All non-human meat to be just meat

Started by Sbilko, October 08, 2017, 08:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 09, 2017, 07:15:21 PM
Quote from: Limdood on October 09, 2017, 01:43:48 PM
There is a mod i use that combines many meats (It's called "Simplified Meats"):
poultry (all birds), beef (muffalo, cow, ibex), pork (all pigs), venison (caribou, elk, deer, maybe gazelle?), large game (megasloths, boomalope, any other larger animal not in the previous categories), small game meat (squirrel, rat, tortoise, hare, etc.), insect meat, and human meat.

Mod Reference without link .. that is evil.
For that one, I would suffer through five minutes of steam ..
I'm... not actually sure how to link something directly from steam.
I did take some extra effort to type in the EXACT name of the mod so people could easily find it...i could have just said "oh i use a mod that reduces the types of leather and meat!  it's awesome! i can't live without it, you should check it out!"

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Limdood on October 13, 2017, 10:05:52 AM
.i could have just said "oh i use a mod that reduces the types of leather and meat!  it's awesome! i can't live without it, you should check it out!"

Yeah .. that would have been a real dickmove ;D

Copy & Paste worked quite okay.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868696901&searchtext=Simplified+Meats
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Limdood

cheers!  I never even considered copy pasting links in the steam app...its a no brainer in a web browser, but i never mentally categorized steam as one.

SpaceDorf

I used the web interface of steam  ;)

saves me from launching the software.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Philonious Rex

There is an option that could make every one happy, those that want a unified meat and those that do not. There could be options to change stacks into "mixed meat" that would only accept non human non insect meats. Best of both worlds, you still have all the unique meats for later features if you keep them separate, but you could have options to stack meats into mixed piles.

Clicking a stack of meat would provide an option to change it to "mixed meat" which would be stack able with other meats set to the same.

Also there could be a special setting for stockpiles to allow "mixed meats", and then it would just change any meat added to the pile to mixed meat. You could individually decide what meats were accepted, which would allow you to customize what gets mixed and what stays separate for your Grade A beef etc heh. Any meat added to the pile would then automatically be renamed to "mixed meat"

OFWG

Quote from: Philonious Rex on October 16, 2017, 06:01:28 PM
... a special setting for stockpiles to allow "mixed meats", and ...

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'd call it "MIX meats" to make it more clear that it's going to change the meats that are added.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Sbilko

Quote from: Philonious Rex on October 16, 2017, 06:01:28 PM
There is an option that could...

This sounds like the perfect solution! It could be made as a stockpile option, thought. Just as the option of "*Allow rotten," in the stockpile menu, there should be another option that says "Allow stacked meat"

All meat would be automatically stacked into mixed piles by haulers if that option is turned on.

asanbr

How realistic is this mixing of different kinds of raw meat? I'm thinking from a health standpoint. My experience with real meat is that chicken and pork need more care than beef, for example.

Etc. I can imagine that mixing and storing raw meat could be dangerous, but I'm not an expert in food or microbiology.

This is a question of pure curiosity, not to argue for or against the game having the feature.

Deer87

Quote from: asanbr on November 01, 2017, 04:20:17 PM
How realistic is this mixing of different kinds of raw meat? I'm thinking from a health standpoint. My experience with real meat is that chicken and pork need more care than beef, for example.

Etc. I can imagine that mixing and storing raw meat could be dangerous, but I'm not an expert in food or microbiology.

This is a question of pure curiosity, not to argue for or against the game having the feature.

I see your point. From an antistarvation perspective I would guess making a stew or soup from whatever is left still makes sense