What is your favorite seed and landing site?

Started by Barik Morloc, October 15, 2017, 02:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barik Morloc

My current favorite seed and map is
Seed: Korath (Capital K, lowercase orath)
Coordinates: 24.27N/24.09W
Default Map Size and 30% Global Coverage.* (edit)

It is a mountainous terrain with only Granite/Marble. I like it because of the mountain formation which splits the map in half:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1170454211

I'm looking for some fun maps to play on. One with a large area surrounded by mountains, with only one entrance. But I'm curious to know other peoples favorite seed and landing site coordinates.

khun_poo

Mine was...

Seed: Pirate (50% world)
Starting as tribal.
Not sure about coordinate.

Their is 3 out lander faction, 1 tribal enemy and 1 pirate.

In somewhere around the middle to of the globe, little to the west. Their is flat Arid shubland biome that on the crossroad which in the center between 3 friendly faction, only 2 tile far away (0.2 travel time all year). So, you can trade with them anytime. The stone in the area is Granite and Marble. Have a big plain of rich soil in the middle and in the south of the map (map size set to default). No cold snap event at all, heat wave event is frequent instead. You can grow crop all year.

SpaceDorf

I have no favority site, I want something new every time I play.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

spyderwebsc

Found this one on Reddit.
seed: mommy     (world size = 50%)
coordinates: 33.10S 7.43E
map size: 325 x 325 (note: I've had up to 5 geysers spawn in that area on the north side of map)

That area is still there at map size 275 x275 and 300 x 300 though you will have to mine your way in.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: spyderwebsc on October 17, 2017, 10:17:32 AM

map size: 325 x 325 (note: I've had up to 5 geysers spawn in that area on the north side of map)

Geyesers, like minerals are placed randomly on map generation .. so next time you start this one, the geysers will be somewhere else.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kirby23590

I have no favorite seed but i always come with random seed names from my head from any popular culture, television, video games, movies, anime, celebrities and actors that i know or just random stuff like objects or animals, fantasy creatures, places and sometimes verbs or random words etc.

However sometimes i pick the default map size 250x250 but i prefer 300x300 or 275x275.

I always land with mountains or large hills in the road or nearby.

And i formerly used to always play in tropical jungles and nearby oceans in A14 but thanks to the sleeping sickness and slow movement speed in the biome i pick the good ol' temperate forest and make sure the temperature in winter is warm or hot so that way i can plant and farm in winter ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Barik Morloc

map size: 325 x 325
Ohh cool thanks will check it out!

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 17, 2017, 12:41:37 PM
I always land with mountains or large hills in the road or nearby....  i pick the good ol' temperate forest

You might like this new one I found while randomly picking for a game.
Seed: camiño  (copy and paste works if you wanna try it.
Coordinate:  27.25N 26.96 W
It is a temperate forest with marble/granite mountainous and a stone road.
3/4 of the sides of the map are covered by mountains. There is only 2 entrances into the dome
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172457125
Really good for mountain base... also not sure if the spawning for spiders is consistent but with the spiders mod they spawn at the top entrance which is good for raiders cause they get stuck in web and spiders sometimes take them out or damage them alot for me.

ColonistGirl

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 16, 2017, 03:20:58 AM
I have no favority site, I want something new every time I play.

Same here. I just started a new little colony on a mountainous ice sheet, and there are 3 steam geysers in the valley I chose, and another 3-4 vents within easy reach, so we'll have TONS of power to fuel all the hydroponics.

asanbr

random seed, random landing site

keeps the game fun and teaching me new things

freemapa

I could test this myself, but does the random seed continue to influence the game beyond world generation? Like, if I use seed "apple" and then take the first random landing site and the first randomly rolled pawns, will I always end up with exactly the same start? Will the same events occur throughout the game? Will the visiting tribes have the same people in their groups?

Slimy_Slider

Quote from: Barik Morloc on October 17, 2017, 04:05:38 PM
map size: 325 x 325
Ohh cool thanks will check it out!

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 17, 2017, 12:41:37 PM
I always land with mountains or large hills in the road or nearby....  i pick the good ol' temperate forest

You might like this new one I found while randomly picking for a game.
Seed: camiño  (copy and paste works if you wanna try it.
Coordinate:  27.25N 26.96 W
It is a temperate forest with marble/granite mountainous and a stone road.
3/4 of the sides of the map are covered by mountains. There is only 2 entrances into the dome
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172457125
Really good for mountain base... also not sure if the spawning for spiders is consistent but with the spiders mod they spawn at the top entrance which is good for raiders cause they get stuck in web and spiders sometimes take them out or damage them alot for me.

World Size, Map size and temp options too please.

Barik Morloc

Quote from: Slimy_Slider on October 18, 2017, 11:09:28 PM
World Size, Map size and temp options too please.

Default world size, map size and temp options.

That area is still there at map size 275 x275 and 300 x 300 though you will have to mine your way in.

Just had a look on this map. It's awesome! I love the area up at the top for making a base! Thanks for the seed/coords!

asanbr

Quote from: freemapa on October 18, 2017, 08:37:08 PM
I could test this myself, but does the random seed continue to influence the game beyond world generation? Like, if I use seed "apple" and then take the first random landing site and the first randomly rolled pawns, will I always end up with exactly the same start? Will the same events occur throughout the game? Will the visiting tribes have the same people in their groups?

No

You can easily test this by loading a savegame and noticing that you don't get the same events, raids, trade ships, manhunters, as you did.

I don't know about Rimworld specifically, but random generators in games often involve the current time and other factors to make things "seemingly" and effectively random.