What have I done to deserve this....Share your story

Started by Vlad0mi3r, August 22, 2017, 10:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Zzzt event in the main workshop area. I'd used wood floors and walls because I had a surplus of it at the time, and forgotten about a certain new feature in A18...

Six colonists initially rush in to try and put it out, but by then the floor's on fire and they're all promptly overcome by the heat. Five more colonists run in to try and drag them to safety, and then they get overcome. The only survivor was an elderly ex-mental patient with dementia, who was incapable of doctoring or violence. I sent him to an ancient cryosleep capsule rather than watch him struggle on by himself.

Mkok

Quote from: Jake on September 19, 2017, 09:08:46 AM
Six colonists initially rush in to try and put it out, but by then the floor's on fire and they're all promptly overcome by the heat. Five more colonists run in to try and drag them to safety, and then they get overcome. The only survivor was an elderly ex-mental patient with dementia, who was incapable of doctoring or violence. I sent him to an ancient cryosleep capsule rather than watch him struggle on by himself.

The non-demetia stuck colonists run into fire, while the only one with dementia goes to the safety of cryptosleep. Now who has dementia?  ;)

As for me, it was few alphas back, when really cold maps were first introduced. I settled one of the poles, a really cold place with half the year outside temperatures below -100 °C! All was well, until the autumn came.
First, I forgot that the game properly models polar day/night, and since solar panels generate power nonstop during polar day, most of my power came from solars (I mean, there was not even a need for batteries!). So as winter was drawing close, I had less and less energy every day. At first I solved this by building more solars  ;) but combined with the need for a HUGE amount of heaters due to the temperature rapidly dropping (over 60 °C difference compared to summer), my steel reserves ran dry very quickly with no way to replenish them. By the time I had completely run out, it was only mid autumn. And thats when it happened.

An evil ship! Crashed not far away, but far enough to be unreacheable by my colonists due to extremely cold weather. My colonists were already not very happy about having to spend all their time cramped inside the only room I was able to afford the heating bill for. So I came with a plan.

One of my colonists was psychically deaf, so I figured I could build some cryopods, and have the other 3 colonists spend the winter frozen (in the good way :D), until the spring comes, and with it a way to get rid of the eyesore of a ship. So I rushed researching the cryopods, everyone on the verge of going berserk anytime now, when the research finished. Needless to say, I totally forgot about the uranium  ;D.

P.S. In the end I desperately started digging into the mountain, and was able to find a room with enough cryptopods, all I had to do was fight a bunch of very well equiped soldiers who were inside, and put a bunch of barely conscious super angry colonists inside instead. Then I walled the one colonist alone in the hydroponics room for nearly half a year  ;D

Was the most enjoyable game I had so far.

MCreeper

Quote from: Jake on September 19, 2017, 09:08:46 AM
Zzzt event in the main workshop area. I'd used wood floors and walls because I had a surplus of it at the time, and forgotten about a certain new feature in A18...
Don't scare me with such typos. I immediately rushed to general discussion to see if A18 come out.  >:(

Limdood

I have a colony of 7, all armed with snipers and assault rifles, in a thriving boreal forest base part in, and part out of some mountains.

I have 3 prisoners with low recruitment chances i've been keeping around because they've great stats.

The prisoners stage a prison break at the WORST time...exiting their prison and entering the bedroom next door where they beat a sniper armed colonist senseless and steal her rifle. 

During this time my other 6 colonists are able to get together, and set up in various cover as the prisoners emerge.  The two unarmed prisoners bum rush another colonist and aren't hit once while they beat him senseless, while the sniper prisoner 1-shots another nearby colonist.  The unarmed prisoners grab the weapons from the killed and beaten up colonists and proceed into a 3 vs. 4 shootout.

A short time later 3 perfectly healthy (save a couple of fist bruises) former prisoners exit my base, while my 2 dead and 5 downed colonists decorate the ground with their blood.

I quit right after, savescummed, then executed the prisoners....screw fairness.

kubolek01

Quote from: Limdood on October 01, 2017, 04:22:28 PM
I have a colony of 7, all armed with snipers and assault rifles, in a thriving boreal forest base part in, and part out of some mountains.

I have 3 prisoners with low recruitment chances i've been keeping around because they've great stats.

The prisoners stage a prison break at the WORST time...exiting their prison and entering the bedroom next door where they beat a sniper armed colonist senseless and steal her rifle. 

During this time my other 6 colonists are able to get together, and set up in various cover as the prisoners emerge.  The two unarmed prisoners bum rush another colonist and aren't hit once while they beat him senseless, while the sniper prisoner 1-shots another nearby colonist.  The unarmed prisoners grab the weapons from the killed and beaten up colonists and proceed into a 3 vs. 4 shootout.

A short time later 3 perfectly healthy (save a couple of fist bruises) former prisoners exit my base, while my 2 dead and 5 downed colonists decorate the ground with their blood.

I quit right after, savescummed, then executed the prisoners....screw fairness.
Why you make a prison next to bedrooms? Make it afar from these and the stockpiles! Or get rekt as below. PS:Why you didn't rushed em melee with clubs?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.