Bug/Cheese/Exploit - Outposts starve themselves

Started by skullywag, August 23, 2017, 05:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: ison on September 07, 2017, 05:25:35 AM
@skullywag hmm, okay. I'll check it. Downed people don't take longer to starve.

QuoteHowever someone just sanity check this, would it be possible for me to send 1 guy with some meals and wood, have him wall himself in with his food near the edge of the map and have him simply wait until the camp starves...what stops that exploit? does it work that way? I havent tested this obv hence the question.

The enemies, once starving, will dig and destroy the walls. The only thing which prevents them from doing so is when you're already downed.

You can keep food on your solo raider and only drop it briefly to eat it.  In practice raids will attack such a pawn after a while.  Amusingly the combination of AI cheating to stack half-dozen pawns into one tile to beat on wall + raiders usually having someone with grenades means that you can sometimes clear these bases without getting downed by making raiders self-grenade (killing enough of themselves to flee).

An alternative solution would be to stock pirate bases with food and have them eat it when hungry any time there isn't an active threat (downed pawns don't count).  Having them simply kill/capture when all pawns are downed also works.

YokoZar

New strategy: bring some survival meals, wait for raiders to starve, then put the meals next to IEDs.

TheMeInTeam

^ They usually rush you long before that, even if not provoked.  You could put IED in between two walls as you tunnel into a mountain though.  Since the AI cheats by stacking units to beat on walls you can hit half a dozen or more of them in each explosion.

ison

Okay, this should be fixed after A18 (not in A18). Starving enemies will simply attacked downed colonists. Thanks for reporting.