[Mod request] Avatar Last Airbender

Started by N23, October 08, 2017, 12:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N23

if you ever saw Avatar the Last Airbender, you already know witch way im going.
Woudn't be cool if some paws got the power of air/water/fire or earth bending?
Like in the francise of avatar.
Where firebenders can 'shoot' fire and on a higher level electric? There power is stronger at day. And when they rage they have 'starting fire rage'. And maybe creating a fire wall to block raiders?
Waterbenders should be able to: freese people and with a full moon control people, have better healing powers, and able to create ice walls.
Earth: better mining, create weak walls, and protecting armor or something.
Air: should be able to push/pull people, faster walking. And Jumping over walls or 'fly'  to other factions on the map.

And it would be cool if there are factions and cloths from the francine.

What do you think?

SpaceDorf

How will they bend without Arms and Legs ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

tonsrd

in mods-unfinished thers a mod called tmagic , when colonist pawns and the player can use magic.

but the raiders dont.

star wars mod adds some powers and lightsabers,

so it is possible to add some sort of power / fireball /walls.

DiamondBorne

They could be 4 factions of early space colonists who made a planetfall but couldn't keep in touch with their homeworld but degenerated into a medieval age society. Then they start practice martial arts that evolved into the bending art for self defence after their space weapons broke down. Many thought it was magic but it was actually a self-replicated, biomechanical nanite bots that was injected into the blood stream of the colonists since the start of the expedition. The nanite bot was originally designed to regulate user's body temperature incase of extreme environment (fire,water bend) and psionic screen against psychic field or energy anomaly, with a side effect bonus of limited manipulation of matter via mini telekinesis (wind,earth bend).

Now without tech to maintain the bot in their bodies and everyone simply forgotten about it. The nanites mutated, turns into an actual living organism and amplified its power pass it's original purpose. The 'Elements' then form symbiosis with the now so-called 'benders' because they can't survive without a body to inhabit. Thus, in a sense, all benders were technically infected with a highly contagious, sexually-transmitted but harmless symbiotic microbes that grants them power.

As for the mod itself, it's entirely be done. There's the Star Wars mod by Jecrell that introduced a complex force magic system into the game and i think he created a sort of pre-made function available in his Jec's tool mod. However, i'm really new to modding so good luck if you found anyone that interest in this. I think it would be very cool to have utility skill based on water wind and earth, might makes them a very good grower or miner. I'm not hot on fire bender tho, they're overrated. ;)

N23

@DiamondBorne sounds like a great idea to imply it to the rimworld-universe. The same with a good grower or miner. The fire / water benders should be able to put down fires faster or, stop them at all.
I hope the idea sparkle to a great modder  :)

SpaceDorf

Yeap. That is a great fluff explanation, even relying on technological concepts confirmed by vanilla  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

CrimsonPhalanx

I recall using some basic "magic" from the cults mod from Rim of Madness, one of the skills was to push so I guess some of it isn't too far off. Having a trait called "avatar" won't be too bad as well, like giving them the best of all abilities and a super strong bezerk skill (becomes OP but uncontrollable)
To explain with your nanites theory it could be that every now and then someone with a super nanite compatible body comes around.

I guess another explanation could be some modified glitterworld performers/hardcore fans of an ancient story from "earth"(if you get it) crash land on the rim and after many generations of surviving (maybe a mechanized invasion or something in between that kills most of the people with glitterworld knowledge or an amnesia inducing psychic drone hit) they reverted to older tech, relying on their mysterious "powers" instead of modern tech.

On another backstory path it could be some top secret military modification experiment ship gets destroyed, and the stuff scattered on the planet below, mutating the tribals with bending powers, first the tribals don't feel anything, and then the later generations started being able to bend the elements, slowly as they advanced into medieval tech the ability to bend becomes more common, and in between some discrimination between elements happened, separating the elements into factions. The avatar in this case could either be some person that has ancestors from all 4 bending abilities, and was lucky enough to inherit all 4 genes at once, or it could be the final product of the military research, some avatar soldiers that got ejected onto the rim in cryosleep caskets(this would give ancient ruins more value I guess, hoping to find an avatar pod).

but then rimworld being rimworld......
A hundred years pass and my brother and I discovered the new avatar in cryosleep, and although his cooking skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he is ready to save anyone, (incapable of violence, caring, intelligent, plant work, dumb labor) so we put him back into the pod and looked for the next avatar.

If someone makes this mod it I'll be happy as well......until the pyromaniac fire pawn joins/attacks.