hidden from the player's view). So I just reduced minWidthDesired from 120f to 110f in line 126 of KlistObject.cs so as to make them fit.

case ObjectType.Skill:
                    minWidthDesired = 110f;
                    break;

Regards

Ser Kitteh

On More Faction Interaction:

So my main goal for this one campaign was to launch the ship, but as time moved on, the raider bases in the east grew. Outpost after outpost, upgrading into full base until there were a dozen of them in a neat cluster of boreal forest and frozen swamp. By middle of the third year of my boreal forest run, I decided "my end goal is to literally wipe this cluster off the map."

And it took three years to do so. The last three bases were nearby, so I decided to raid them. When I finished one, funnily enough an outpost was placed RIGHT on top of my commando squad. While not game breaking, it was strange and gave me a good laugh. I wiped out the rest of the two and made my way home.

BUT WAIT, one outpost in this now barren Raiderstan just pop up when I nearly reached back my base. Now I did go back and finish it off, so the only other pirate bases in the area was like 15 days away in the north pole. Now I've more or less done with this mod, but in the event I let time pass, will these outposts prop up again in the area in the future?

It's also somewhat, well, unfulfilling, to finish off a base only for a raid to happen 2 days later. I realise this is a Rimworld problem and not exactly a More Factions problem, but is there a way perhaps to bump off the raid event if you do finish off a base?

vandal

is the clicking haul on the same item twice as a way to force them to just haul that one item and all that are littered on the ground into hauling inventory no longer viable?

Mehni

@matedavide Got a log? Works fine for me. Make sure you're on the latest version of MFI.

@wreckcelsior Glad you enjoy 'em!

@agiber Yay! That's great praise, much what I said out to do.

@EntityFramework I think you'll enjoy the latest reworked version of Numbers.

@Ser Kitteh valid criticism but it's, as you say, more of a RimWorld problem than a More Faction Interaction problem. That's a pretty big interference on core game mechanics. Maybe Safely Hidden Away is a mod for you? What I do have planned for the next release is a max limit or diminishing growth on pirate outposts. They do have a tendency to get way out of hand.

@vandal That was never a thing.

matedavide

Hello Mehni.

Yes i have the latest update for MFI (v108).
How can i send you the log file? I havent seen any issue there (in the log file). All the other "feature" working for MFI, but i cannot help with harvesting. I go there, but nothing. Cannot select interaction where the mission located. What should i saw there? Is there a button, or text box should be available?

thank you in advance.

Canute

matedavide,
if you got hugslib installed use the share logs button at the log window or you can press CTRL-F12.
Otherway read the link it explain where you can find the logfile (since i don't know what OS you use)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
and attach the file to your answer (you need to press reply, the quickreply don't got that feature).

Mehni

There should be a button available, similar to the "fulfill trade request" button, only with a pic of plants.

I'd prefer a HugsLib log since it tells me what other mods you've got loaded (and what patches they apply), but other than that please follow Canute's instructions.

Ser Kitteh

Btw Mehni, those unique traders that want to buy X material like clothes? You can't dismiss them after you sell your stuff. So it's a two mod issue in this case.

vandal

@mehni i was able to do it before. Right clicking haul on the same item twice stopped the haul to inventory and just hauled that single item in b18

Mehni

@Ser Kitteh, can't reproduce. Please follow Canute's instructions on how to report a bug.

@vandal, ah. Now I see what you mean. That functionality wasn't something I intentionally coded; just a happenstance with how vanilla works. If the underlying vanilla mechanic changed and you can't get it to occur again, that's a shame. Making that functionality intentional is still somewhere near the bottom of my to-do list, but at least now it moved up a spot.

Ink.

Hey Mehni, I'm sure this has been asked before but I've never seen the response. Is there any way to get a totals section of the Numbers tab per column. While it may be an issue for things such as equipment, simple numeric values such as kills would be easier and quite useful. Just for the sake of metrics and ease of use.

Can do it manually, but when you reach ~20 active combatants in double or triple digit kills, it's a bit time consuming and tedious to do.

vandal

@mehni thats good to hear. For now the way i get around my colonists going all over the map when i just want them to take the meals on the ground to the freezer right next to them is by making the doors forbidden so they only haul the items in the same room in case anyone else is reading this.

EntityFramework

Hey man, Loved the 2.0 major update!! it's superb.

[Numbers] Just to let you know, there's a duplicate of "Medical care" column display in both "Health" and "Misc" tabs. Btw, are you planning on adding a  column showing the "augmentations" that the colonist have (like prosthetic or bionic limbs).. Would be useful I think.

Regards