[Mod request] add a simple hauling skill.

Started by DiamondBorne, October 07, 2017, 07:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommiethegun

I like the hauling skill idea. A level 0 skill could mean carrying 20% less than normal, and a level 20 skill could mean carrying 20% more than normal. So each level would add 2% carrying capacity. XP gain whenever a hauling job completes.

From the discussion above, it seems that would be very straightforward to build as a mod, right?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DiamondBorne on October 09, 2017, 03:23:40 AM
So, to put it bluntly, Hauling skill mod can be done but you people says it's not possible/will not do it because of your bias.

I suggest you read your own thread again.
At least I did not mean it that way.

My Oppinion in short :

Yes, it is very easy to inlcude an additional skill called Hauling.

Yes, there are some ways to even increase XP for this skill, sadly those ways make no sense for me in why the should give XP to Hauling ( logic reason, not technical )

No, I have no Idea if it is possible to increase a Pawns Body Stats through a skill.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DiamondBorne

Yeah and i suggest you read your own response again too, as it was riddled with sarcasm. Atleast that's what you always does, as seen in other thread. But i'm being polite as to not directed that message at just you.

And i do not wish to discuss this any further because nothing new will be add up to the topic if everyone is saying "nah it cannot be done because that's not my style". Ok i'm wrong too that i didn't post it in the modding talk section but that's not the point.