[1.1] RunAndGun

Started by Roolo, October 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy pawns should be able to shoot while they are fleeing

Yes please! I would do the same if I were fleeing with a gun in my hands.
31 (73.8%)
No, let me have my revenge!
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

SpaceDorf

Yes Please Flee and Gun, anything that makes the game harder through common sense is welcome.

And Post to Follow ..  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kori

Yes, Flee and Gun sounds good as default.

Now that I think about it, what about reloading when using CE? Is Run and Reload possible already, so fleeing pawns can keep shooting?

Zakhad

Such a simple yet revolutionary mod. Congratz on release, Following!

Roolo

Quote from: Kori on October 16, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
Yes, Flee and Gun sounds good as default.

Now that I think about it, what about reloading when using CE? Is Run and Reload possible already, so fleeing pawns can keep shooting?

Good idea, but to do that I probably would have to write code targetting CE code specifically. I find it a bit to early now to be targeting specific mods. Currently my focus is on developing the base features. Maybe at a point later in time I'll add a patch.

Canute

You should focus first, that NPC's can use run&gun too, or it would a bit unfair.
Sure CE is very popular, after you fix all bugs, you should focus on this.

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on October 16, 2017, 10:06:05 AM
You should focus first, that NPC's can use run&gun too, or it would a bit unfair.

I've already done that :). NPC's can use Run&Gun since yesterday.

Kori

Quote from: Roolo on October 16, 2017, 10:27:09 AM
Quote from: Canute on October 16, 2017, 10:06:05 AM

I've already done that :). NPC's can use Run&Gun since yesterday.

That feature works great, and it adds a real challenge!

Roolo

If anyone noticed a bug that caused the firerate of Running and Gunning paws to be way to high, thats fixed now. Very strange, some checks that prevented that from happening were not present anymore. Time to use Git blame on myself ^^

SeniorScore

Great mod, fleeing raiders suppressed my colonists and got them to hunker down so I couldn't take potshots as they ran away,10/10

CrazyGamer313

I have found 3 bugs with this mod
1.when i select multiple pawns and say they schoud go somwhere they dont do it and 1 pawn gets undraftet
2. i cant right click on things with an pawn until it is drafted
3. somtimes when i draft an pawn there jobs will all be set to 3 priority

Roolo

Quote from: CrazyGamer313 on October 17, 2017, 10:10:48 AM
I have found 3 bugs with this mod
1.when i select multiple pawns and say they schoud go somwhere they dont do it and 1 pawn gets undraftet
2. i cant right click on things with an pawn until it is drafted
3. somtimes when i draft an pawn there jobs will all be set to 3 priority

Thanks for your bug report. Are you very sure these issues are all caused by Run&Gun?
I don't see how my code could affect any of the things you talk about, but let's not rule anything out.
Could you turn on the development mode in options and see if there are any errors in the log? This log should come up automatically when you start your game and any errors are detected. If any errors show up, could you post them here?

Nightinggale

The run&gun button has an unlucky position for drafted colonists as it is the leftmost button. This means it's no longer possible to double click on draft to make a colonist forget the current task and get a new one. It's only after adding this mod I have realized how often I change work priorities, mark items for (urgent) hauling or similar and then draft+undraft colonists to do it right away. Now I keep drafting and then toggle run&gun settings.

Would you please change button priority to restore vanilla placement of vanilla buttons? :)

Other than that it's a great mod. Despite being a simple concept, it adds a lot of dynamics to combat and generally makes it more fun. It moves from covered standard positions in some FPS camper style to a real dynamic combat scene. For instance you can get a colonist to move from tree to tree to flank the enemy covers. You could do that in vanilla, but you don't do it often because it means the flanking colonist would not be shooting for quite a while. Well not anymore  8)
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Nightinggale

Quote from: CrazyGamer313 on October 17, 2017, 10:10:48 AM3. somtimes when i draft an pawn there jobs will all be set to 3 priority
Using Force Pawn To Do A Job together with Fluffy's Work Tab can do that. They are listed as incompatible while they are working on figuring out why it happens.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Roolo

Quote from: Nightinggale on October 17, 2017, 11:05:56 AM
The run&gun button has an unlucky position for drafted colonists as it is the leftmost button. This means it's no longer possible to double click on draft to make a colonist forget the current task and get a new one. It's only after adding this mod I have realized how often I change work priorities, mark items for (urgent) hauling or similar and then draft+undraft colonists to do it right away. Now I keep drafting and then toggle run&gun settings.

Would you please change button priority to restore vanilla placement of vanilla buttons? :)

Thanks for your feedback! I agree with you that the button priority is not optimal now. I struggled a bit with it when I was developing the mod, and after a while decided to leave it like this. I'll definitely give it another shot in the near future.

Edit: In the meantime you can also double tap R (or whatever hotkey you have configure for drafting) to achieve the same.

CrazyGamer313

Could you do that this mod also makes it happen that you could reload guns with combat extended?