[1.1] RunAndGun

Started by Roolo, October 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy pawns should be able to shoot while they are fleeing

Yes please! I would do the same if I were fleeing with a gun in my hands.
31 (73.8%)
No, let me have my revenge!
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Roolo

Update!
v0.18.2.0

- Mod settings are organized in tabs
- New mod option is added that allows users to forbid RunAndGun for certain weapons. This also applies to the weapons used by enemy pawns.
- Pawns can no longer RunAndGun while burning
- Fixed issue that caused the weapon cooldown to be circumvented when a pawn stops moving while running and gunning.

kubolek01

Quote from: Roolo on December 05, 2017, 12:13:27 PM
Update!
v0.18.2.0

- Mod settings are organized in tabs
- New mod option is added that allows users to forbid RunAndGun for certain weapons. This also applies to the weapons used by enemy pawns.
- Pawns can no longer RunAndGun while burning
- Fixed issue that caused the weapon cooldown to be circumvented when a pawn stops moving while running and gunning.
No more exploiting xD (I reported the last one)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Roolo

Update(v18.3.0)

- Weapon selector for forbidding and in the mod settings has been completely re-implemented to a more user-friendly design.
- When mods that add new weapons are installed, the weight filter is applied automatically so new weapons are generally configured well from now on.
- Weapons added by new mods are allowed by default for RunAndGun.
- Unfortunately, anything configured in the previous version of the weapon selector has to be re-configured.

Mst

How does accuracy penalty work? Bigger number is bigger penalty so it's harder to hit the target, right? I raised to 60 but my pawns seem to be much more accurate then while standing still. They land almost all shots perfectly.

Roolo

Quote from: Mst on December 17, 2017, 12:06:57 PM
How does accuracy penalty works? Bigger number is bigger penalty so it's harder to hit the target, right? I raised to 60 but my pawns seem to be much more accurate then while standing still. They land almost all shots perfectly.

Whoops, that's not how it's supposed to work. I might have made a mistake recently. I'll check it out and I'll upload a fix tomorrow if needed.

Edit: tested this and it seemed to work properly.

Mst

Quote from: Roolo on December 17, 2017, 12:35:37 PM
Whoops, that's not how it's supposed to work. I might have made a mistake recently. I'll check it out and I'll upload a fix tomorrow if needed.

I am not completely sure, just an observation, no factual evidence.
It could be my mistake.

PS Haven't tested in new update, those were thoughts on the previous one

Roolo

Quote from: Mst on December 17, 2017, 03:21:50 PM
Quote from: Roolo on December 17, 2017, 12:35:37 PM

I am not completely sure, just an observation, no factual evidence.
It could be my mistake.

Sure, I understand, it's no problem though to check it, just to be certain. I can easily get some exact numbers to check it tomorrow when I have time. Even if it works as expected it's no bother to have checked it.

Roolo

@Mst

I just rechecked the accuracy penalty and it seems to work properly. I logged the calculated accuracy and it did drop by the percentage set in the options (so with a 50% penalty, the accuracy of a pawn that had 80% accuracy dropped to 40%). I also tried setting the penalty to 100%, and my pawn missed every shot except one out of roughly 50 shots when using a revolver. The one hit was a result of the enemy pawn moving to the same tile the missed bullet went to.

So maybe you were just really lucky?

Mst

Thanks, gotta try to raise the numbers a bit more next time I play.

Jan2607

Is this compatible with additional colonist classes ( e.g. with Misc. MAI mod)?

Roolo

Quote from: Jan2607 on December 22, 2017, 11:55:51 AM
Is this compatible with additional colonist classes ( e.g. with Misc. MAI mod)?

Currently, it is compatible with any race with defClass=Pawn. This is almost any pawn type, the only exception I'm aware of is... Misc. MAI. It is compatible with that mod in the sense that it doesn't break anything. The only thing is that the RunAndGun option is not available for those robots. However, I plan to rework the system of attaching RunAndGun data to pawns soon, which will likely fix the issue. Moreover, I didn't check since A17, so it might be that the B18 version of MAI does allow RunAndGun.

Jan2607

Since Misc. MAI is not updated to B18 yet, we can't know yet :D
Maybe Haplo changes something then...

Anyway, thank you :)

SalmonToastie

So what exactly do you need for errors and stuff, what should I attach that can help you the most?

Roolo

Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 23, 2017, 05:06:57 AM
So what exactly do you need for errors and stuff, what should I attach that can help you the most?

I think you posted most info on the other thread already. One more thing I would like to know is what version of RunAndGun you are using. The one on steam, or did you download it yourself? If it's not the one from steam, what version number does it have?

SalmonToastie

Quote from: Roolo on December 23, 2017, 05:22:31 AM
Quote from: SalmonToastie on December 23, 2017, 05:06:57 AM

I think you posted most info on the other thread already. One more thing I would like to know is what version of RunAndGun you are using. The one on steam, or did you download it yourself? If it's not the one from steam, what version number does it have?

On the RunAndGun folder it is 0.17.1.8, is that the number you need?