[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabdono

Quote from: Antariell on May 31, 2017, 01:09:02 PM
Have a problem with MAI robots (A17)
When I try to create any robot through the console it gives me this error:
ArgumentException: curve has start/end point with y > 0
  at Verse.Rand.ByCurve (Verse.SimpleCurve curve, Int32 sampleCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateRandomAge (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef kindDef, RimWorld.Faction faction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu+<DoListingItems_MapTools>c__AnonStorey5BE.<>m__B60 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DebugTool.DebugToolOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DebugTools.DebugToolsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename:  Line: -1)
Order download mods:
Core
misc.core
misc.robots
misc.robots++
Output log:
https://gist.github.com/24e99ce7132fe9424c1b0f7d01ccf007

MAI hasn't been updated for A17, it says so in the title and even the download link o.o

Love

Quote from: Love on May 30, 2017, 08:12:26 PM
I know Robots++ isn't exactly your purview, but the author said that a bug afflicting his crafting robots is beyond his ability to fix and given your mod is the dependency, I'm wondering if you can take a look at it: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26151.msg336847#msg336847

I know you replied to this thread already but you seem to be under the impression 1.7.3 fixed this and it did not I'm afraid.

Haplo

thinkpad

Is it possible to make BrainPals craftable?  I have near 20 people and want to swap their brains out and just buying them from traders will take forever

Canute

Possible yes, but haplo the author allready said no at the past.

If you want craftable brain implants, use one of the 2 medicin mods.
Ofcourse they arn't that good like the bionic brainpal's.

thinkpad

Is there a way to edit the one of the XML files to make it craftable, this would be for personal use only not redistributed.  If you don't want that knowledge out there you can PM me the info to edit it 

Canute

There is no easy way to edit the xml.
Because to be balanced you would need a
- research first
- a proper workbench
- not to speak what kind of materials.

Maybe ask at the EPOE thread for a addon to craft the brainpals at the adv. bionic workbenches.

If you don't care about the balance, spawn some brainpals with the dev. console and destroy the proper amout of silver you pay normaly at the trader.

thinkpad

Elldar

Where can I find A16 version of this mods? or can i use A17 version on A16 without problems? I'm playing on older version since not all mods are updated to newest yet

Haplo

Doomdark64

Is there an eta for MAI mod?. the bot ones that are out now are ok but mai you can  arm them and use them as secirity you cannot do anything with them on the other mods apart from their programmed uses.
Regards.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Doomdark64 on June 07, 2017, 04:25:57 AM
Is there an eta for MAI mod?. the bot ones that are out now are ok but mai you can  arm them and use them as secirity you cannot do anything with them on the other mods apart from their programmed uses.
Regards.

Sure, When it's done :)

Haplo said he'll get to work patching MAI over when the other mods stop kicking out errors, that is to say, nobody knows!

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I REALLY want MAI functional as well, but I'd rather have it fully functional than barely hanging together spamming the log and crashing shit.

Doomdark64

All Haplos mods are mint and  i hope he doesnt get sick of doing them.

Haplo

I've uploaded a PREVIEW build for MAI.

Unfortunately I have not much time to test her much.
Because of that I've only released a first preview build for now.

The official release (+steam) will be later when I've found a bit more time to test her..

gaultesian

Just testing out MAI now.  Seem to work fine.  The Automatic AI Assembler is supposed to work on its own, but it requires 500 stell and 350 silver.  I cannot seem to get anyone to bring over the materials from storage, and I cannot order anyone to do so.  The Assembler does not have an order bill tab, so I cannot direct it to make an MAI. Otherwise, I placed two MAI's into my game (dev mode).   THe Nanite machine works as directed...the workers will fill it with plasteel automatically, and the MAI 'bed' works like a charm.

I have over 50 mods going at any time, and your MAI mod does not feed me error dialog, so that is a positive sign :).