Is legendary armor (arguably) worse than normal?

Started by Ncates1234, October 18, 2017, 09:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ncates1234

What I've taken into notice is that my newest legendary power armor broke down way faster than my three year old poor quality in the last raid.

It appears better gear absorbs more damage to itself than the pawn, but...
How come refined gear breaks down faster than some shoddy scraps put together?

To note armor was worn by the same warrior.

I haven't seen recent threads about armors. And I'd like to ask... Are there any plans to rework them? Or if any mods exist that change battle degradation.

Keychan

I believe it has to do with what you said.  Better armor absorbs more hits, thus taking more damage/degradation.  The thing is, no matter the quality, that power armor will always have the same amount of hit points. So worse armor lasts longer because attacks 'misses' the armor and it doesn't get degraded.  It either outright misses the pawn or hits them directly.  This is all speculation though.

There are no ways to repair power armor in vanilla, probably at best Tynan can rework the hitpoints to increase with quality.

There's the Mending mod which gives you the option to repair weapons and armor, but for power armor it requires a great craftsman.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22894.0

Ncates1234

Quote from: Keychan on October 18, 2017, 11:22:26 AM
I believe it has to do with what you said.  Better armor absorbs more hits, thus taking more damage/degradation.  The thing is, no matter the quality, that power armor will always have the same amount of hit points. So worse armor lasts longer because attacks 'misses' the armor and it doesn't get degraded.  It either outright misses the pawn or hits them directly.  This is all speculation though.

There are no ways to repair power armor in vanilla, probably at best Tynan can rework the hitpoints to increase with quality.

There's the Mending mod which gives you the option to repair weapons and armor, but for power armor it requires a great craftsman.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22894.0
Guess that will do it for some time, thanks!

Perq

I believe that the % absorbed is the % that the armor will take as damage and the rest goes to the part that got hit.
If armor has 100% absorption rating, it means that pawn cannot be damaged as long as the armor holds. But this also means the armor will get damaged very quickly.
And that is a good thing. You want armor to be damaged, not your pawn. :V

So after all I think it is better to replace armors than pawn's body parts... or pawns themselves. :P
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

Barik Morloc

Also, consider using the Infused mod. It gives armour/weapons a chance to have additional effects. There not to op stuff like work-related boost and also a fairly common imbuement that adds HP to the durability of an item.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731287727

giannikampa

I reember someone arguing that the higher wealth you get dressing legendary apparels and weapons (thus higher enemies strenght) does not properly balance with the benefit of the items themselves to repel those enemies.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Limdood

i'm also fairly sure that armor degradation was patched in a recent alpha to no longer degrade faster by absorbing more.

Perhaps you just fought more battles or took significantly more fire while wearing the legendary?  It would seem like the legendary is taking more damage, but it would just be the circumstances

Bozobub

I *seem* to remember seeing the same thing relatively recently, re: armor, but I'll be damned if I can find it with a search, at least as of yet :P.
Thanks, belgord!