Solar Flare immediate recovery?

Started by Nameless, September 14, 2017, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Would it be possible to have a mod that cause all electrical devices to immediately recover from solar flare instead of what it seems to be one by one?

Right now my entire base takes close to 9 hours to recover all the things which is insane.

Canute

9 hours are very long, does you got that big map or maybe some mod cause that. I think my devices are working shortly after the solar flare goes off.
Did you ever try the Solar flare shielding ?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0

When your devices don't goes off, they don't need to recover. But the shield need much power.

Nameless

I shall try that.

I have a many many electrical devices and a lot of them are lamps in my base (Wouldn't be surprise if i have over 1000 of them) and when it hits it does take a very very long time for each of them to return.

i don't think my base is considered gigantic and its on a standard size map.

Last night I played and encountered a solar flare and when it ended at 18h it took until middle of 2h for everything to light up again.

Bozobub

Good Lord, that's simply too many lamps =x.
Thanks, belgord!

Albion

I'm kind of interested to see a screenshot of that colony  ;D

And yeah the main problem is probably the large amount of electric devices because they turn on one by one and not all at once. Not sure but I guess it's hardcoded in c# so not that easy to fix.
On the other hand it probably also takes a while for all your devices to shut off when the solar flare hits.

Nameless

I think i still have the save for that colony. It was with the mod that adds floor lamps so i went and lit up my entire base with those.

But yeah....a lot of lamps...