[1.2] PsiTech (09.06.20) - Harness psychic phenomenon!

Started by K, April 30, 2020, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

That's ok while they don't start an own raid.

But that's because they are an own faction with settlements.
Whats about if you made them as hidden faction without settlement. .... (no idea).

Or do you know Rim of Madness-Cult ? when your colony develop an cult and a faction which is normaly neutral/friendly turn into hostile once it discover it.
Maybe you adapt it, so the psi-faction is neutral and visit you. And once they notice a pawn with an acsendent ability on their visits, it turns hostile after they left.

K

It doesn't seem like there's any way (besides very invasive Harmony patching) for me to control when the faction gets spawned more than it already is.

I think that from a "lore" perspective the current situation is fine, as the cabal is an organization out in the world and they are active in some ways. The idea is that before researching psionics, you're like an ant to them, and they'll crush you because they can, but once you have, you're an active threat that needs to be quelled. From this perspective, I think it's alright for them to show up from time to time in other, non-direct capacities.

Of course, from a balance perspective they're still brutally hard which is why they don't spawn early, and anything that spawns them early has the capacity to totally destroy the player.

Ruisuki

Quote from: K on May 23, 2020, 04:18:23 PM
They're always hostile, but they won't attack you unless you research into psionics. They'll ignore you until they perceive you as a threat. This does mean you can preemptively attack them before researching psionics if you wish.

Ultimately, they're basically a cult and they'll never be friends with anyone.
ah i was attacked after they demanded protection money, so thats probably a mod. I noticed none of the 10 attackers used any sort of psychic powers either

K

Some of their lower tier pawns don't have psionics. If you prompted them to attack early on, they probably just sent those low tier pawns instead of actual psions.

Malacai

The protection money demand is from the Settlers faction mod from vanilla expanded series.