[MOD] (Alpha 4F) Project K9 (v1.4 June, 18 2014)

Started by pidggit, May 14, 2014, 01:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody605

This was great and I loved having my dog haul things while I had my colonists do more productive work. But since my shep started to always be on attack mode trying to kill an already dead mutt or my farmer, it died of hunger before I could see how it fared against raiders. As soon as the attack and invulnerable dead body bugs are fixed I would love to use the mod again.

MrDecay

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Evmeister

I know several mods need new games and I believe this one does as well. I enabled it and loaded up a save and I've noticed they sit down at the bottom of the map, and actually when you they come into camera view, the entire hud goes away as well as any control such as orders, clicking on things, and so on. You can still scroll back up and regain control. Something I just noticed and felt worth mentioning. I actually managed to click on one of the dogs, and it actually resulted in total loss of control and I had to end process it.

DaveG

Quote from: Evmeister on May 15, 2014, 12:30:31 AM
I know several mods need new games and I believe this one does as well. I enabled it and loaded up a save and I've noticed they sit down at the bottom of the map, and actually when you they come into camera view, the entire hud goes away as well as any control such as orders, clicking on things, and so on. You can still scroll back up and regain control. Something I just noticed and felt worth mentioning. I actually managed to click on one of the dogs, and it actually resulted in total loss of control and I had to end process it.

This happened to me also, also had the effect of making wandering colonist ( from other camps ) steal food and beds and when you click on them for any reason ( capture or even just to check name etc ) the hud dies and you must end process.

StormProxy

WolfgangPolska

Well, Taming designation won't show up in orders menu :C
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

pidggit

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on May 16, 2014, 05:49:34 AM
Well, Taming designation won't show up in orders menu :C

That's because its not in the orders menu. That list is hardcoded, so I had to put the taking command on the dogs themselves. You have to select any number of dogs and the taming button will be there.

JinxWolf

Quote from: pidggit on May 14, 2014, 03:26:34 PM
Quote from: JinxWolf on May 14, 2014, 02:08:03 PM
In general, this mod is excellent. Using this mod, i've grown fond of my pups. With that in mind, here's some things I myself would not mind to see fixed, removed or added in addition of this mod. As of now, I will attempt my best to issue some constructive criticism, expose some well-known bugs and give some suggestions.

Thanks for this write up! I've basically only been testing this by myself, so it's great to have some other eyes on it now.

To address some of the points:

• I would like to re-do the way the Dog's psychology is set up. Currently, it's just inheriting the Colonist's psychology. Hence why they don't like eating Human meat, or raw food or sleeping outside, etc. I plan on eventually overhauling that part to have a Dog Psychology instead (it might be impossible in Alpha 3, I still have to look at how the Psychology is created)
  • I would also like to make dog management more like colonist management. Right now they're completely autonomous, but I do plan on creating some sort of user interaction to determine which dogs do what jobs, and making them have to be trained to do jobs, etc.

You're very welcome.
If you ever need someone to test for bugs
I'll gladly help do so at any point.

auda

hi!
First, this mod is very nice! Bravo!
But i have some problems with it and maybe other mods. i have this error log and i can't reload the savegame... and if i don't take the KK9 mod no more error.

of course i have many mods like industrial, vanilla+ and other....

Somes ideas?
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

DaveG

any hope for a fix for the game crashing bugs listed above in previous posts?

pidggit

Sorry folks. I've been pretty busy this week and haven't had a lot of time to work on fixing this.

I've currently got a fix for the save game issues. It has to do with the fact that the game saves each Pawn's Faction Name, not the Faction Def. So I just had to change the name of the faction the tame dogs belong to. This, unfortunately will be incompatible with previous K9 saves, but c'ais le vie.

I'm working on fixing the Invulnerable Corpse bug, and the dogs standing around doing nothing before I release another version. I expect to have these fixed sometime this weekend.

Austupaio

Quote from: pidggit on May 17, 2014, 11:28:43 PM
Sorry folks. I've been pretty busy this week and haven't had a lot of time to work on fixing this.
Don't fret it, it's an ambitious project. You're breaking new ground while many of us are just expanding what's already there. :)

pidggit

Changelog:

Stability release! I've corrected several of the issues people have been reporting in this thread. The saved game issues should be resolved, along with dogs picking fights with each other and colonists.

After trying to override the Pawn's Psychology with my own and failing, I've "fixed" the issue by just creating some opposing thoughts to counter-act the effect of the Human thoughts. So when a tame dog eats some human meat, it'll be unhappy about participating in Cannibalism, but then it'll be equally happy about the fact that human meat is rather yummy. Dogs will be happier eating meat straight from a corpse. My setup was just to have a pile of human corpses in my kennel area and whenever my dogs woke up from sleeping, they'd typically eat from there before beginning their work day.

I went through a 50-day playthrough with this version and found very few issues (I had a pet dog kill and eat one of my prisoners once, but couldn't reproduce the issue). There may also be some oddities around the Pet Beds. Specifically a colonist may try to take ownership of the bed if the previous dog owner is killed.

I've also seen that sometimes when loading a save game, some pawns will be "Frozen" trying to do a job, and an error appears in the log periodically saying it had to unfreeze them. The only way I've found to break them from this is to use the Developer Mode and Force Interrupt Job to make them go back to normal. I'm currently looking into this issue. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the Save Game XML doesn't have the Assembly name in the Class attribute of the Current Job. For example:

<curJobDriver Class="ProjectK9.AI.JobDriver_KillUnreserved">
Where I suspect it should be:
<curJobDriver Class="ProjectK9.AI.JobDriver_KillUnreserved, ProjectK9">

SpiritedCanine

Maybe make wolves tame-able, but they need much more time to be tamed and much more food during the day, as well as being a bit more unpredictable and may view Mutts (not the Dogs) as "prey" since they are smaller. Naturally they'd be stronger and faster than the others.
Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

Kumai0214

Detected something iffy about the dogs that you tame. When you have a prisoner, your colony pet will immediately attack them and instantly turn them into "Human meat". I'm not too heart broken since it was only one prisoner but perhaps this should be looked into? Heh..