[1.1] RunAndGun

Started by Roolo, October 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy pawns should be able to shoot while they are fleeing

Yes please! I would do the same if I were fleeing with a gun in my hands.
31 (73.8%)
No, let me have my revenge!
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Roolo

Small but important update:

RunAndGun 1.0.1:
- Fixed weapons not firing anymore after one of the last unstable builds.

Some code patched by RunAndGun was changed in the Rimworld assembly, completely breaking it. It's now fixed.

Quote from: Galvenox on July 13, 2018, 03:09:30 PM
hey, with the newest patch for unstable RunAndGun won't let anyone attack anything, at least that's how it's working for me. can anyone else confirm that? and possibly fix it?

If you intall the latest version I just uploaded, your issue should be fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

Galvenox

Roolo

The latest unstable build broke the mod again. I just release an update.

RunAndGun -> 1.0.2.
- fixed 1.0 unstable new build breaking the mod

Roolo

Update:

RunAndGun-> v1.0.4
- Implemented optimisation that should reduce the impact RunAndGun has on performance by a factor of 10.

This should especially make a difference for people that use mods that add complexity to targeting like avoid friendly fire, and at the same time play with a lot of colonists.

Ruisuki

Roolo

Update:
RunAndGun -> v1.1.0
- Updated for Rimworld 1.0

zizard

I found that issuing a new move command resets the warmup. This seems bad.

Madman666

There always should be a downside. You will need to see where your next waypoint is and that'll drop your concentration on the target. Should leave it that way.

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on November 01, 2018, 04:30:44 AM
There always should be a downside. You will need to see where your next waypoint is and that'll drop your concentration on the target. Should leave it that way.

I agree. I admit it initially wasn't intended, but when I thought about it, it actually made sense for exactly the reason Madman pointed out, so I kept it in.

Roolo

Update:

v1.1.1
- Compatibility with Dual Wield mod + better compatibility in general.

Roolo

Update:
v1.1.2
- Fixed non-weapon cooldown being broken by the previous update. (which made it possible that colonists beat out fire instantly, or raiders instantly destroying buildings).

The problem was negated if you have the new Dual Wield mod installed, that's why I missed it in the first place. This update is a must-have if you're running the previous version without Dual Wield. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Operative85

No wonder an arctic fox gnawed through my Marine Armored colonist in less than a second. Thank you!

Roolo

Update:
v1.1.3
- Added modextension that allows other mods to set defaults for forbidden weapons.
- Added dialog for automatically setting the right default settings for Combat Extended.

This update is mainly intended for better Combat Extended compatibility. If you install it while having CE installed, you'll be asked to let CE set the right defaults for RunAndGun. Allowing this will give you the best experience.

Planetfall

Hi. love this mod to bits. I was just skimming this thread and noticed something. Now that seek and destroy is out, shouldn't you cross out "run with melee weapons" on the Upcoming Features list?
Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
_Carl Sagan_

Roolo

Quote from: Planetfall on February 03, 2019, 05:04:30 PM
Hi. love this mod to bits. I was just skimming this thread and noticed something. Now that seek and destroy is out, shouldn't you cross out "run with melee weapons" on the Upcoming Features list?

Hi there. Thanks! Actually, no. What I meant by that is that you can move your pawns while they're performing melee actions. Right now, they'll automatically stop walking when they do (even with Search and Destroy). But, in hindsight, I doubt I'll ever implement that feature. It might get a little strange, and I don't think the AI will make good use of it. Also, a few alphas back, there was this mechanic added that people get "locked" in melee, lowering the need of a "run and melee" feature. Moreover, no one ever requested this feature, so I don't think there's a high interest in the community for it.