[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN7AG0NIS7

It's not my fault my colonists refuse to die! 0 deaths in 8 in-game years!  :P

Mst

Sorry if this have already been asked. I read the statement in OP but is there any chance I can add Robots and MAI to my existing save?
Now I have only training facility and no core.

TerrorThomasCao

I've done it with several saves including one last night, as long as you have no conflicting mods which vary from person to person, it should be fine, but always back up your files as a safeguard

Mst

Thanks! I'll try.

So if there is nothing red or yellow in a debug window it's all good or only time will tell?

Canute

- add the mods at last, and restart Rimworld.
- when rimworld start without error msg. load your safegame
- When you don't get errors, all got. when you get errors just safe another game, don't overwrite.  And load that again.
- when you still got errors, remove the mods and play without. Or start a new colony.

Mst

Quote from: Canute on February 02, 2017, 01:53:23 PM
- add the mods at last, and restart Rimworld.
- when rimworld start without error msg. load your safegame
- When you don't get errors, all got. when you get errors just safe another game, don't overwrite.  And load that again.
- when you still got errors, remove the mods and play without. Or start a new colony.
Thanks for the help! It's my first modded playthrough so lots for me to learn.

123nick

sorry if this was fixed , but im using the steam version so it should be most recent version, but, when one of my MAI got kidnapped , she now spams errors to the log about going to the recharge station.

Canute

Hehe kidnapped MAI, shouldn't she explode as goodbye gift for the kidnapper ?
Do you use  the latest version, when MAI don't need to sleep on caravans or a previous ?

FreyaMaluk

@Haplo just wanted to thank you for the Training Facilities mod. It's amazing :) and it is compatible with CR version 1.6.9.7 :)
Lucky me!

Haplo

It really is working completely?
With an earlier version it needed some code modified or the pawns simply didn't reloaded their weapons and just stood around doing nothing until the joy time was done..

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: Haplo on February 03, 2017, 04:53:25 PM
It really is working completely?
With an earlier version it needed some code modified or the pawns simply didn't reloaded their weapons and just stood around doing nothing until the joy time was done..
I can confirm that it gives both xp and joy as intended... maybe is my mod list?? I've spent a lot of time reading and looking for compatibles mods and compatible mod order :) should I send it to you?

Seeker89

So I got MAI hooked on Luciferium... but he won't carry one around or take it every six days like he should... without me telling him too.

Am I suppose to be able to hook him on that? will he die if I take him off?

gendalf

suggestion: Add a button to move the screen to the hauling/cleaning robot location, when the robot station is selected.
also it seems like their speed is affected by terrain even though they look like a hovering quadcopter robot.

Ledaren

Hello Haplo, I've just make MAI with Cooking tech researched, but she was activated with cooking work disabled.

Opening the save files, I can see the MAI get unique backstory which I believe dictate what she can do and not. She got ManualSkilled OFF because I didn't do the Construction Research (I check the misc source for this relation). In my understanding, bcause cooking have tags :

<workTags>
    <li>Cooking</li>
    <li>ManualSkilled</li>
  </workTags>

By having ManualSkilled OFF, it will not let MAI to do Cooking, Crafting,Growing and other jobs that have ManualSkilled tags? If this is true, then I suggest to make the construction research as prerequisites for researches that associated with those jobs to avoid confusion.