[1.1] Locks

Started by Avius, October 03, 2017, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avius

Quote from: graf22 on January 22, 2019, 08:52:31 PM
Doors can be unlocked to allow enemies and prisoners to pass by (only races that have inteligence "humanlike" or above)

Not working for me, my prisoners are just sitting in their cells with the doors unlocked, tried forcing them open as well, nothing. I'm using Star wars mods.
Do you have any errors in logs? Do you use normal doors? Did you tried to load only Locks mod and check if thats working for you?
Sometimes I really want to help you but can't. Please provide as much info as you can.

Also if you don't have Prison Labor mod prisoners don't leave prison cells since RimWorld 1.0, ask Tynan why.

minakurafto

gate from doors expanded is buggy. it doesnt have pet door and other problem is if you hold door open after some time or after load game, animal pathfinder will standing still unless the gate is toggled off then the pathfinder will return normal, also prisoner with prison labor mod will keep trying to do job outside gate so they will stuck in front of gate, it act as if it doesnt recognize that gate is closed for them but they still that they cant open the door ,hence stuck forever.

Canute

Yep, that's is a known old problem.
But why don't you report that to the Door's expanded mod/discord ?

Lupin III

My pawns seem to be ignoring the lock. I have doors (vanilla, no door mod installed) set to locked, but pawns still move through them.

Avius

"Locked" state is actually normal state => every pawn have key to door.
If you want to restrict to a certain pawns assign it from menu.
If you want to forbid pawns from using them use Forbid option

Lupin III

Ah, ok, thank you. That wasn't really clear when looking at the options for the doors.

publicuser

It seems your mod block guests visit base and leave directly

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11444.2250 (page 151-152)

Avius

Quote from: publicuser on March 03, 2019, 09:24:07 PM

By default it doesn't. So make sure hospital beds are inside available area for visitors.

Canute

Avius, Orion mention a different thing
Quote from: Orion on March 03, 2019, 12:47:31 PM
Read carefully: It does not matter if the doors are locked or not. With the door mod all doors appear locked to visitors and they will leave.

publicuser

Quote from: Avius on March 04, 2019, 11:21:34 AM
Quote from: publicuser on March 03, 2019, 09:24:07 PM

By default it doesn't. So make sure hospital beds are inside available area for visitors.

Read page 152, I did 2 quick test about the bug

Avius

Will look at that later. Thanks for report

LiteEmUp

does this mod also prevents pawns from "passing" through forbidden doors when a colonist is on a mental state?? im currently having this issue in my young colony on mental state pawns being able to access forbidden doors

Avius

Quote from: LiteEmUp on March 21, 2019, 03:42:45 AM
does this mod also prevents pawns from "passing" through forbidden doors when a colonist is on a mental state?? im currently having this issue in my young colony on mental state pawns being able to access forbidden doors
Yes but doors need to be flicked first. Colonists respect unflicked state but not in mental state. It was latest addition to Locks mod.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Avius on March 21, 2019, 03:55:15 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on March 21, 2019, 03:42:45 AM
Yes but doors need to be flicked first. Colonists respect unflicked state but not in mental state. It was latest addition to Locks mod.

i assume  so far no compatibility issues based from the info on the first page... also, where would this going to be in load order??

Canute

LiteEmUp,
basicly the load order doesn't matter (when all mods are proper modded).
Except you use another mod that maybe change door behavior, then you need to try it out.