[MOD] (Alpha 4F) Project K9 (v1.4 June, 18 2014)

Started by pidggit, May 14, 2014, 01:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demo

This mod looks great, can't wait until you update for Alpha 4

pidggit

I've been updating this to work with Alpha 4. I'm currently having an issue trying to get the Dogs to melee attack things.

I've posted on the help forums with the issue, but no one has responded yet and I haven't had time to dig deeper into the issue.

Tuvka

okay, we will wait with hope :) We believe in you :)

zinkotl

jefftan

can't wait to see A4 version coming out! It is just aworesome!

jefftan

Check out everyday to see if the new version has come yet :P

pidggit

Changelog 1.4:

Alpha 4 Update!

Sorry about the delay updating this, folks. I've been swamped at work and haven't had any spare time to update this.

This update really just makes it work with Alpha 4.

One extra feature was due to the existing Sleep JobDriver being changed in Alpha 4 so that it assumes that any Pawn that is sleeping has a psychology created. The dogs don't have a psychology (thoughts) until they're actually tamed, so I had to create my own Sleep Job Driver. Since I had to create my own Sleep Job Driver, I removed the "Slept Outside" and "Slept on the Floor" thoughts that the dogs would pick up. They don't really care where they sleep anymore, but they'll heal much faster in a bed.

They also will heal faster in general, so you shouldn't end up having a map full of dogs at 60% health because they're constantly hunting and sleeping trying to heal.

Enjoy!

jefftan

SpiritedCanine

WTF! A pack of wild dogs (5 Sheps) came out of nowhere and mauled poor, poor Beatrice to death on her front yard and ate her in front of passersby, and ran off. It was pretty funny at first in a messed up sorta way, but now, I'm kinda afraid to use this mod, there's no notification of such an event so it's impossible to prepare for it. But, you should set this as a raid notification and function with it's own points. The note would say something like: "A pack of feral dogs are headed in your direction!" or "A pack of starved wolves are coming your way!" This would be a cool and challenging twist to this mod. If you do decide to do this, should make it a separate download. Your doing great!
Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

Ryehat

First, I am loving this mod!  The tamed dogs are working in the way I hoped the Droids/MAI/Mechanoids would work from several other mods and it is fantastic.  Say, just for general badassery, you wanted to have a colony full of tamed wolves.  How would I go about changing the wolf defs in order to make them tamable?  I've looked through the mod def files and can't seem to find anything different between the wolf defs and the shep/mutt defs.  I know this isn't something you'd necessarily want to add to your actual mod, but I'd like to make the tweak in my own personal game just for fun.  What am I not seeing?

Ryehat

Nevermind, I figured it out.  I had removed the "pawn" line of code from wolves previously, seeing as it's the only line that's different from the other two dogs, but a wolf that was already on my map previously was still untamable.  About ten minutes ago, two new wolves spawned on my map and they are both totally tamable.  Army of wolves, here I come!  My next step will be to add a larger, more powerful version of the wolf into my copy of your mod so I can break the game with my own kennel full of Wargs!

vagineer1

I would love to see this put into the main game of Rimworld.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Ryehat

Here's my Warg-ish cheap and fast re-coloring of the wolf texture if anybody is interested or just wants a different wolf species in their game.  At first I gave it a big spikey mane and visible canines but it just didn't look right so I stuck with just the recolor and sized it up a bit.  Obviously the original design is the property of pidggit and I'm not claiming any ownership blah blah blah copyright law.

*Edit* I realized the edges were a mess so I'm cleaning them up a little bit.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Markus

Not sure if I messed anything up, but, anytime I selected an entity added by this mod, my entire UI would bug out and make it nearly impossible for me to select anything.  The first time this happened, it seemed as though the mouse display was simply translated.  The second time, I was completely unable to select anything.  At this point, I decided it was more trouble than it was worth and uninstalled the mod.

As far as I can tell, no errors were thrown (at least, the debug console didn't show anything).  It's entirely possible that this was the result of something unrelated to the mod itself (e.g. corrupted files in my DL), but I figured I'd drop this in here on the off chance someone else has had a similar problem.

pidggit

Quote from: Markus on June 21, 2014, 09:22:46 PM
anytime I selected an entity added by this mod, my entire UI would bug out and make it nearly impossible for me to select anything. 

This would be caused by an exception trying to render the "Command" UI tab, I.e. the Tame button.

What other mods are you running? And if you're up to it, if you can run it again and when it happens, the error should be in the log file kept in games data folder.