[Mod Request] Additional Faction Interactions

Started by GrimTrigger, September 27, 2017, 03:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

Reading another mod request inspired this idea.  Someone else requested a Mercenary / for hire type scenario and it made me think that while this is an interesting idea, you have no real way of knowing if there is an impending attack.   So maybe an additional event that warns of an impending attack, or maybe receiving a message on the comms console from a hostile (sufficiently advanced) faction making demands (much like the random events when your caravans are ambushed).  Maybe tribal factions send a messenger to make demands and you can 'negotiate' a compromise depending on the mood this emissary is in.  If they leave the map healthy it imparts some goodwill with the hostile faction reducing the likelihood of future threats / attacks.

The idea is for you to have an idea that an attack is on its way, giving you a little time to prepare or prevent.  Otherwise, the 'request assistance' mechanic in place is kind of pointless.  I'm not suggesting that the raid events be removed entirely either.

Additional features / scenarios would include neutral factions offering information of an incoming attack at a cost.  Friendly factions warning you altogether, "allied" or extremely friendly factions may warn and send support.

Advanced knowledge of an attack could also add an enemy caravan on the map making its way to you.  This could afford you the opportunity to intercept on the world map instead of waiting for the attack to come to you.

I see potential for these types of game mechanics to expand and flesh out the world, making it feel a bit more 'alive'.  Maybe you would see faction A sending a caravan to attack Faction B on the map. 

I have no idea, from a coding perspective, if this is something that could be added.  I imagine it would not be an easy task though.

DaemonDeathAngel

And say you wanted to raise relations, you could visit the faction and help them defend, thatd be cool