[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great

Hmm,the robot can actualy have relation and start brawl with my colonist.Pls disable this.A hauler bot just slighted Ambas and drove her mad.They also love to insult peoples...cleaner bot too.

Kyos

MAI glitches found while playing:
- Sedate & rescue does not prevent a mai frame from self-destructing.

Extrapolation: Is self-destruction a necessary mechanic for MAI and Mai pawns?

As of A13: Generic Components are now part of the game, will those be used in future MAI recipes or fabrication?

123nick

how do you get a tactical computer? you buy them right? also, how do you get a hauler robot? i havent seen them, ever available, when trading. maybe make them craftable, and the research too be able too craft them a prerequisite for MAI? it would make sense- start with simpler robots before advancing too super-capable MAI's

Etherdreamer

Sarelth

There is a mod called Craftable Robots that has a few robots based off this mod.
It's on the Steam Workshop.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727484454

123nick

hey i found a bug with the robots mod:

robots attend marriage ceremonys :P

Haplo

Thats not a bug, but a feature..  8)
To be honest, that is something that I can't prevent except with overwriting the wedding incident code.
And no, I won't try to do that :)

123nick

Quote from: Haplo on July 25, 2016, 03:10:36 PM
Thats not a bug, but a feature..  8)
To be honest, that is something that I can't prevent except with overwriting the wedding incident code.
And no, I won't try to do that :)

:) ok, its not too big a bug anyways , but another question: how do you get a tactical computer? from traders? or can it be researched?

kiko

Quote from: Sarelth on July 24, 2016, 11:43:25 PM
There is a mod called Craftable Robots that has a few robots based off this mod.
It's on the Steam Workshop.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727484454

Can anyone re-upload this to mediafire or something similar cause i'am having problem with steam right now.. would really appreciate..

BlueFreakQ

I'm working on a further-extended version of Craftable Robots.  I'll post the first build once I'm reasonably sure I've caught all the bugs.  First build won't have new/modified art yet.

BlueFreakQ

It's close, but ironically enough - it's the Discipline Bot that's throwing errors.  It seems to actually tame/train and interact with prisoners, but each time it throws a null reference exception.  The game also displays "Need Warden" - even when the bot is engaging a prisoner.  This is my first attempt at Rimworld modding, so I could be doing any number of things wrong.

The error I keep getting is below.  As it is now, as long as you don't use the Discipline Bot you should be fine, if anyone wants to test it out, or take a look at where i went wrong.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2aHzTmRN09CdFVoSkhlZS1GbVU

Description:
This mod expands on the Misc. Robots addon by Haplo_X1 (and initially expanded by Neonod) and as such it does require Misc. Core and Misc. Robots as dependencies.

Adds a bot for each skill type.  Miner and Crafter bots no longer construct/repair.  Gardner bot now replants.

Robots added: (All bots below now flick switches. Skill 4)
Gardener Bot (Planting and Plantcutting. Skill 4)
Crafting Bot (General crafter: Crafting/Smithing/Tailor. Skill 4)
Mining Bot (Mining. Skill 4)
Emergency Response/Medical Bot (Rescues and treats patients, fights fires. Not flammable. Skill 4)
Discipline Bot (Manage, feed, chat with, and recruit prisoners as well as tame and train animals. Skill 4)
***Discipline Bot is currently misbehaving
Construction Bot (Construct and Repair. Skill 4)
Hunter Bot (Hunt designated animals. skill 6) - Need to manually assign a weapon
Cooking Bot (Cook Simple meals, butchers. Skill 4)

Recipe's added to machining table - each cost 250 steel and 10 components.

Next:
Customize art so each is unique/distinguishable
Research for more advanced models (including Hauler and Cleaner)
Add in said advanced models (better/faster, more skilled, but not as good as MAI)

All credit to Haplo_X1 for artwork and gardener bot from their Misc. Robots Xtension mod sample.

Thanks to Neonod, who's expansion I used as a basis.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Discipline Bot, Job=PrisonerAttemptRecruit A=Thing_Human37518, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal+<WaitToBeAbleToInteract>c__AnonStorey1EF.<>m__BD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Sarelth

Quote from: BlueFreakQ on July 27, 2016, 12:17:37 AM
Snipped

That download link is one big Unsafe link warning...
Might scare some people off of your addon.

BlueFreakQ

Interesting, thank you for telling me.  Others have been using it without an issue (or warning) - but to be honest, this is the first time I've used it.  Anonfiles is apparently down, dropbox is over limit, mega exposes the keys, mediafire just loops the captcha forever and never downloads, lol - this was the only free/no account one I could find.  Maybe I can get a link from Google drive w/o exposing identity.  Or possibly stop caring about that, hah.

Edit: Apparently, yes. - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2aHzTmRN09CdFVoSkhlZS1GbVU

I changed the link above as well, so noone else will go to a possibly suspect site.  Sorry about that.

Sarelth

Have you tried https://www.sendspace.com/ It's not too bad, I have used it for a few things.

The warning I got on your dl page was due to Google giving that site some warning for malicious downloads, according to the info it showed.

BlueFreakQ

Thanks, I haven't tried them yet, I'll check them out.

Edit:  Quick and easy, no account, download page not obnoxious.  I think we have a winner.