Incapacitated husband now can't share double bed anymore

Started by Yoshida Keiji, October 12, 2017, 08:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Karma got me.

A trade caravan came and I went for a black ops to lure a panther's revenge. While Bluejay was luring the manhunter towards the NPCs, a "friendly" faction started shooting (lesson learnt) to the panther and "friendly-fired" Bluejay who ended up with Permanent gunshot injury in the brain.

I'm gonna keep him in vegetative support until ship launch, this is like 5 years ahead.

I don't know how couples handle situations like this in real life, but now the husband can't sleep with her wife "anymore" because if I turn the bed into hospital, she won't have her bed to sleep in. And if I leave the bed as normal, then the husband would be taken back to the formal hospital.

This needs to be fixed.

YokoZar

The game wants you to give the wife a brain injury too.

Vlad0mi3r

It is called Luciferium. That's the fix that is in game administer it and eventually he will heal. Yes you will have an addict but that's the price you pay.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

SpaceDorf

Where is the problem with this setup ?
I had this a few times as well, I think as long as Bluejay is still co-owner of the bed the "wants to sleep with" thought does not appear.

And I don't think that veggie - intercourse is possible.

What you could do is : turn all hospital beds into normal beds ( yeap, can that with medical beds as well ) and have Bluejay rescued.
In lack of medical beds Pawns get rescued into their own bed.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Evillee

PatrykSzczescie

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on October 13, 2017, 01:23:35 AM
It is called Luciferium. That's the fix that is in game administer it and eventually he will heal. Yes you will have an addict but that's the price you pay.

Does it work for brain injuries?

Evillee

Quote from: PatrykSzczescie on October 15, 2017, 12:48:43 AM
Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on October 13, 2017, 01:23:35 AM

Does it work for brain injuries?
Yep

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dargaron

Squick aside, couldn't you just temporarily switch the medical beds to normal beds, assign Mr. Bluejay to his own bed, rescue him, then turn the medical beds back to medical beds? IIRC, pawns don't take injured pawns from their own beds to medical beds (but I could be wrong!).

YokoZar

Even though it can't move, this pawn probably shouldn't be considered "injured" and seeking a hospital anymore since there's no possible work for a doctor to do.  He belongs in a non-medical bed.

Limdood

Quote from: YokoZar on October 17, 2017, 07:24:59 PM
Even though it can't move, this pawn probably shouldn't be considered "injured" and seeking a hospital anymore since there's no possible work for a doctor to do.  He belongs in a non-medical bed.

feeding an incapacitated pawn is a doctoring job.  Without a doctor's attention - in this game - he'd starve

Yoshida Keiji

Indeed, he did starve to death after Cassandra Rough launched me three different waves of infections, plus a refugee and normal raid. I only had "1" doctor who was patching everybody up...and he couldn't manage to feed Bluejay...