[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pktongrimworld

YAY!

qurffe

So if i use both robots and MAI, dolesnt matter in which order i load them, i get some yellow warning saying something about duplicate trader label? Does it break anything?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Haplo

No, that's just because I have the trader for robots in both, so I needed the translation twice. The game just informs you that the same text is translated twice. You can ignore that message. It doesn't break anything. It's really just an informative warning that a translation is done twice.

I know it's not the perfect solution. I have to remove the robot trader from one or the other to remove that message. But then you don't have the trader if you only have one active..
I'll think about removing the trader from MAI maybe.. Well see, well see.

Hammurapie

MAI doesn't work. Everything goes smoothly, but after colonist works on recipe to activate it nothing happens. I started a new world to doublecheck and it doesn't work still. Anyone else has the same problem? Win7 here.

Galleg

Hey. Got a problem when my colonists try to haul stone chunks, they try hard to pick them up but its like they coudn't and falls dawn, they try it for hours and sometimes just haul them without problem. I'll try to train the dogs to haul them.

Chibiabos

Wish finished mods like this could get their own subforum instead of one uberlong thread of 90+ pages of posts :/  I'm noticing an odd quirk when running this mod (and apologies for not reading through 90+ pages of previous thread posts to see if its been addressed :/) ... in vanilla, I can select a growing zone, then do Architect > Zones > Growing Zones to expand the growing zone.  However, with the mod loaded, if I have a Growing Zone selected, and use Architect > Zones > Growing Zones to try to expand it, the current zone is de-selected and instead of expanding the zone, it creates a new zone which is not what I want :/  Was this done intentionally for some reason?
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Haplo

Quote from: Hammurapie on April 25, 2016, 07:00:14 AM
MAI doesn't work. Everything goes smoothly, but after colonist works on recipe to activate it nothing happens. I started a new world to doublecheck and it doesn't work still. Anyone else has the same problem? Win7 here.

I'm sorry to hear that. Normally it should work. I have tested it all on my Win10 computer and didn't encounter any problems. Do you have all ingredients? You need the defined Plasteel and 40 Gold (not 2 as in the description because of the x20 part) or the defined plasteel and one AI core.

Quote from: Galleg on April 25, 2016, 04:21:32 PM
Hey. Got a problem when my colonists try to haul stone chunks, they try hard to pick them up but its like they coudn't and falls dawn, they try it for hours and sometimes just haul them without problem. I'll try to train the dogs to haul them.
Hmm, sorry but I don't think that is a problem of any Miscellaneous part? I don't change anything at the colonist code nor at the code for hauling stuff.. Or is that a problem of Mai/Robots only? I did try it and as long as there is a free space in a dumping zone, all my colonists, MAIs and Robots hauled the boulders without problems..

Quote from: Chibiabos on April 25, 2016, 05:08:34 PM
Wish finished mods like this could get their own subforum instead of one uberlong thread of 90+ pages of posts :/  I'm noticing an odd quirk when running this mod (and apologies for not reading through 90+ pages of previous thread posts to see if its been addressed :/) ... in vanilla, I can select a growing zone, then do Architect > Zones > Growing Zones to expand the growing zone.  However, with the mod loaded, if I have a Growing Zone selected, and use Architect > Zones > Growing Zones to try to expand it, the current zone is de-selected and instead of expanding the zone, it creates a new zone which is not what I want :/  Was this done intentionally for some reason?

Hmm, I also don't have anything modified at the Zone Tool. I've tried it on my computer and I don't have these problems. I placed a growing zone, deselected it, selected it by clicking on it and creating a new growing zone over it. It expanded the growing zone without problems. 

qurffe

This is what happens when i try to activate MAI, using god mode to get research, and material for bench and activation.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
Error while creating AIPawnE.
Could not load type 'CommonMisc.Radar' from assembly 'AIPawn'.
STACK:
  at AIPawn.AIPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef kindDef, RimWorld.Faction faction, Gender gender, Int32 tries) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.AIPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (System.String kindDefName, RimWorld.Faction faction, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.CreateAIPawn (System.String pawnDefName, IntVec3 position, RimWorld.Faction faction, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.CreateAIPawn (System.String pawnDefName, IntVec3 position, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreatorEnhanced.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

EDIT: Same thing happens even when its the only mod i load.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Chibiabos on April 25, 2016, 05:08:34 PM
{snip}
  However, with the mod loaded, if I have a Growing Zone selected, and use Architect > Zones > Growing Zones to try to expand it, the current zone is de-selected and instead of expanding the zone, it creates a new zone which is not what I want :/  Was this done intentionally for some reason?

I've had this problem without having miscellaneous installed so its not this mod.  Before I saw this comment I thought it was just me and have slowed down my click/click+drag and with a bit more of a deliberate pace it doesn't happen.

Hammurapie

Quote from: Haplo on April 25, 2016, 05:16:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Normally it should work. I have tested it all on my Win10 computer and didn't encounter any problems. Do you have all ingredients? You need the defined Plasteel and 40 Gold (not 2 as in the description because of the x20 part) or the defined plasteel and one AI core.
It works! After 2 hours of fruitless testing I realised I extracted misc. CORE in the wrong folder and didn't enable it at all  ::). It didn't give me a mod conflict error so I didn't notice. Much thanks for the mod, roleplaying with it is the only thing that keeps me from quickly burning out.

Nanao-kun

Does the quality of the automatic turret base affect it's accuracy or anything?

qurffe

Well figured out what was wrong ... i didnt have the misc core mod. You should update the front page to say MAI needs core mod cause it doesnt say so.

dismar

Quote from: qurffe on April 25, 2016, 06:50:38 PM
Well figured out what was wrong ... i didnt have the misc core mod. You should update the front page to say MAI needs core mod cause it doesnt say so.

This contains various core functions for other Miscellaneous parts.
It must be loaded before the other parts!

It is the 5th and sixth line. maybe move it up and Bold it? :)

qurffe

Quote from: dismar on April 25, 2016, 10:28:48 PM
Quote from: qurffe on April 25, 2016, 06:50:38 PM

This contains various core functions for other Miscellaneous parts.
It must be loaded before the other parts!

It is the 5th and sixth line. maybe move it up and Bold it? :)
Its just that the first 3 mods say they need CORE right under their name, but robots, training and MAI doesnt say so, and i was using robots and training without core and they worked fine. So it never occured to me MAI would need core until someone said it here.

Haplo

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 25, 2016, 06:25:09 PM
Does the quality of the automatic turret base affect it's accuracy or anything?
No, basically the quality isn't really needed. I've just added it to vary the prices at the trader ;)

Quote from: Canute on April 26, 2016, 03:09:53 AM
Maybe you can add a Mod check at the loading phase for the other mod's if Core is active.
Add at the download section too, that all other mod's need Core.
And at last, maybe change Core into Main, so people don't think about the Core from rimworld self !
Yes, that can be a bit misleading and I seem to forgot the description on Mai..
I'll change the descriptions on the start page when I'm back at my computer.
Thank you all for pointing it out. :D