[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

No, sorry, only robots for now. I hope to get her finally be ready over the weekend. :)

dismar

Quote from: Haplo on April 22, 2016, 11:46:07 AM
No, sorry, only robots for now. I hope to get her finally be ready over the weekend. :)

The robots are awesome btw. Used them since release and still love them.

totos_totidis

Is there a way for me to find out when if ever my colonists will return from an expedition?

dj84722

I found a interesting bug earlier today,one of my colonists started a social fight with my cleaner robot, the reason: hard worker vs lazy
unfortunately i was to busy laughing to get a screenshot

hector212121

Quote from: Canute on April 23, 2016, 06:52:29 AM
Just wait until these robots start a social rebellion and throw all these lazy humans out of their colony ! :-)

I can see that, if only because enhanced MAIs are passionate about everything and with all the research can do everything. Combine that with 100% mood, assuming everything stays permanently the same, and the only advantage humans have is bionics, and that's only if you have Glittertech, really, otherwise the mood GWS bonus combined with andriod outdoes it.

totos_totidis

I have a problem. My colonists won't come back from the expedition. Is there a way for me to return them?

Nanao-kun

Quote from: totos_totidis on April 23, 2016, 11:36:05 AM
I have a problem. My colonists won't come back from the expedition. Is there a way for me to return them?

If they don't come back, they can't tell you that they died. Because they most assuredly died if they failed to show up after the time limit.

totos_totidis

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 23, 2016, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: totos_totidis on April 23, 2016, 11:36:05 AM

If they don't come back, they can't tell you that they died. Because they most assuredly died if they failed to show up after the time limit.
Well that is a problem since i did not know that colonists could die there. So i send most of my colony. That would make an intersting story.

falconbunker

I am quite happy bots are here, no more hauling for my lazy colonists!

Haplo

Normally they shouldn't die on the away mission. That part isn't implemented.
But there seems to be a bug, where the active variable is set to off without respawning the colonists. Can you post your save game, I can try to restart it so they'll return. (zip first as the forum doesn't allow files larger 600kb)

For my information: was there something exceptional in between the time where they should return? Another incident of some kind? save/reloaded? How long should they have been gone? How long did you wait?

calmatt

Hello, after installing some of these mods (I made sure to put them in order as well) I get the error message "accessing play start spot before setting it" and the settlers never spawn from the drop pods. Here is a picture of my mod-list.
https://snag.gy/1ZfWuR.jpg

The "core" and "Misc_Core" patches aren't shown but they are at the top of the list. Any ideas?

Ok so after extensive testing it appears the patch for EdBPrepareCarefully is causing the problems. Even though I have the PrepareCarefully mod installed, without the patch supplied here PrepareCarefully works, as well as these mods.

Haplo

Hmm do you have miscellaneous MapGenerator also installed? The patch corrects a problem between MapGenerator and PrepareCarefully. It is not to be used when one of them isn't installed.

Edit:
Quote from: Haplo on April 24, 2016, 01:46:12 AM
Normally they shouldn't die on the away mission. That part isn't implemented.
But there seems to be a bug, where the active variable is set to off without respawning the colonists. Can you post your save game, I can try to restart it so they'll return. (zip first as the forum doesn't allow files larger 600kb)

For my information: was there something exceptional in between the time where they should return? Another incident of some kind? save/reloaded? How long should they have been gone? How long did you wait?
I found a bug in Incidents. If you save while you send someone off map but they aren't gone yet, then afterwards load this savegame, the active value was wrongly reset. Please redownload incidents version 0.13.2.
The new version shouldn't have this problem anymore. But for your old savegame, that still needs to be manually activated..

Haplo

Update:

Finally I've finished MAI.
So here she is, fresh from the coding bench. 8)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]