Crafting optimizations

Started by Jovus, October 20, 2017, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovus

Based on the excellent A17 Apparel Data Sheet I put together a small spreadsheet of my own with three new columns, attached below the fold because I can't be arsed to format it as a BBCode table.

The three new columns are: Value/Stuff, Value/Work, and Work/Stuff. Why are these useful?

If you have limited resources and you want:
- to train crafters: maximize the amount of work/stuff. (tl;dr make dusters, and then bowler hats)
- to make money: maximize the amount of value/stuff. (tl;dr make dusters, and then bowler hats)

If you have abundant resources, and you want:
- to make money: maximize the amount of value/work. (tl;dr make tuques. Funnily, dusters are worst here)
- to get rid of those resources quickly while not 'wasting' them but just selling them unworked: minimize the amount of value/stuff. (tl;dr funnily enough, keep making tuques)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Albion

What you have to keep in mind is storage. You actually have to keep all the products somewhere until the next trader shows up. I therefore usually produce dusters since they have one of the best value/space ratios.

Also keep in mind that there are other things to craft like swords and especially bows. I use long bows to level my crafters in forest biomes since wood is an abundant resource there and they have a good ratio of value and work to wood.

Jovus

Absolutely. This isn't intended to be some be-all and end-all of crafting advice; it's just another arrow in your quiver for decision-making.