[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

There seems to be a bug with cleaner bots where they won't go back to their station even when on low energy, I just had one cleaning pretty close by and it just conked out because it ran out of energy. It didn't even try to go back. Is there a reason this is happening or is it a true bug?

Ignoral

Same here, robots are dying because they won't go back to the recharge station, was working fine yesterday.

Doomdark64

Quote from: Haplo on June 07, 2017, 03:50:04 PM
I've uploaded a PREVIEW build for MAI.

Unfortunately I have not much time to test her much.
Because of that I've only released a first preview build for now.

The official release (+steam) will be later when I've found a bit more time to test her..
You sir are magnificent!!. Thanks for your hard work getting MAI up and running so quick.

Haplo

Quote from: Ignoral on June 08, 2017, 09:17:43 AM
Same here, robots are dying because they won't go back to the recharge station, was working fine yesterday.

Yes, sorry. I've fixed a bug (party bug) and created a new one (don't recharge me bug).
Hopefully it's fixed now in 0.17.5.

gaultesian

So, any idea on how to use the AI Assembler?  It's just sitting in the corner of the room, collecting dust.  No one is supplying it with the steel and silver (I have lots of both), and there is no way to manually supply it.

***NEVERMIND...I figured it out *smacks head* ****

Canute

Yeah, the assembler is a bit unique.
The best you can describe it as stockpile for steel/silver with Important priority.
Nothing you can do to force to haul to the assembler.

gaultesian

I was expecting a Bill tab to pop up, but instead, it was done in the bottom menu options (just press Activate!).  I never looked down there.  It never ceases to amaze me how blind I can be, even when something is clearly in front of my face.

I have tested out the assembler, production recharge bed, and the different skill sets in the research tree for the variety of MAIs and it works without any issues on my side.

Thanks for a great mod!

Haplo

Thanks for the info. Then I guess I can officially release MAI  8)
And yes I'm aware that the assembler really needs to be overhauled sometime soon(tm)  ;D

Chalkie

Is there a way to tell the robots (haul, cleaning, etc) to stick within an area. For example, the home area?

Neren

You can do it the same way as with animals. However robots don't show up in any tabs so you have to set them manually one by one: when you select robot there are several color boxes under his name in left down corner, click on the third box (there should be something like "unrestricted" or name of one of your areas) and choose desired area.

gaultesian

A side note about the MAI:  they can and will marry humans (and their own).  Cool!  Not sure if it was intentional, but I like the dynamic.

Oh, and by the way, do not let one of your human colonists pick a fistfight with a totally enhanced melee combat MAI....one of my more cantankerous colonists got put in the hospital for quite some time  ;).

Great work!

Raf's

Can someone enlighten me? after i started updating this mod and added some other this error keeps poping up:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentDef.TargetAllowed (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
I assume it as something to do it your mode since after i updated all mods i had (i only had the latest version of bots before) the game started running a little better (before it was a slide show) or is it something completely unrelated?

Jimbob_

Can Anyone help with this?

Got temperature for null map.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GenTemperature:TryGetTemperatureForCell(IntVec3, Map, Single&)
Verse.GenTemperature:GetTemperatureForCell(IntVec3, Map)
BeeAndHoney.CompTimedRespawn:get_TicksUntilRespawnAtCurrentTemp()
BeeAndHoney.CompTimedRespawn:CompTickRare()
Verse.ThingWithComps:TickRare()
Verse.ThingOwner:ThingOwnerTickRare(Boolean)
Verse.Pawn_InventoryTracker:InventoryTrackerTickRare()
Verse.Pawn:TickRare()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Plasmatic

Quote from: Neren on June 10, 2017, 06:12:15 AM
You can do it the same way as with animals. However robots don't show up in any tabs so you have to set them manually one by one: when you select robot there are several color boxes under his name in left down corner, click on the third box (there should be something like "unrestricted" or name of one of your areas) and choose desired area.

Theres a mod called "base robots" that adds a tab for robots, where you can rename and restrict them, it seems to work with the hauling and cleaning bots, but I've not yet tested with MAI.

Might be something to look into adding support for if needed, it's a great tool if you are like me and prefer to have robots instead of humans (robots can be replaced!)

Canute

QuoteTheres a mod called "base robots" ...  but I've not yet tested with MAI.
Must be a steam mod, didn't see this at the forum yet.
MAI isn't a robot it is an android colonist and can be used and listed like your regular pawns.