[1.1] RunAndGun

Started by Roolo, October 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy pawns should be able to shoot while they are fleeing

Yes please! I would do the same if I were fleeing with a gun in my hands.
31 (73.8%)
No, let me have my revenge!
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

123nick

is the title a reference to Xcom? cool mod too :D

Diana Winters

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on November 01, 2017, 01:10:54 PM
<snip>

There isn't any kind of strength stat for races unless the alien races framework adds that in. You'd probably be better off basing it around their carry capacity or body size.

Actually, there is a vanilla stat called "bodysize" that is basically a strength stat. It influences how much you can carry, for the most part.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 02, 2017, 04:23:55 PMActually, there is a vanilla stat called "bodysize" that is basically a strength stat. It influences how much you can carry, for the most part.
The problem with bodysize is that it influence way too much. The parts, which are affected by bodysize are: carry capacity, meat, leather, bones (with BoneMod). Animals have to have a certain size before they can be trained to haul, even if they are big enough to have a larger than 0 carry capacity.

Other stats, which I suspect uses bodysize, but haven't confirmed are some combat related. Bigger is easier to hit, but harder to kill or destroy body parts.

I don't know where max carry weight in all this fits. It would be nice to modify just one of those numbers without modifying the rest. Some can be configured, some can configure base when the number is base*bodysize, but just relying purely on bodysize as a factor means it's hard to adjust without messing with lots of other stuff.

This is somewhat off topic for this mod though.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Roolo

Quote from: 123nick on November 02, 2017, 03:48:39 PM
is the title a reference to Xcom? cool mod too :D
Thanks! No, while I played Xcom for a while, it never occured to me there is also an ability there with the same name. I just thought RunAndGun sounded nice due to the rhyming, and because it's descriptive. But maybe, subconsiously, the name was absorbed in my mind when I played Xcom and popped up when I was naming my mod, who knows ^^.

DiamondBorne

Next you'll be saying Diablo invented the term Hack and Slash 8)

Run and Gun was a thing since NES Contra.

Ceanox

Quote from: Roolo on October 29, 2017, 10:42:08 AM
Quote from: Ceanox on October 28, 2017, 08:03:49 PM
Got this Problem
http://prntscr.com/h3bccb
And this
http://prntscr.com/h3bcfe
Error upon load, disables all mods
Also the mods i have.
http://prntscr.com/h3bcyu

Do with it what you will

Thanks for the report! Some questions to you: was this in alpha 18? What version of hugslib are you using and is it loaded before run and gun? Did you install the mods manually or using steam workshop?

Sorry for not responding, and it was Alpha 18, first beta version of hugslibs, but i disabled it, and i did it manually

Roolo

Quote from: Ceanox on November 07, 2017, 05:36:41 PM
Sorry for not responding, and it was Alpha 18, first beta version of hugslibs, but i disabled it, and i did it manually

Thanks for still letting me know. The issue you had has been solved in one of the last releases.

Goldenpotatoes

On the github releases, the latest A18 version is the same as the latest A17 version. You may of pushed the same folder twice from the looks of it.

Roolo

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on November 08, 2017, 11:26:07 AM
On the github releases, the latest A18 version is the same as the latest A17 version. You may of pushed the same folder twice from the looks of it.

Ok, apperently I used the wrong branch when I created that release >.<. I've solved it now. Thanks for making me aware.

BTAxis

Despite the tag in the topic title, this mod does not actually seem to work on B18. It causes errors on startup.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

macbuk

Did you forget to update the github or something? No new release or even recent changes.

Roolo

Quote from: BTAxis on November 24, 2017, 07:59:39 AM
Despite the tag in the topic title, this mod does not actually seem to work on B18. It causes errors on startup.
What version did you download? Did you download from the master branch or from the latest v18 release? I haven't updated the master branch yet. I modified the description just now to clarify that.

Quote from: macbuk on November 24, 2017, 07:03:51 PM
Did you forget to update the github or something? No new release or even recent changes.

I'm sorry, I wanted to add in some additional changes before updating the release tag, but eventually got to busy with other things so I forgot it. I just updated it (yesterday) so it's equal to the latest Steam release. 

BTAxis

I downloaded the release marked 0.18.1.0. In the mod interface it says it's for Rimworld version 0.17.0 and when trying to load it anyway it produces errors on startup, including:
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly RunAndGun: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Roolo

Quote from: BTAxis on November 28, 2017, 07:03:38 PM
I downloaded the release marked 0.18.1.0. In the mod interface it says it's for Rimworld version 0.17.0 and when trying to load it anyway it produces errors on startup, including:
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly RunAndGun: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

I just tested this and it just works. Are you very sure you downloaded the right version? 0.18.1.0 was added pretty recently (three days ago). And before it was added, 17.1.8 was the latest release (with 18.0.2 being the latest a18 release, but not showing up on top of the list) so could it be that you downloaded that accidentally?  Or maybe something went wrong with copying the files? The fact that the mod interface says the mod is for A17 can only mean you don't have the right version in your mods folder, which also means it cannot be the 0.18.1.0 version available on Github.

BTAxis

Ah, you're right, I still had the master branch version in my mod folder somehow. So I was activating the wrong version. The release version seems fine. Sorry about that!