[1.1] RunAndGun

Started by Roolo, October 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy pawns should be able to shoot while they are fleeing

Yes please! I would do the same if I were fleeing with a gun in my hands.
31 (73.8%)
No, let me have my revenge!
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Roolo

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 22, 2018, 08:25:30 PM
i forbid incindeary launcher from running and gunning yet the ai is still using it while fleeing

Ok I'll check that out. Just one question: was it only for a brief moment (like just enough time to fire one shot) or did they do it the entire time while leaving the map?

Ruisuki

they shot at me a few times after fleeing

Kori

Hey Roolo, I play with CE and when I switch the ammo of pumpguns to EMP shells, the RaG button disappears as long as this ammo is loaded.
They only do EMP damage and you also get the "hunter lacks ranged weapon" message, so I think they aren't recognized as weapons.
Could you please have a look at this? :)

Roolo

Quote from: Kori on February 27, 2018, 07:50:01 PM
Hey Roolo, I play with CE and when I switch the ammo of pumpguns to EMP shells, the RaG button disappears as long as this ammo is loaded.
They only do EMP damage and you also get the "hunter lacks ranged weapon" message, so I think they aren't recognized as weapons.
Could you please have a look at this? :)

I'll see if there's an easy way of fixing this. Currently the code that is used in vanilla to check if a pawn can hunt with is also used to check if the pawn can RunAndGun with the weapon. Since it doesn't make sense to hunt with EMP weapons, I figure the CE developers took this into account, and set the EMP loaded weapons properties so that it's not recognized as a weapon suitable for hunting. I may be hard though to detect EMP weapons without explicitly targeting CE code (which would imply a dependency, what we don't want of course), so I'll have to look into that and see what I can do.

Kori

Thank you, I hope it will be easy to fix. :)

Roolo

Update (now v0.18.3.4):
- Fixed compatibility problem with Giddy-up! Ride and Roll.
- Updated Spanish translations.

@Kori.
I didn't have time to look into that combat extended issue yet, but know that I'll be looking at it soon.

Kori

Quote from: Roolo on March 16, 2018, 05:08:34 AM
@Kori.
I didn't have time to look into that combat extended issue yet, but know that I'll be looking at it soon.

No problem, thanks. :)

IWannaChaos

For a mod with what's basically a single feature, this adds a lot to the game. I'm surprised it wasn't made earlier. Anyways, I was thinking that pawns who are fleeing and gunning should have some kind of accuracy penalty. When they choose 'flight' their fight should have some kind of penalty.
On the other hand, this might be too similar to just disabling gunning while fleeing.

Roolo

Quote from: IWannaChaos on March 16, 2018, 09:58:38 PM
For a mod with what's basically a single feature, this adds a lot to the game. I'm surprised it wasn't made earlier. Anyways, I was thinking that pawns who are fleeing and gunning should have some kind of accuracy penalty. When they choose 'flight' their fight should have some kind of penalty.
On the other hand, this might be too similar to just disabling gunning while fleeing.

As can be read in the description, there's already an accuracy penalty implemented aswell as a movement  penalty.
You even adjust it in the mod settings.

temple_wing

I don't know this should be posted here or giddy-up thread, just decided to put it here.

What about allow high animal skill to reduce runAndGun penaly when mounted.

I think mounted runAndGun is the real test for your animal skill.

Jernfalk

Quote from: temple_wing on April 04, 2018, 05:10:13 AM
I don't know this should be posted here or giddy-up thread, just decided to put it here.

This does sound like a great idea. Maybe done via a patch between the mods?

Roolo

Quote from: Jernfalk on April 04, 2018, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: temple_wing on April 04, 2018, 05:10:13 AM

This does sound like a great idea. Maybe done via a patch between the mods?

I also like the idea. There's only one downside, namely that the impact is pretty small (most people won't notice anything), while the effort to implement it is relatively big because I would have to make a patch like Jernfalk mentions, and cannot change it directly because that would create a dependency between RunAndGun and Giddy-up. So I might look into it in the future, but other things will have my priority first.

Roolo

Update:

I just released a version of RunAndGun that supports Rimworld v1.0. You can find it on the releases section on GitHub: https://github.com/rheirman/RunAndGun/releases

Please report any bugs and enjoy :)

Galvenox

hey, with the newest patch for unstable RunAndGun won't let anyone attack anything, at least that's how it's working for me. can anyone else confirm that? and possibly fix it?

Roolo

Quote from: Galvenox on July 13, 2018, 03:09:30 PM
hey, with the newest patch for unstable RunAndGun won't let anyone attack anything, at least that's how it's working for me. can anyone else confirm that? and possibly fix it?

Some code patched by RunAndGun likely changed, can happen with an unstable build. I can probably take a look at it and fix it tomorrow.