[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Haha, poor naked cleaning bot. Now they make sculptures of its nakedness ;)

Galleg

And now is attending at a wedding! I hope it doesn't drink all my bier!! XD Love it ! Sorry I don't know how to post pictures!

Demonlord091

Quote from: Haplo on May 01, 2016, 05:11:27 AM
Quote from: Demonlord091 on April 29, 2016, 01:30:03 AM
Quote from: ticattack on April 28, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
I can do so, but I'll need to work out where the output files are saved first. A savegame I can provide, but I'm running quite a few small mods, so it may be of limited use. I'd be curious if Demonlord091 (or anyone else experiencing this issue) is running other mods, see if there's any overlap.

I'll try to find the output_log.txt file and post it when I do.

Username>AppData>LocalLow>LudeonLow>Ludeon Studios>Rimworld>Saves   is where the output log is located on Windows 7.

I am indeed using an unpleasant amount of mods, so as I said I can't be sure it's this one that's causing the problem. It was around 5am or so when I posted my last message, so I'll take another look at it to see what I can dig up.

My log file should be attached as well as my (mostly) unchanged save file.

Sorry it took me a while to take a look at your files.
From my look at it you have multiple problems with your mods:
-Follow Me throws an error
d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=6001 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
I AM NOW HERE:
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at FollowMe.Bootstrap+<>c.<.ctor>b__0_0()
   at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
   at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
   at Verse.LongEventHandler.LongEventsUpdate()
   at Verse.Root.RootUpdate()
   at Verse.RootEntry.RootUpdate()
   at Verse.RootGameObject.Update()

Multiple errors from the CommunityCoreLibrary:
Exception spawning loaded thing ElectricSmelter360955: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.CompPowerLowIdleDraw.get_LowPowerMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._CompGlower._ShouldBeLitNow (Verse.CompGlower obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CompGlower.PostSpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Building.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_WorkTable.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This one really is problematic to identify as the iterator brings a null result. But why? Don't know..
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[PawnGroupMaker] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility+<GenerateArrivingPawns>c__IteratorAE.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup.SpawnPawns (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've made a change to your savegame. Can you try this please?
There where incidents queued at the storyteller which I think shouldnt be there..
Right now I am too lazy to get all your mods :)

Lol sure. I certainly can't blame you for not wanting to load all the mods I was fooling with. I actually forgot I had FollowMe since it never actually worked, I'll remove that later.

CCL has been kind of buggy ever since the first time I first used it, but more often than not the bugs were harmless.
I'll let you know how the savegame works.

Fluff_Thorrent

Hey Haplo! I started using Misc. Training. One of my colonists, Sari, keeps throwing errors about seeking joy from the Shooting Target. It's not game-crashing, just a bit annoying. She is incapable of Violent actions and doesn't carry any ranged weapon, so I'm thinking that it might be related to the problem.

Haplo

Can you post your output_log.txt please?
The incapable of violence may be the reason, but she shouldn't get the shooting target as a valid joy target without a ranged weapon... ???

silverskin

Would it be possible for someone to use the robots xtension and nick the droid sprites from the old mechanical defence mod and bring back the droids?

passi965

Hey Haplo,
is it normal that my Mai's have a ''Shielding error'' forever?
its been like that sice i built my first Mai and it always says ''Expires in: 12 Hours''

Edit: or might that because of them not having an AI core installed?

red3dred

Hello sir, great mod, and much fun to use, but i have a suggestion after seeing your turret bases (Which, by the way, kill downed targets for some reason), and that is to make a hunter turret, or turret base, whose sole purpose is to auto-hunt any animal that enters its range. A really good way to say "Get out of my lawn" to those pesky boars and such. Let's just hope Thrumbos don't walk into your base...

Fluff_Thorrent

Quote from: Haplo on May 02, 2016, 07:43:30 AM
Can you post your output_log.txt please?
The incapable of violence may be the reason, but she shouldn't get the shooting target as a valid joy target without a ranged weapon... ???

Sure, here you go :) I didn't have it recorded earlier but it managed to reproduce itself. Looking at the log, it would seem as though "pawn" or "targetThing" is the problem, as it complains about it not being an instance of an object when the building tries to issue the "joy activity" to Sari.

Sari threw exception while determining job (main): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at TrainingFacility.JoyGiver_PracticeShooting.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing targetThing, Boolean NoJoyCheck) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TrainingFacility.JoyGiver_PracticeShooting.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetJoy.TryGiveJobFromJoyGiverDefDirect (RimWorld.JoyGiverDef def, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetJoy.TryGiveTerminalJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextJob (Verse.ThinkTreeDef& thinkTree) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=DoBill, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_DoBill

Chibiabos

Quote from: Haplo on May 01, 2016, 05:56:49 AM
Quote from: Maitri on April 30, 2016, 07:54:31 PM
Unsure if this is a widespread problem but I cannot create new worlds with Miscellaneous Map Generator turned on.

You click 'generate' and then it just blinks and goes back to the world generator screen, creating nothing. With this turned off, it works fine. Took me a while to identify it.
Hmm, I don't know what could be the problem there..
Can you post your output_log.txt file from after you've tried it, please?
You can find it in the folder RimWorld/RimWorldXXXWin_Data/

UPDATE:
I've updated MAI and Robots. This is only a small update to fix the robot trader.
Big thank you to Hiztaar for finding it :)

Furthermore I fixed a ?possible? savegame-breaking bug in Incidents.
This may be the reason why Demonlord091 and ticattack have a destroyed savegame.
The problem is that incidents fires the incident to spawn a new visitor if there isn't anyone nearby.
This spawning was faulty by allowing the colony faction to be a valid faction. This is a problem for the incident handler..
Thanks to Demonlord091 I could identify this big mistake.

I recommend everyone using Misc. Incidents to update to the newest version asap!

Sorry for the inconveniences.  :-[

If you have a savegame that doesn't load because of Incidents, please post it and I'll try to repair it.

If you want, you can also do it yourself:
- open the savegame with a text editor (like notepad++)
- search for <storyteller>
- In there delete all entries in <queuedIncidents> so that it looks like this:
<incidentQueue>
<queuedIncidents />
</incidentQueue>

-save and try to load the game

I DEFINITELY recommend both fixes (the patch + clearing out incidentQueue from your savefile).  After downloading and installing the patch, nothing changed -- I had no weather/incidents/traders for a year prior to the patch nor several months (in-game-time) after it, but after clearing out the incident queue in the savefile ... holy cow, its trying to make up for lost time.  Escape pod crash, and while ... ummm ... making sure that person is safe :P by taking them to a secure room, another escape pod crashed (before I could even get to the first one) and I suddenly had a lot of weather, too.  The entire previous year and a half or so, I had no rain nor any sort of weather at all, either :/  Hopefully traders will come soon.  I'm out of components and my freezer and general stockpile areas are full of stuff I've been making.  Its been frustrating only having four colonists for so long.  And raiders just hit, too ... all within just a couple hours of clearing out the IncidentQueue!
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Haplo

Quote from: passi965 on May 02, 2016, 11:33:36 AM
Hey Haplo,
is it normal that my Mai's have a ''Shielding error'' forever?
its been like that sice i built my first Mai and it always says ''Expires in: 12 Hours''
Thanks for the info. I think there is something wrong with the damage detection of this message. I don't think it is something gamebreaking, but I'll look into it..

Quote from: Fluff_Thorrent on May 02, 2016, 03:55:46 PM
Sure, here you go :) I didn't have it recorded earlier but it managed to reproduce itself. Looking at the log, it would seem as though "pawn" or "targetThing" is the problem, as it complains about it not being an instance of an object when the building tries to issue the "joy activity" to Sari.
Thank you. At first glance I don't know what it could be, but I'll look into the code. Something in there is behaving wrongly..

Another day another bug. Has someone a can of anti-bug-spray for me? ;)

Quote from: Chibiabos on May 02, 2016, 08:37:36 PM
I DEFINITELY recommend both fixes (the patch + clearing out incidentQueue from your savefile).  After downloading and installing the patch, nothing changed -- I had no weather/incidents/traders for a year prior to the patch nor several months (in-game-time) after it, but after clearing out the incident queue in the savefile ... holy cow, its trying to make up for lost time.  Escape pod crash, and while ... ummm ... making sure that person is safe :P by taking them to a secure room, another escape pod crashed (before I could even get to the first one) and I suddenly had a lot of weather, too.  The entire previous year and a half or so, I had no rain nor any sort of weather at all, either :/  Hopefully traders will come soon.  I'm out of components and my freezer and general stockpile areas are full of stuff I've been making.  Its been frustrating only having four colonists for so long.  And raiders just hit, too ... all within just a couple hours of clearing out the IncidentQueue!

Thanks for the info and yes, I would also recommend doing both if you're using an old savegame where there weren't any incidents for a long time. The bug isn't always preventing the incidents, but if you're unlucky..

Goldenpotatoes

I'm not exactly sure if this is already in the incidents mod, but if not, would it be possible to add a chance for the rumor to include the location of kidnapped pawns? I know there's already one based the concept of going to a raider camp to rescue someone, just instead of getting a gun/item out of it, you get the colonist.

tresflores

been a fan of misc for awhile now but i jut tried out the incident mod and sent some people out to a slaver camp and they never came back not even under colonist tab.i there a way u or i can fix this

Nanao-kun

Quote from: tresflores on May 03, 2016, 09:30:34 PM
been a fan of misc for awhile now but i jut tried out the incident mod and sent some people out to a slaver camp and they never came back not even under colonist tab.i there a way u or i can fix this

Sending colonists out carries a chance of death.

I think a message saying something along the lines of "It's been X days since your colonists have set out. It's safe to say they've perished." would be nice though.

Rock5

Quote from: Canute on May 04, 2016, 03:29:42 AM
Or at the case of the slaver.
The slaver comes instead the pawn and offer to release the pawn(s) for some silver.
I like it, a hostage situation.

And he comes with backup and you have to make the choice between paying the silver, refusing and loosing the colonist or attacking the slaver and rescuing the colonist.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport