[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katjezz

Quote from: Haplo on June 09, 2016, 11:11:37 AM
Prepare Carefully is only incompatible with the MapGenerator.

Are you sure? Because i am using prepare carefully and the Map generator and it works flawless

Haplo

Quote from: katjezz on June 09, 2016, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Haplo on June 09, 2016, 11:11:37 AM
Prepare Carefully is only incompatible with the MapGenerator.

Are you sure? Because i am using prepare carefully and the Map generator and it works flawless
Yes, you don't see any errors, BUT only the one that is loaded last will really work (if you don't use the patch).
They both overwrite the core MapGenerator to add their own stuff.

If you have PC loaded last, you won't get the ruins from my MapGenerator;
If you load MG last, you may get problems with the PC part.

To prevent that, use the correct patch AFTER both are loaded.

katjezz

oh right fugg totally forgot about the patch

thats why it works for me.

Something else:

I was testing some ways to decrease the usual size of walk-in freezers today and tested out the nano storage. It seems that the resources stored in them do not show up on the counter to the left, and the biggest problem is that my people won't take anything thats not at the top.

the nano storage is filled with about 500 muffalo meat, but because they only stack to 75 i would have to click on "switch top item" every 7 meals that get cooked. The cook wont take the 4(5) meat because she needs 10 to cook.
This applies to seemingly all other goods too that are not at the first place in the nano storage, you have to manually cycle through them to make them available.

Is this simply some engine limitation stuff?

PaoLorenz

Just an update: it all works.
Re-downloaded the generic Robot chunk and it's far better now. Loads and keeps...
I already tried to make a couple more robots in the defs, looks easy enough once you look up the tutorial !
: )
Haul-a-Bot, Cook-a-Bot, MediBot... (yes, I saw later that the hauler was coded in... alas !!!).
I will try some exotic combo later on, and if someone wants to copy the code, just tell me.
I guess testing them comes down to getting some traders to sell them, so it will take a bit, since I started the colony just yesterday.

BTW, added the robot part with the colony already started, and it did not create any big issue. Once I added the mods it crashed (the game just closes down, without any error warning) but it loaded ok and started just fine.

Look forward to Farm-a-Bot !!!!
: )

Haplo

Quote from: katjezz on June 09, 2016, 03:58:08 PM

Yes, the NanoStorage "vanishes" the resources so that it isn't registered in the resource list anymore.
This is a problem with how it works internally. But as there are other solutions, I am unsure if I will ever overhaul the NanoStorage or just remove it. 

For your cooking problem:
If you set it to 'extract', the next resource should appear once there isn't anything on top anymore.
Please check if you set it to extract the resources.

But generally speaking, the NanoStorage may not survive the next alpha version as there are enough other (and maybe better?) variants available.

katjezz

Yeah i already thought its an implementation limitation.

Using "extract" sadly doesnt work in this case.

The issue is that 1 meal needs 10 meat resource. If there is only 1 meat ontop of the nano storage it wont be used, ever. So it never "depletes" and the extract function doesnt do anything because of that.

I would suggest changing the stacking mechanic similar to what extended storage does, increase the allowed stacksize(75>500). Instead of allowing a huge amount of different resources to be storaged, it should be only one at a time with a huge stacksize.

Its still a 1x1 so i would prefer the nano storage over the 1x2 from extended storage

Haplo

Quote from: Canute on June 11, 2016, 03:07:57 AM
The Nanostorage is currently the worsest way to store things.
Your pawn don't have access to all stuff inside, and you need to micromanage it if you want change it.
And since the stuff isn't visible it don't show at the colony overview either.
I don't know why haplo still keep it updated, i think nostalgic reasons, since this was one of the first storage expansions :-)

I suggest to use other storages which don't store the stuff inside.
- Quantum Storage, RT Mods
- Deep Storage, mipen's Mechanical Defence 2
- Extended Storage,  Skullywags Misc mods
You're right, they are only sentimental reasons why I have it still available.
But I'll cut it for the next alpha release :)

zeggz

You're right, they are only sentimental reasons why I have it still available.
But I'll cut it for the next alpha release :)

I disagree with Canute. Nanostorage is still a good option to store weapons and apparels, more than the alternatives. You should keep it Haplo.

Zakhad

Is there a way to manually force e.g. edit save file to make colonists return from a rumorof event? They've been gone an entire season when it was only meant to be 6 days.

Haplo

Quote from: Zakhad on June 13, 2016, 09:43:58 PM
Is there a way to manually force e.g. edit save file to make colonists return from a rumorof event? They've been gone an entire season when it was only meant to be 6 days.
Yes, try to search for the MapComponent_RuinsOf (or something similiar.. should be in <components> somewhere). There should be a variable named Active which is most likely set to False. Set this to True.
Maybe increase the time to something higher 0.

I'll look into the exact naming later on when I'm home. This is what I remember right now, so I don't give a guarantee for correctness 8)

cj360man

I have no other mods running and I get a bunch of error messages when loading CORE and MAI. Any help?

Haplo

Without the messages I can't tell much. Normally please post your output_log.txt file from the RimworldXYZ_Data subfolder.
But first make sure you have extracted the zip into the mods folder, so that they are next to the core mod. Never change the core mod.
Next go to the mod page and activate FIRST Misc_Core and then Misc_Mai.
Last, leave the mod page and then Restart Rimworld.
Do you still have errors?

Seikikai

I Like The MAI Mod But There's Some Things That Need To Be Fixed :1

- MAIs Being Affected By Toxic Fallout
- MAIs Being Uncapalbe Of Move When Are On Fire
- MAIs Sleeping At Beds/Hospital Beds And Colonists Sleepeng At Recharge Stations

Also Would Be Good If Be Possible To Customize MAI Color And Change MAI Body Type To A Male Body

phoenixmastm

Quote from: Seikikai on June 16, 2016, 03:54:54 PM
I Like The MAI Mod But There's Some Things That Need To Be Fixed :1

- MAIs Being Affected By Toxic Fallout
- MAIs Being Uncapalbe Of Move When Are On Fire
- MAIs Sleeping At Beds/Hospital Beds And Colonists Sleepeng At Recharge Stations

Also Would Be Good If Be Possible To Customize MAI Color And Change MAI Body Type To A Male Body

This and give us a Double Recharge Station. MAI's need Lovin' too. :)

Canute

Damn Japanese, they copied your MAI :-))
Fujitsu develop the Robopin.