Stop hauling Lavish meal to prisoners !

Started by NemesisN, October 17, 2017, 08:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

I am tired of this, my colony always feeds prisoners with best meal which is lavish meal even for those who are downed

This is what I did to try avoiding it
1) Put a refrigerator in every cell with packaged survival meal in it and still my colonist brings them lavish meal in their cell
2) Installed a mod that has a food policy tab on what each person should eat as well as animals, tried prisoner food which is worst food first, tried no food which is get none, tried 1st worst meal which is get the worst meal first, nothing helps they still bring lavish meal in their prison cells

nothing works my colony still keeps hauling Lavish meal to prisoners and I don't want to build a that food dispenser and share rooms, my colony also has to have access to prison to interact with prisoners so blocking the doors is not an option

Is there a mod to stop this ? Developer should really patch this in vanilla and add a option to select who gets feed what its just stupid and annoying
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

also when there is Lavish meal my colonist decide to eat raw food for some strange reason
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

wow just wow

do my mods make them retarded or its just their default IQ ?

giannikampa

AFAIK there is a common way to provide nutrition: "choose the best". Maybe distance enters in play, as well as some minor things like ascetic trait that will choose non lavish for himself.
But when someone has to feed someone (Downed animals included!) he will always choose the best he can get.

On your particular situation you can uncheck "Take food" from a capable of walking prisoner prisoner menu). This way he will go for the best food you will allow in the prison and nobody will give him food (if there is no food available he could starve to death). A fine solution for largely populated prisons is a nutrient paste dispenser as only reacheable food source. Your pawns won't use it for themselves because it is in a prison, but will carry raws in to the hoppers.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Canute

Quote from: NemesisN on October 17, 2017, 09:21:32 AM
wow just wow

Food inside prisoner area can't be used by your regular pawn, not even for feeding prisoner.

When the prisoner is sick and laying on the bed, your pawns need to get a food from outside to feed the prisoner, and they will take the best one.

But the food selection mod (smarter food selection) should work here, and give the prisoner the worsest food (need to be outside the prisoner area).

SpaceDorf

Quote from: NemesisN on October 17, 2017, 09:21:32 AM
wow just wow

Defaul Settings. Food and Items in Prison Stockpiles are off Limits for colonists to use.
If you place the same freezer outside of your prison you can use the food to care for your prisoner.

Sadly the AI selects what they take to feed wounded .. anythings pawns, prisoners animals .. to use what is closest or favorite to the pawn doing the feeding. Not was is closest or selected for the receiving party.

That is why so many starving chicklets are rescued with lavish meals ..

Quote from: Canute on October 17, 2017, 10:49:46 AM
But the food selection mod (smarter food selection) should work here, and give the prisoner the worsest food (need to be outside the prisoner area).

Translation : Built 2 Food Dispensers
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Yoshida Keiji

Nemesis is right. There should be food selection. Why not? The game, vanilla, already has medical tab selection to choose how we want to heal prisoners. Basically, the Prisoner tab should replace "Gets food" (on/off) for a similar bar with different meals so we can select, what they get.

I don't use mods but the freezer thing is ridiculous to me. Are real life prison cells actually equipped with personal refrigerators? I have watched many documentaries of somewhat luxurious prisons but never saw a prison cell where inmates can pick as many meals they want.

NemesisN

I managed to figure it out using that food restriction mod....I needed to select all prisoners into receiving no food....if I set it to receive food even prisoner option or worst meal first option my colony still hauls nearest food they have which is lavish meal

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 17, 2017, 01:22:38 PM
I don't use mods but the freezer thing is ridiculous to me. Are real life prison cells actually equipped with personal refrigerators? I have watched many documentaries of somewhat luxurious prisons but never saw a prison cell where inmates can pick as many meals they want.

Do real life prisons have organ harvesting going on ? Rimworld ain't exactly a real life based game...the reason I have fridges inside prison cells is so that I avoid a problem of my colonist hauling every few seconds up and down food....this way they have 10 meals inside the cell that does not spoil

NemesisN

never mind what I just said....they are still hauling lavish meal to prisoners even tho their cells are packed with 10 simple meals and prisoners have NO FOOD policy....I just noticed it....this is a complete brainfuck for me....20 prisoners getting lavish meal daily  >:(

Wishmaster

Quote from: NemesisN on October 21, 2017, 07:55:34 PM
I managed to figure it out using that food restriction mod....I needed to select all prisoners into receiving no food....if I set it to receive food even prisoner option or worst meal first option my colony still hauls nearest food they have which is lavish meal

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 17, 2017, 01:22:38 PM

Do real life prisons have organ harvesting going on ? Rimworld ain't exactly a real life based game...the reason I have fridges inside prison cells is so that I avoid a problem of my colonist hauling every few seconds up and down food....this way they have 10 meals inside the cell that does not spoil

If you set a policy, "worst meals" or "prisoners", they will bring the worst meals to your prisoners.
Maybe check mods settings and pawn policies individually.

If you mean that your colonist bring lavish meals to the refrigerator SFS does not affects hauling jobs in any way.

christhekiller

You could just build a nutrient paste dispenser in your prison and uncheck the "prisoner gets food" option. It's what I do

NemesisN

Quote from: Wishmaster on October 21, 2017, 08:30:00 PM
If you set a policy, "worst meals" or "prisoners", they will bring the worst meals to your prisoners.

If you mean that your colonist bring lavish meals to the refrigerator SFS does not affects hauling jobs in any way.

I already tried that results are still same....even with NO FOOD! policy they still get hauled lavish meal to their cells

No the refrigerators are full of simple meals (10 meals each fridge) but they still haul lavish meal into their cell and put it on the ground...his job being feeding prisoner "name"

Canute

I think it is a vanila feature that you can enable/disable food for prisoners.
Just disable food for each prisoners.
They can grab their from from the fridge you put inside the prison.
But you need to be careful with prisoner which are incap. and can't get their food.

Wishmaster

Quote from: NemesisN on October 23, 2017, 10:31:40 AM
Quote from: Wishmaster on October 21, 2017, 08:30:00 PM

I already tried that results are still same....even with NO FOOD! policy they still get hauled lavish meal to their cells

No the refrigerators are full of simple meals (10 meals each fridge) but they still haul lavish meal into their cell and put it on the ground...his job being feeding prisoner "name"

Surprising. I am sure the mod works... Check the mod settings.

Havan_IronOak

This one bothers me too. I wish that there were a level selection as there is is with medicine type.