[1.0] The Many Mods Of Mehni [Updated "daily!"]

Started by Mehni, September 26, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dearmad

wreckcelsior

Hey Mehni...
I wanted to just mention a brief and minor conflict between your [1.0] "Numbers_2019_04_27" and "[1.0] Better Pawn Control"... 
There is a drop down in that mod that lets you quick-assign a zone for the animals, that disappears when your mod is loaded, either before or after that mod.
Because "Better Pawn Control" is such a great mod for getting my animals to safety, quickly, I unfortunately can't use your Numbers mod, which is a great one-look information mod.
Just thought you may want to know.

Thanks for all of your great works.

cheers.

Ruisuki

was pick up and haul the mod that allowed you to pick up items in your character inventory? i dont see the option when right clicking an item anymore. Not enough to see that the item is too heavy. Im using it in conjunction with while youre up and see that the newest update applies for 1.1

wwWraith

Try to use Jobs of Opportunity (While You're Up) instead of "just" While You Are Up. Looks like there is no compiled mod on his GitHub, so you may have to use https://steamworkshopdownloader.io or something similar to get it without using Steam.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Ruisuki

Quote from: wwWraith on May 04, 2020, 06:14:54 AM
Try to use Jobs of Opportunity (While You're Up) instead of "just" While You Are Up. Looks like there is no compiled mod on his GitHub, so you may have to use https://steamworkshopdownloader.io or something similar to get it without using Steam.
Yeah ive been using both mods this one and jobs of opp. So if i move this mod up to the top of the modlist i can right click chunks at least and see that its too heavy to put in my inventory. But if i leave it at the bottom i dont see that option. Moreover, now after deactivating common sense mod I can only right click consumables. Resources such as wood dont react anymore.

wwWraith

I had similar problems, and thought they disappeared after I recently switched to Jobs of Opportunity. However, later I realized it wasn't true. My suspicions about a couple of other mods also weren't fruitful, still can't track the cause and exact conditions. Sometimes I get PickUpAndHaul's right-click menu, sometimes no menu at all (even can't e.g. prioritize construction if some item is laying on the blueprint). Often it helps to make this menu to appear if I put stockpile or Home zone over "problematic" items, but not in 100% cases. It also appears if the pawn is drafted, so you can draft, pick item(s) and either manually send to stockpile and drop there or undraft and click in the inventory 3rd button near the item(s) to let the pawn unload automatically. Annoying, but at least better than nothing.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Ruisuki

Quote from: wwWraith on May 05, 2020, 09:09:03 PM
I had similar problems, and thought they disappeared after I recently switched to Jobs of Opportunity. However, later I realized it wasn't true. My suspicions about a couple of other mods also weren't fruitful, still can't track the cause and exact conditions. Sometimes I get PickUpAndHaul's right-click menu, sometimes no menu at all (even can't e.g. prioritize construction if some item is laying on the blueprint). Often it helps to make this menu to appear if I put stockpile or Home zone over "problematic" items, but not in 100% cases. It also appears if the pawn is drafted, so you can draft, pick item(s) and either manually send to stockpile and drop there or undraft and click in the inventory 3rd button near the item(s) to let the pawn unload automatically. Annoying, but at least better than nothing.
Yup i was getting the exact same no menu bug, except only for resources, consumables were still toggable...I just reloaded my modlist to an earlier save using fluffys mod manager, and moved pickupandhaul around and now magically it works....Worth noting I have two copies of pickupandhaul(not at the same time), the unofficial version(looks like it was deleted off workshop i think it was by someone keeping it up by the name of jelly?) and im using that atm instead of mehdi's github. So if youre still having trouble maybe give that a shot and just keep moving the order around, like I said im dumbfounded since im sure i had previously moved it to the exact same spot it is now. Lets see if this stays the same after i move set up camp around again since that currently isnt working

wwWraith

I tried to remove Pick Up And Haul at all, but the problem still existed, so I suppose it was not caused by this mod. Then, I remembered another mod I liked to use, Please Haul Perishables, and removed it (I was using 1.0 version, so probably it wasn't working properly anyway). The problem disappeared! Then I quickly searched and found 1.1 update: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073818889, installed it (with Pick Up And Haul returned, too). Seemingly works fine (at least for now).

laffin

Seeing this error on start up and wondering how to fix if anyone has advice? Seems to be connected to the pick up and haul mod

Could not find a type named ThoughtWorker_NeedAuthority
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ParseHelper:ParseType(String)
Verse.ParseHelper:FromString(String)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Canute

QuoteVerse.DirectXmlToObject
I think Rimworld got problems to read some files.
Try to delete the mod and reinstall it, be sure you have the latest version i you don't use workshop.
I use pickup&haul to with 1.1.2647 and don't have problems.

laffin

Quote from: Canute on May 31, 2020, 01:12:09 PM
QuoteVerse.DirectXmlToObject
I think Rimworld got problems to read some files.
Try to delete the mod and reinstall it, be sure you have the latest version i you don't use workshop.
I use pickup&haul to with 1.1.2647 and don't have problems.

Thanks for the advice. I use the GOG version and it took a reinstall of the game to get things working fine again. Not a problem with mods after all. :)

Handsome_Vulpine

The Pick Up And Haul Mod is an absolute godsend. Pawns just picking up, like, one thing at a time when they could potentially carry so much more is just SO inefficient and tedious to deal with. I WISH this was implimented in vanilla. I don't see why it can't, the code is right here, already written, in this mod.
I was just wondering if P.U.A.H is gonna be updated to 1.2 anytime soon?
I noticed in the first post Mehni hasn't updated any of their mods to 1.2 yet, what's going on?

Canute

Mehni retiered from Rimworld modding completly, but the 1.1 version works at 1.2

Handsome_Vulpine

It does? How does one get around the "This has not been updated to 1.2" problem?