[Mod request] Super Heroes

Started by N23, October 08, 2017, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N23

Since there is a Starwars Jedi/Sith mod and a Werewolf mod, I wondered and trhought.
Super heroes: like the Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Capt.America must be posible as wel.
Hulk should be something like the Werewolfs, when he rage he transform or otherwise by activating.
Wolverine; regenerate and claws on command.
Spiderman; his web should act like the pull/push force from SW.
Ect.

What do you think?

SpaceDorf

Sounds good, since you allready stated the obvious sources, why don't you get started.

I bet Chickenforcerplucker would lend you his Deadpool armor. Also Spiderman should be able to lay webs like arachnophibia  ::)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

N23

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 08, 2017, 02:05:28 PM
Sounds good, since you allready stated the obvious sources, why don't you get started.

I bet Chickenforcer would lend you his Deadpool armor. Also Spiderman should be able to lay webs like arachnophibia  ::)

Thanks for the feedback, would be cool if there is a Deadpool trait aswell.
But you misjudge me if you think i can make mods like they do ;)

SpaceDorf

I admit Jecrell sets a pretty high bar,

but you don't have to be that good .. just good enough, and reading and changing mods of other people is always the best beginning. Finding out what makes the mod work and how to tweak it for yourself.

For example the Healingfactor allready exists in the Form of Luciferium,
you would just have to add a Trait or Backstory which combines this HeDiff ( Health Definition )  with the Body.

N23

Dont you think this idea is more interesting for good modders.
And for them easy to apply?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: N23 on October 11, 2017, 05:15:01 PM
Dont you think this idea is more interesting for good modders.
And for them easy to apply?

Sure, but they also have their own Ideas and then some, so it is really hard to keep up to date with one owns projects or even start new ones.

And how do you think they became that good ?
Sure Professional Background helps, but they wanted to make something they were passionate about.

Albion

That is actually the main reason why there might be a lot of great mod ideas in this forum but 99% of them won't get made.
Modders invest their free time to build something they want to see in the game. Depending on how large or difficult the mod/project is it'll usually take 10 to 100 or maybe even 1000 hours to create it.
Most ideas will therefore not picked up if no one is really passionate about it.
Depending on how difficult it is someone without a computer science background could create a desired mod easily enough but it definitely helps.

Just as an example: depending on how you want to implement this mod I would estimate about 20+ hours of work for this mod. Probably more if you want awesome textures.
That is for someone who knows some about rimworld modding and can use the mentioned werewolf and star wars mods as reference. If someone is new to rimworld modding I would add another 10-20 hours.

I'm not saying this to discourage you but this is the harsh reality.
Find a modder who is passionate about it or be that modder yourself. Other modders are happy to help you in the help subforum if you have any questions or might discuss solutions with you if you post in the unfinished subforum. There are also guides to modding so you can get a general grasp on things.

N23

Thnx for the reply. And as someone with no computer science background, i wouldn't even try it.
Lets say i hope that someone out there gets inspired :)
And for the rest of us, we should be more pro-patron to help modders.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: N23 on October 13, 2017, 03:46:51 AM
Thnx for the reply. And as someone with no computer science background, i wouldn't even try it.

If you are staying with Rimworld, you will ..  ;)

Albion

As I mentioned above: computer science helps but is not required. This suggestion right here is rather hard to implement but you also suggested that sayan race which is comparatively easy to implement. Maybe 5-10 hours plus 5 hours figuring out how XML files work.
Once you understand that the XML files just contain definitions the game is using and the <tags> are basically just folders containing information it gets rather easy to implement some small things like a new race or new items.
Having them do special stuff that currently isn't available in rimworld like shooting webs or transforming into a green monster... That's the difficult part that ramps up development time.